Jan06- Will Pence do the Right Thing and Formalize Biden's Win?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Pence has released a letter that says he believes he does not have the authority to set aside any votes so that answers that.

Yep. This thing is all about Trump's base, so when they run for POTUS in a few years they will have the backing of his base. And Trump. But, if Trump decides to run again then all bets are off. That's if he's even capable. He will be near 80 by then.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
OH MAH GAWWWD! (In wrestling voice) it's a crowd of people moving towards a building!

QUICK! CALL IT A COOP! ITS A COOP! ITS VIOLENT OMGOMGOMG (/frothing mouth)

I'm glad I'm not there making the call on what to do that's for sure ... remember making light of this if people die.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yep. This thing is all about Trump's base, so when they run for POTUS in a few years they will have the backing of his base. And Trump. But, if Trump decides to run again then all bets are off. That's if he's even capable. He will be near 80 by then.

What we are seeing in the entire Republican party right now is a time of reckoning. I am talking about Republicans in Congress. There are truly some crazies. They are mostly, if not exclusively, in the House, those that may believe this whole charade, after all there are even a couple QAnon members there - but by and large I think the majority of Republicans in the House and Senate know this is all just a big show by Trump over his now brainwashed and completely feeble-minded ignorant or corrupt cult. It's all pure political calculating - what gives me the best shot at retaining power in my district going forward, or potentially acquiring more power down the road, whether it be presidential ambitions, moving up the ladder from Rep to Senator, or perhaps if they think Trump can run and win again in 2024 they might get a nice appointment - they are calculating all these things vs their actual ethical and moral standards of having any actual dedication to law & order and democracy. So far we have over half the Republicans in the House and at minimum a dozen in the Senate that decided going along with the crazy is their best shot/risk/reward at retaining and gaining more power.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 8, 2012
So what would you say if this was "antifa" or BLM? You'd be cool with it? STFU.

How about throwing bottles of piss and hurling giant rocks/bricks at police officials. Have you seen that yet?

Thus far in your videos posted I've seen Trumpanzees getting pepper sprayed for getting too close. Thats it.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 8, 2012
"Hitler was right" says a GOP congresswoman.

"Hitler was right on one thing. Whoever has the youth has the future".

You can't even hear the remaining of the statement that will likely give the full context but you sure will take a statement, snip it to your liking, and then coddle it and proclaim it as the truth no matter how wrong it is. Pathetic and sad - yet not surprising from small-minded individuals.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
"Hitler is right on one thing. Whoever has the youth has the future".

You can't even hear the remaining of the statement, but you sure will take a statement, snip it to your liking, and then coddle it and proclaim it as the truth no matter how wrong it is. Pathetic and sad.
Thank you for defending a seditious fascist quoting a Nazi, seditious fascist.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

You can't even hear the remaining of the statement that will likely give the full context but you sure will take a statement, snip it to your liking, and then coddle it and proclaim it as the truth no matter how wrong it is. Pathetic and sad - yet not surprising from small-minded individuals.

Yes. But why even bring Hitler into your speech at all? Hitler was an animal lover as well. Does that make him a good guy?

I don't think it was wise to talk about Hitler at all.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

YOu just don't fucking quote Hitler when there are plenty of ways to say we need to resonate with the youth. It shows a total lack of judgement or character. Of course you'd defend it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

When you have to quote Hitler in a flattering manner to bolster your position, you've already lost.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
White privilege at work again.

For what it's worth, the local police used riot gear and tear gas on the (vat majority) white people in my neighborhood multiple times during recent marches and demonstrations this past summer.

Nov 8, 2012
Yes. But why even bring Hitler into your speech at all? Hitler was an animal lover as well. Does that make him a good guy?

I don't think it was wise to talk about Hitler at all.

"Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it"..

Was it wise? Probably not - but I also don't really care because in all likelihood it's being taken out of context. Would like to see a full paragraph quotation of what was talked about.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Do they get 2 hours PER objection? So we're going to face this for multiple states?

edit: never mind, I found the answer as soon as I hit "save"

Each recognized objection gets two hours of debate time in each congressional chamber, but this year that duration may be considerably longer due to COVID-19 restrictions.