Kids in the UK as young as 8 to be taught boys can have periods too

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Sounds to me like some are misunderstanding that "trans boys and men" are going to have been born female, and therefore, likely to have periods. They aren't saying the opposite: that people born males will have periods.

Maybe some don't like the fact that schools have to deal with having transsexual students and teachers in the first place- but if it's a fact that they do- then it's only logical it has to be addressed now and then.

I just don't get why this issue lights such a fire under some people's asses. WHY do people care so much what gender another person wishes to live their life/ be recognized as?

Most things I like to look at from a logic standpoint, not emotion that doesn't actually remedy anything. (And too many issues are emotion-driven and practically logic-devoid.)

Getting bent out of shape over the gender-identity of other people is completely illogical. There's no 'solution' to it other than just leave other people be, and stop fretting over them. There's no 'slippery slope' to leaving people alone to be who they are. It's not affecting you or your kids. Other rational adults must sometimes address the fact that transgendered people are a reality, and discuss them in guidelines, rules, laws, whatever. The whole, 'who uses what bathroom/shower/gym whatever' and that whole line of bunk is BEYOND idiotic.

I guess it's kinda of like the long hair hippies of the 60s and the jeans, white t-shirt, leather jacket, slicked back hair wearing bad-ass guys from the 50s that people didn't understand or like.

My wife, 19yo daughter home on college break and I were Christmas shopping yesterday and my daughter had been talking about some of the things her and a couple of her good friends had been doing at school. At one point she told us that she recently found out that one of the girls was a transgender girl. Naturally we were curious so we asked her questions about her trans friend. Apparently she started hormone treatments and "converted" when she was in high school. She has boobs but my daughter didn't know what she had down under. My daughter had been telling us about the transgender trend in college. Some of the kids are "legit" trans and for other kids it's a fad, like non-binary/gender neutral and gender fluid.

I have been surprised lately at the number of articles I've seen about the transgender trend around the world and how many people are "coming out".