Judge says Hillary Clinton's private emails violated policy

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Actually, it'd be a whole lot better if the right wing engaged in serious discussion about honest issues instead of playing partisan outrage.

That's all this is, given that the GWB Admin did much the same thing on a more massive scale, not to mention the damned if you do & damned if you don't aspect of Repub chutzpah-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...48ea56-494e-11e2-ad54-580638ede391_story.html
Do you have evidence that GWB administration created private servers and used them for classified info.

Or you just hoping as a deflection

Or just a straw man argument because the Clinton situation gets muddier and muddier every week. He initial statements have proven false.

A problem is that some of Obama picks seem to be continually attempt to circumvent official government policy with respect to communication/retention of official gov information.

We have two that is known. Apparently, Congress is now being alerted of other administration officials that also are following this flawed concept.

The investigation is being done by the department IGs; which according to the NEW Obama rules, do not have the needed authority to actually investigate wrong doing on their own any more.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
That's all this is, given that the GWB Admin did much the same thing on a more massive scale, not to mention the damned if you do & damned if you don't aspect of Repub chutzpah-

Did each one of them set up their own private server? Was classified information found on the server? Did they send and receive classified information on the private server?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Per Clinton supporters, there is no evidence that what Clinton did is inappropriate. She is not responsible for information that was found; because such information has not been made available to general public review.
Really? Who is supporting that position? Most people seem to agree using personal email was inappropriate. The open question is whether it was illegal.

What the FBI and IG have found does not count; they are partisan and out to get her.:eek:
Whereas I merely suspect you pulled your first paragraph out of your rectum, there is no doubt that's where this second paragraph plopped out. Nobody is saying that. The FBI has not yet concluded Clinton did anything illegal, however, no matter how many times the Fox&Co bloviators screech otherwise.

And because full classified information will not be released to public viewing, they can always defend her is that the information should not be classified.:thumbsdown:

Dancing around the pin head to deny the fact that she did what should not have been done and knew it from day 0.
Yawn. Pardon me while I dump your partisan speculation and innuendo onto the steaming pile with the rest of this smear. We'll let the FBI investigate. They can separate real facts from the Fox&Co BS.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Did each one of them set up their own private server?
The RNC set it up for them. It's ridiculous that you pretend that was somehow better. Both are inappropriate.

Was classified information found on the server? Did they send and receive classified information on the private server?
Who knows? Was their email ever investigated for potentially classified information? Again, you are accepting everything the Bush administration claimed on blind faith, while blindly rejecting everything Clinton claimed.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
The RNC set it up for them. It's ridiculous that you pretend that was somehow better. Both are inappropriate.

If the RNC set it up for the purpose of seperation of RNC/personal vs government, it seems completely appropriate. Is there evidence to the contrary?

Who knows? Was their email ever investigated for potentially classified information? Again, you are accepting everything the Bush administration claimed on blind faith, while blindly rejecting everything Clinton claimed.
No charges were even made by anyone regarding classified info on the RNC at anytime.

Clinton was then one that made claims that are being disproven. And then when atempting to minimize by "doubling" down", she ends up being shown to be stating another falsehood. She is being shown to be ignorant/blind as to what was going on, or considered herself to be above concern.

This was the same attitude that she showed when in Arkansas and the White House previously. Power is most important.

Redponses in bold

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Do you have evidence that GWB administration created private servers and used them for classified info.

Or you just hoping as a deflection

Or just a straw man argument because the Clinton situation gets muddier and muddier every week. He initial statements have proven false.

A problem is that some of Obama picks seem to be continually attempt to circumvent official government policy with respect to communication/retention of official gov information.

We have two that is known. Apparently, Congress is now being alerted of other administration officials that also are following this flawed concept.

The investigation is being done by the department IGs; which according to the NEW Obama rules, do not have the needed authority to actually investigate wrong doing on their own any more.

Exquisite circular logic of denial. The GWB admin had at least 88 individuals using a RNC server. The RNC has retained no records for 51 of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

The notion that so-called "classified material" never went through that server is absurd, particularly when we're talking about classification after the fact for the purposes of the FOIA. We'll never know for sure, of course, given that those records could be deleted by users at the time & have likely been massaged in the meanwhile.

Your backhanded swipe at Lisa Jackson illustrates an extreme double standard, of course, and follows the usual catch 22 doublespeak of the right wing. If 88 high ranking Bush Admin officials can be said to have used RNC servers in an entirely appropriate manner then it's obvious that Jackson must be held to the same standard of trust. Repubs are after her because she did it just the way she was supposed to do within that standard.

If we apply Repub logic to the larger picture, we realize that it's illegal under the Hatch Act to use govt servers for political purposes so political appointees must use private servers for that purpose. Except under current Repub standards as applied to Jackson she shouldn't do that either. They're trying to cut off all non-official email communication for federal employees- well, under a Democratic Admin, anyway. Certainly not under one of their own should they regain the White House. We already see that double standard in your own line of propaganda.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Lol! You should really encapsulate your posts with the [bs] tag. Email service providers do not retain deleted emails forever, doing so would result in massive amounts of data storage being required.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/151128?hl=en
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...n/33c0c2ec-757b-4670-a700-bf3cbeecfb5c?auth=1
Wow, you got me there. Email is not kept forever, so using a public commercial server is EXACTLY like maintaining your own private server.

Moron.

Per Clinton supporters, there is no evidence that what Clinton did is inappropriate. She is not responsible for information that was found; because such information has not been made available to general public review.

What the FBI and IG have found does not count; they are partisan and out to get her.:eek:

And because full classified information will not be released to public viewing, they can always defend her is that the information should not be classified.:thumbsdown:

Dancing around the pin head to deny the fact that she did what should not have been done and knew it from day 0.
Yep, and the beauty of the system is that there can never be evidence of wrongdoing. Find classified information? She's a victim. Everything wiped? That's normal!

:rolleyes:

Of course they are. Things would be so much better if we could silence all the non-leftist viewpoints.
That seems to be a common theme with the left. They have ABC/CBS/CNN/NBC/MSNBC and yet they cannot get over Fox News.

I do understand why of course. Proggie ideas always sound better if no other ideas can be heard.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
That seems to be a common theme with the left. They have ABC/CBS/CNN/NBC/MSNBC and yet they cannot get over Fox News.

I do understand why of course. Proggie ideas always sound better if no other ideas can be heard.
You're lying again.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Exquisite circular logic of denial. The GWB admin had at least 88 individuals using a RNC server. The RNC has retained no records for 51 of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

The notion that so-called "classified material" never went through that server is absurd, particularly when we're talking about classification after the fact for the purposes of the FOIA. We'll never know for sure, of course, given that those records could be deleted by users at the time & have likely been massaged in the meanwhile.

Your backhanded swipe at Lisa Jackson illustrates an extreme double standard, of course, and follows the usual catch 22 doublespeak of the right wing. If 88 high ranking Bush Admin officials can be said to have used RNC servers in an entirely appropriate manner then it's obvious that Jackson must be held to the same standard of trust. Repubs are after her because she did it just the way she was supposed to do within that standard.

If we apply Repub logic to the larger picture, we realize that it's illegal under the Hatch Act to use govt servers for political purposes so political appointees must use private servers for that purpose. Except under current Repub standards as applied to Jackson she shouldn't do that either. They're trying to cut off all non-official email communication for federal employees- well, under a Democratic Admin, anyway. Certainly not under one of their own should they regain the White House. We already see that double standard in your own line of propaganda.
Let us all thank Algore for creating an Internet so strong that even your level of stupidity can't break it.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You got me. Proggie ideas don't actually sound any better if no other ideas can be heard. :D
Weak. I'm not sure when Republican "values" flip-flopped to view shameless dishonesty as a good thing, but you exemplify it. I am not without sympathy, however. I understand that you honestly and intelligently addressing my point about openly biased "news" sources -- on both sides -- is above your shill grade. Best you stick with the script and go with lies and duhversions.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Your refusal to comprehend doesn't mean I'm the stupid one.

Quite the contrary.

Its good thing then that GWB isn't running then, honestly I fail to see who cares what a former administration did in the past, the issue is Hillary people should focus on that, her campaign is pretty much done (thank goodness) time to focus on those who are relevant.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Its good thing then that GWB isn't running then, honestly I fail to see who cares what a former administration did in the past, the issue is Hillary people should focus on that, her campaign is pretty much done (thank goodness) time to focus on those who are relevant.
Her defenders need to grab onto anything to justify/explain/ignore her actions.

She got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. And denies that there were coolies in it, although there are broken pieces in her fist.

They (defenders) want to say that there were others that had a jar, so it is assumed that it was a cookie jar and they were grabbing cookies from it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Just as obviously, Repubs have determined that what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander, at all.

The real issue is that this is a dishonest attack vector invented just for Hillary.

Guess what? Other than for the True Believers who wouldn't vote for her anyway, it'll be gone, water under the bridge, long before the election. So put another little fail boat in the water & watch it float away, just like all the rest.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Her defenders need to grab onto anything to justify/explain/ignore her actions.

She got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. And denies that there were coolies in it, although there are broken pieces in her fist.

They (defenders) want to say that there were others that had a jar, so it is assumed that it was a cookie jar and they were grabbing cookies from it.

Reduced to lame metaphor. How quaint.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Wow, you got me there. Email is not kept forever, so using a public commercial server is EXACTLY like maintaining your own private server.

Moron.

Lol! You stupid bitch! I'm glad you've now completely reversed your claim:

Of course public servers such as Hotmail and Gmail are superior to Clinton's set-up. Clinton retains sole discretion over what is shared, even going so far as to print them out, thus assuring her ability to edit anything she wishes. No such ability can exist with a commercial server, which is inherently subject to subpoena and not filled with people willing to risk prison to maintain Clinton's political viability. No honest person would even attempt to make such a ludicrous argument.

Your bullshit claim was proven to be bullshit and you have the balls to call me a moron?

Go take your meds, you are going off the deep end again.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
"Hillary Clinton on Wednesday reversed course in her handling of questions about her private email server when she was secretary of state.

In recent weeks, she has either dismissed the controversy or joked about it. But on Wednesday she said she had made a mistake.

"My use of personal email was allowed by the State Department. It clearly wasn't the best choice. I should have used two emails -- one personal, one for work -- and I take responsibility for that decision," she said when asked at an Iowa event.

heh.

-John

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
"Hillary Clinton on Wednesday reversed course in her handling of questions about her private email server when she was secretary of state.

In recent weeks, she has either dismissed the controversy or joked about it. But on Wednesday she said she had made a mistake.

"My use of personal email was allowed by the State Department. It clearly wasn't the best choice. I should have used two emails -- one personal, one for work -- and I take responsibility for that decision," she said when asked at an Iowa event.

heh.

-John

Yep, hard to joke about shit when the FBI is on your ass.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
http://www.occupydemocrats.com/stat...vate-emails-were-legal-republicans-are-lying/

State Department: Hillary’s Private Emails Were Legal, Republicans Are Lying

The Republican smear campaign against Hillary Clinton is firmly debunked yet again, this time by John Kirby, spokesperson from the U.S. State Department. While the right-wing has wept and moaned about the “criminal” use of a private email server by Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State, it turns out that there was no prohibition against using a private email.

Rules have been put in place now, following growing evidence of cyber-attacks by Chinese and Russian hackers, but at the time there was nothing wrong with her use during her years in the Obama Administration. It just goes to show how the right will stop at nothing to tear down one of America’s most dedicated public servants, all to distract attention from their own lack of coherent policy proposals and the increasingly fascist tendencies of their presidential front-runner.

The “scandal” began as angry Benghazi conspirators in the Senate realized they couldn’t find any emails linked to Clinton, because they were on a personal server for her own convenience. The muckraking and vitriol being thrown at Hillary Clinton by the Republican Party is most unbecoming of a proud democracy. It is part of the larger baseless and by now very personal attacks on the former First Lady.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ed-clinton-email-had-classified-intel-from-3/

One of the two emails that sparked the FBI probe was an April 2011 email from Clinton confidant Huma Abedin that, Fox News has learned, contained intelligence from the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the National Security Agency (NSA), and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), which oversees aerial imagery, including satellites.

Despite this fact and despite the executive order, the State Department publicly released the email and its intelligence -- which was not theirs to declassify -- onto its website in May as part of the initial release of documents on the 2012 Benghazi attack.

Fox News is told that in late spring, all three agencies confirmed to the intelligence community inspector general that the intelligence was classified when it was sent four years ago by Abedin to Clinton's private account, and remains classified to this day.

Clinton’s campaign and the State Department have maintained that the email was not classified and have framed the issue as a difference of opinion.

So now the State Dept is full of shit, it wasn't their info to declassify in the first place. It belonged to the DIA, NSA, and NGA. Thanks Obama for 2009's Executive Order 13526!
"Information shall be declassified or downgraded by … the official who authorized the original classification ... [or] the originator's current successor," the order says.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Lol! You stupid bitch! I'm glad you've now completely reversed your claim:

Your bullshit claim was proven to be bullshit and you have the balls to call me a moron?

Go take your meds, you are going off the deep end again.
Yes, you are a moron. Subpoena an email account from Hotmail or Google and the server drives will be pulled, tagged and turned over that day, ready for analysis and if necessary forensic recovery. They will NOT be sanitized because people at Hotmail or Google have no vested interest in protecting whomever is being investigated, only in making sure that the proper legal procedures are followed. If you really feel that the FBI cannot recover an email message because Google won't recover it for free if you accidentally deleted it - well, I've already covered that part.

And I didn't completely reverse my claim, I was mocking you.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
http://www.occupydemocrats.com/stat...vate-emails-were-legal-republicans-are-lying/

State Department: Hillary’s Private Emails Were Legal, Republicans Are Lying

The Republican smear campaign against Hillary Clinton is firmly debunked yet again, this time by John Kirby, spokesperson from the U.S. State Department. While the right-wing has wept and moaned about the “criminal” use of a private email server by Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State, it turns out that there was no prohibition against using a private email.

Rules have been put in place now, following growing evidence of cyber-attacks by Chinese and Russian hackers, but at the time there was nothing wrong with her use during her years in the Obama Administration. It just goes to show how the right will stop at nothing to tear down one of America’s most dedicated public servants, all to distract attention from their own lack of coherent policy proposals and the increasingly fascist tendencies of their presidential front-runner.

The “scandal” began as angry Benghazi conspirators in the Senate realized they couldn’t find any emails linked to Clinton, because they were on a personal server for her own convenience. The muckraking and vitriol being thrown at Hillary Clinton by the Republican Party is most unbecoming of a proud democracy. It is part of the larger baseless and by now very personal attacks on the former First Lady.
I hope you're doing two shows on Saturdays, 'cause that's some funny shit.