Judge says Hillary Clinton's private emails violated policy

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
What you continue to ignore is that I have not been defending The SoS. I've said multiple times that what she did ws wrong and is worthy of criticism.

I suppose if you live in a deluded world where every issue is black and white, every appeal to reason and measure in fact a cynical defense of wrongdoing, and every Clinton scandal worthy of the serious attention and press it got/gets, you would see my paragraph above as some bizarre evolution of defense. I'm sorry, I can't help your stupidity. Turn on Fox, that'll make you feel smart.
Just pointing out the evolution. If you are somehow merely repeating it without buying into it, feel free to not feel attacked.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
“The problem with the Clintons is once you begin working with them or acting as their agent you often get caught up in their scandals,” said Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, a watchdog group suing over Mrs. Clinton’s email. “So now Mr. Kendall is stuck having to explain his handling of the classified information Mrs. Clinton gave him.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/24/u...david-kendall-the-clintons-dogged-lawyer.html

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Just pointing out the evolution. If you are somehow merely repeating it without buying into it, feel free to not feel attacked.

People were laughing about Clinton's hapless fax machine episode in March. What evolution are you talking about?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Speaking of wiping servers?
Did anyone bring up wiping servers?

I'd bet when this all comes out in some hearing, we will discover that when ANY government employee ends their service, that it is procedure for all their personal devices to be wiped clean by the department they worked for, if any were used in any way for government business.
And remember, the state dept gave Hillary the ok to use a private server.
She broke no law with doing this.

If Hillary, or any sec of state ends service, it makes perfect logic that any and all servers would be wiped clean by the government agency.
Especially when Hillary was given permission to use her own.
It would not be logical for Hillary to keep her server with any government business still intact.
I would imagine they demand personal servers to be wiped clean, and the government did the process themselves.
I really doubt Hillary Clinton knows the first thing on how to wipe a server.
Of that the US state department wants the general public to know how this process is done, or what it involves.

If you were selling your old laptop, or an old hard drive, wouldn't you wipe it clean before the sale? Would you want some stranger to discover you collected nude photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger?

And all companies sell old equipment to employees or the public after they upgrade to newer equipment. And when they sell an old laptops or desktops, I know for a fact the hard drive is wiped clean. And only the original operating system is re-installed. Or the os CD included in the sale.

It makes total sense for Hillary's server to have been wiped clean after she was no longer sec of state. And makes perfect sense for the US government to have demanded that be done.
And... they no doubt did this themselves.
I'm sure the US government would not rely on Hillary to clean her server.
I mean really... lets get real here.

I would guess the US government does not necessarily want their standard operating procedure to become public knowledge any more than Coca Cola would want the general public to know how they operate behind the scenes.
So for this to be some sinister mystery concerning Hillary and how emails were handled or servers were disinfected is all total bull bunkie.
Media tabloid raging at its best, thats all. Sell those papers. Make those ratings.

The US government is not your typical home pc.
And I have no doubts what so ever Hillary followed all the rules to the tee.
And the US government knew and gave the ok for her private server, and how that procedure was to operate.
Actually, this understanding is above most peoples head.
They can only relate to how their own home devices operate and function.
Think of this more as if Hillary worked in a high position for Coca Cola.
Naturally, Coca Cola would be terribly secretive on what one time employee Hillary Clinton could tell the general public and the media, or the information she could give out.

And the US State Department would naturally be much more picky on exactly what information is told to the general public by Hillary Clinton or any past employee.
So at this point, we all should be able to put our self in Hillary's shoes.
And we too would be really pissed should anyone insinuate we were a crook, or operated in a manner that even suggested going outside of the law.
So, we can see why Hillary tells the press and the media to piss-off, in her own way.
Because you would too !!!!

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't know who's the most affected and/or disturbed by this, yourself or Moonbeam.

Methinks both of them either need some meds or need the dosage increased significantly. That, or they're just at the point where meds can't fix the level of cray cray. :D

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
John Deutch did the same thing Hillary did.

He was charged and had to plea. So there.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Speaking of wiping servers?
Did anyone bring up wiping servers?

I'd bet when this all comes out in some hearing, we will discover that when ANY government employee ends their service, that it is procedure for all their personal devices to be wiped clean by the department they worked for, if any were used in any way for government business.
And remember, the state dept gave Hillary the ok to use a private server.
She broke no law with doing this.

If Hillary, or any sec of state ends service, it makes perfect logic that any and all servers would be wiped clean by the government agency.
Especially when Hillary was given permission to use her own.
It would not be logical for Hillary to keep her server with any government business still intact.
I would imagine they demand personal servers to be wiped clean, and the government did the process themselves.
I really doubt Hillary Clinton knows the first thing on how to wipe a server.
Of that the US state department wants the general public to know how this process is done, or what it involves.

If you were selling your old laptop, or an old hard drive, wouldn't you wipe it clean before the sale? Would you want some stranger to discover you collected nude photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger?

And all companies sell old equipment to employees or the public after they upgrade to newer equipment. And when they sell an old laptops or desktops, I know for a fact the hard drive is wiped clean. And only the original operating system is re-installed. Or the os CD included in the sale.

It makes total sense for Hillary's server to have been wiped clean after she was no longer sec of state. And makes perfect sense for the US government to have demanded that be done.
And... they no doubt did this themselves.
I'm sure the US government would not rely on Hillary to clean her server.
I mean really... lets get real here.

I would guess the US government does not necessarily want their standard operating procedure to become public knowledge any more than Coca Cola would want the general public to know how they operate behind the scenes.
So for this to be some sinister mystery concerning Hillary and how emails were handled or servers were disinfected is all total bull bunkie.
Media tabloid raging at its best, thats all. Sell those papers. Make those ratings.

The US government is not your typical home pc.
And I have no doubts what so ever Hillary followed all the rules to the tee.
And the US government knew and gave the ok for her private server, and how that procedure was to operate.
Actually, this understanding is above most peoples head.
They can only relate to how their own home devices operate and function.
Think of this more as if Hillary worked in a high position for Coca Cola.
Naturally, Coca Cola would be terribly secretive on what one time employee Hillary Clinton could tell the general public and the media, or the information she could give out.

And the US State Department would naturally be much more picky on exactly what information is told to the general public by Hillary Clinton or any past employee.
So at this point, we all should be able to put our self in Hillary's shoes.
And we too would be really pissed should anyone insinuate we were a crook, or operated in a manner that even suggested going outside of the law.
So, we can see why Hillary tells the press and the media to piss-off, in her own way.
Because you would too !!!!
Yeah, no.

She exercised her power as Clinton's wife, and established her own server, contrary to everything Government said was right.

As it turns out, she sent classified messages through this server everyone said she shouldn't have.

She's a big wide mess, and has been for a long time, and it's easy to see how her lack of leadership/principles resulted in the tragedy at Benghazi.

-John

Nov 25, 2013
Yeah, no.

She exercised her power as Clinton's wife, and established her own server, contrary to everything Government said was right.

As it turns out, she sent classified messages through this server everyone said she shouldn't have.

She's a big wide mess, and has been for a long time, and it's easy to see how her lack of leadership/principles resulted in the tragedy at Benghazi.

-John

Don't forget, she had Vince Foster murdered.

Feb 19, 2001

While what you say makes sense, from a practical standpoint the government policy about using private email to begin with doesn't even make sense. No Fortune 500 company would be happy at all if you were sending emails from your Gmail to conduct company business--much less stuff discuss things that are covered under NDA/CDA.

So no, given that she was allowed to manage her own data security, which is just a ridiculous idea to begin with, what makes you think all of a sudden she followed every single standard practices that are typically used to handle classified data?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Pretty obvious she managed her email, illegally, and stood carelessly by as people were killed in Benghazi.

This is what happens when you have unbridled ambition, and are married to a former President of the United States.

-John

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
“we wouldn’t be here today if the republican party wasn't obsessed with the Clintons and hadn't persued every available avenue to keep them ensconced in scandal since the whitewater investigation."

Right. It's not them it's everybody but their fault.

What a joke.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
No he was not charged. He was going to plead guilty to a misdemeanor but clinton pardoned him making any possible charges pointless.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20010124/aponline163741_000.htm

http://fas.org/irp/cia/product/ig_deutch.html
But Justice officials said the department did not file a criminal information in court against Deutch on that day – last Friday. An information is used to file charges almost exclusively in cases where defendants have reached a plea bargain with prosecutors and thus have waived their right to have a grand jury consider the charges and agreed to have them filed directly with the court in a criminal information.

Federal officials said last Friday that Deutch was near a plea bargain with prosecutors in which he would plead guilty to a misdemeanor but not be sentenced to any time in prison for keeping secrets on his unsecured home computers, which were linked to the Internet.

A federal law enforcement official, requesting anonymity, said Wednesday that Deutch signed the agreement Friday but too late to file it in court that day. The next time it could have been filed was Monday but in the meantime, Clinton issued the pardon Saturday.

Justice officials have declined to release the information or any plea bargain documents and say there is no reason to file them in court now the Deutch has been pardoned for the offense.

The timing illustrates the hasty nature of some of Clinton's last-minute pardons, but has little or no practical effect on Deutch because even if the charges had been filed and his plea taken earlier, he would still have avoided incarceration and gotten a presidential pardon.

Get the pardon in advance to keep your name cleared; perfect planning

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Just like George W. Bush did. And Condi Rice did.

Condi set up her own private server? Linky?

Bush set up his own private server? Linky?

Did either of them then destroy all the emails after a judge instructed them to retain them?

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Condi set up her own private server? Linky?

Bush set up his own private server? Linky?

Did either of them then destroy all the emails after a judge instructed them to retain them?

Details, details.

It is OK when the left spout complaints about "mud slinging" but not for the right

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Informative article on this.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-schindler-emailgate-20150825-story.html
But it gets worse. Because top secret information travels on entirely separate systems throughout the federal government, it is virtually impossible that a Clinton staffer blithely or unknowingly pasted a top secret paragraph into an unclassified email.

On the contrary, it seems increasingly likely that Clinton's staff was engaged in a systematic effort to take details off classified IT systems and strip them of proper classification markings (every paragraph in an intelligence report is classified separately) before sending them out electronically. This was not only a violation of numerous federal regulations, but also a crime — a felony when it involves top secret information.

Many difficult questions now present themselves, and presumably the FBI is asking them. Did Clinton staffers in the State Department violate federal laws systematically and independently? If not, who told them to do this?
Most worrying is the fact that, for several months, Clinton's personal server was wholly unencrypted. Given the high value of any secretary of State — the world's top diplomat — to dozens of foreign intelligence agencies worldwide, it's a safe bet that Russian and Chinese spies were reading her correspondence.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry recently acknowledged that he assumes those countries are reading his unclassified emails. And only a decade ago, Russian intelligence got caught planting a bug in State Department headquarters, just down the hall from the secretary's office. Moscow and Beijing may know more about Clinton's activities at Foggy Bottom than Congress ever will.

This scandal isn't going away anytime soon. Investigators have examined only one-fifth of the emails that Clinton handed over to them, so the true number of her “unclassified” emails that were actually classified may be in the thousands. Although it's premature to discuss prosecutions, Clinton's staff may well have engaged in conduct that lands less exalted citizens in prison.

This is a step away from treason. Making unencrypted classified info public for any country to intercept. This woman and/or the staffers who cut and pasted the info should be in federal prison. What a clusterfuck this is.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
So..... not upset about Benghazi anymore? You guys are soooo...... transparent.

The author of that article got busted sending dick pics to a woman that happened to not be the same person as his wife. He's an ex NSA spook and a big Snowden critic.

But yeah, if anyone knows about the perils of sensative information falling into the wrong hands, it's him.