Judge says Hillary Clinton's private emails violated policy

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/u...n-didnt-follow-government-email-policies.html

At a hearing for a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the State Department, the judge, Emmet G. Sullivan of Federal District Court for the District of Columbia, said that “we wouldn’t be here today if the employee had followed government policy.”

Judge Sullivan also opened the door for the F.B.I., which is investigating whether there was classified information on Mrs. Clinton’s account, to expand its inquiry to pursue emails that she may have deleted.
The judge ordered the State Department to ask the F.B.I. to give it any emails recovered from Mrs. Clinton’s private server that were not already in the State Department’s possession or that may be related to the lawsuit.

"Can you send me that Top Secret memo from your hotmail account?" Said noone in the DOD ever. Actually, even hotmail may be safer than the domain she used that was hacked before.

I can't do email correctly but please vote me president.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
“we wouldn’t be here today if the republican party wasn't obsessed with the Clintons and hadn't persued every available avenue to keep them ensconced in scandal since the whitewater investigation."

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
“we wouldn’t be here today if the republican party wasn't obsessed with the Clintons and hadn't persued every available avenue to keep them ensconced in the Scandal since the whitewater investigation."

This comes off as sour grapes. If Clinton wasnt such a shitbag. The Republicans could persue until the end of time and not find anything. The problem isn't the Republicans as it is Clinton.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/u...n-didnt-follow-government-email-policies.html

"Can you send me that Top Secret memo from your hotmail account?" Said noone in the DOD ever. Actually, even hotmail may be safer than the domain she used that was hacked before.

I can't do email correctly but please vote me president.
"top secret memo," aka: linking a news article discussing the Pakistan drone program, which is officially classified even though widely known by 99% of the world.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
“we wouldn’t be here today if the republican party wasn't obsessed with the Clintons and hadn't persued every available avenue to keep them ensconced in scandal since the whitewater investigation."

Deflection skills 2/10, padawan

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
"top secret memo," aka: linking a news article discussing the Pakistan drone program, which is officially classified even though widely known by 99% of the world.

Nice try, but nobody knows (and never will) what the emails contained except the FBI.
The only glimpse we have is from the hacker Guccifer in 2013:
One of the messages contained what Blumenthal described as information from “sources with direct access to the Libyan National Transitional Council, as well as the highest levels of European Governments, and Western Intelligence and security services.” The email also detailed what Blumenthal said his sources told him were recruitment efforts by the CIA and the British intelligence services.

She put our sources at risk. That is serious shit.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This comes off as sour grapes. If Clinton wasnt such a shitbag. The Republicans could persue until the end of time and not find anything. The problem isn't the Republicans as it is Clinton.

You create what you fear.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nice try, but nobody knows (and never will) what the emails contained except the FBI.
The only glimpse we have is from the hacker Guccifer in 2013:

She put our sources at risk. That is serious shit.

Every time you wake up you put the rest of us at risk.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
“We wouldn’t be here today if the employee had followed government policy.”

That is the entire story right now, and that's enough to trigger an investigation.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
There are several different angles to this whole email server story. Before it's all said and done, I suspect the henchmen around hildabeast are going to come under tremendous scrutiny.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Really? So you think if you dug through hundreds of thousands of emails for any cabinet memeber or top level official, you would find 'nothing'? You would not find any inadvertant classified data leakages, you would not find any policy violoations? Is that what you're telling me?

See this for what it is.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Really? So you think if you dug through hundreds of thousands of emails for any cabinet memeber or top level official, you would find 'nothing'? You would not find any inadvertant classified data leakages, you would not find any policy violoations? Is that what you're telling me?

See this for what it is.

I see this for what it is. A political witch hunt of a witch who thinks she is above us all. I dont have any sympathy for shitbags within govt that run on the fringe of the law or policy and then get run over the coals because of it.

If she didn't run a personal server and then decide what to release. The Republicans wouldnt have anything to uncover or persue. She made her bed, now she gets to lie in it.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
The other aspect that should most concern people is FOIA ( freedom of information act). Her using a private email server as she did denies The People their right under law to request and obtain that information...

It was intentionally done for a reason. That is what people should care about - is her intentions. Don't give a shit about the emails themselves.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012

See this for what it is.

I am sure that there are slip ups everywhere.

However to publicly announce that there were no slip ups and you did nothing wrong by ignoring standard procedures ...

Evidence is still coming out that this was not the case and her tap dancing just continues to feed the issue.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yep, a great right wing conspiracy caused her to set up her own server rather than use the state department's email and Blackberry service.

The email sever and classified documents were revealed by the obsessive and overbearing Benghazi investigation.
One did, in fact, lead directly to the other.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Nice try, but nobody knows (and never will) what the emails contained except the FBI. ...
Not so: http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-top-secret-clinton-emails-drone-talk-071308584--election.html#
WASHINGTON (AP) — Neither of the two emails sent to Hillary Rodham Clinton now labeled by intelligence agencies as "top secret" contained information that would jump out to experts as particularly sensitive, according to several government officials.
[ ... ]
The two emails got those markings after consultations with the CIA and other agencies where the material originated, officials said. Some officials said they believed the designations were a stretch — a knee-jerk move in a bureaucracy rife with over-classification.
[ ... ]
Clinton didn't transmit the sensitive information herself, they said, and nothing in the emails she received makes direct reference to communications intercepts, confidential intelligence methods or any other form of sensitive sourcing.

The drone exchange, the officials said, begins with a copy of a news article about the CIA drone program that targets terrorists in Pakistan and elsewhere. While that program is technically top secret, it is well-known and often reported on. Former CIA director Leon Panetta and Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, have openly discussed it.
[ ... ]
But a second email reviewed by Charles McCullough, the intelligence community inspector general, appears more problematic, officials said. Nothing in the message is "lifted" from classified documents, they said, though they differed on where the information in it was sourced. Some said it improperly points back to highly classified material, while others countered that it was a classic case of what the government calls "parallel reporting" — receiving information the government considers secret through "open source" channels. ...
Based on examples like these, the Clinton email "scandal" sounds a lot like every other dishonest RNC smear, where bits and pieces are pulled out of context, mixed with a whole lot of supposition and innuendo, and fed to the GOP faithful, eager to guzzle their daily outrage feed. On the other hand, we don't know all the facts yet. This is why intelligent, rational people are content to let the FBI investigation run its course. If Clinton broke the law, she should be prosecuted appropriately. Unlike the usual rubes, however, I'm not going to convict her based on highly biased propaganda.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Not so: http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-top-secret-clinton-emails-drone-talk-071308584--election.html#
Based on examples like these, the Clinton email "scandal" sounds a lot like every other dishonest RNC smear, where bits and pieces are pulled out of context, mixed with a whole lot of supposition and innuendo, and fed to the GOP faithful, eager to guzzle their daily outrage feed. On the other hand, we don't know all the facts yet. This is why intelligent, rational people are content to let the FBI investigation run its course. If Clinton broke the law, she should be prosecuted appropriately. Unlike the usual rubes, however, I'm not going to convict her based on highly biased propaganda.

And a judge just disagreed with you. A lot has happened since August 14th.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm not going to convict her based on highly biased propaganda.

Which propaganda would that be? Her using her own server to handle both personal and government emails? Her using a server that was sitting in the bathroom of an unsecured apartment? The fact that classified information was sitting on the server and apparently (based on the Reuters news item just reported) sent and received? You mean all that evil propaganda?