Jan06- Will Pence do the Right Thing and Formalize Biden's Win?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Should have impeached Trump while they had the chance. Screw them. Some Republicans want far worse than merely contesting the EC. The alt-reality bubble wants a military coup to counter "your election fraud" coup.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Of course he should. And if Trump gives him any lip about it, he can forget about getting a pardon from him when he resigns. But Trump is a moron and might take the chance that pardoning himself will be held up in court over the certainty of a Pence pardon being upheld. So who knows.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Unless something weird happened in Georgia like the Dems actually winning the runoff, something I don't expect, then Pence will follow the law and bless Biden's victory. If the Dems take the Senate, who knows what Pence and the rest of the Republicans will do?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I do NOT feel sorry for Pence. He knew who he was aligning himself with when he agreed to be Trump's running mate.

Now the chickens are coming home to roost. Suck it up you fucking traitor, you defended that bastard vs. honoring the oath of office you took 4 years ago... Fuck you! Then there is your hypocritical uber religions bullshit. Won't even meet with a woman alone, even within the official capacity of your office, yet you pander to the misogynistic rapist Trump? Fuck you again.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
if the Trumpers thought they had the military, I believe they'd already have a plan with Pence for shenanigans. Seems like the Army has signaled they do not, so doesn't look like anything but theater will happen that day.

Reactions: Leeea

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Pence has no choice but to certify the electoral votes for Biden. Anything else is just crazy talk.
After the last 4 years why would you consider anything from Washington to be crazy talk? Jan 6 is going to be a shit show.

Nov 17, 2019
Unless something weird happened in Georgia like the Dems actually winning the runoff, something I don't expect, then Pence will follow the law and bless Biden's victory. If the Dems take the Senate, who knows what Pence and the rest of the Republicans will do?

Yeah, well, ya'know ....

"Officials in Georgia are preparing the possibility that close vote tallies and legal challenges could keep the winners from being declared for days or weeks in the state's two U.S. Senate runoffs, set for Jan."

Reactions: Leeea

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
After the last 4 years why would you consider anything from Washington to be crazy talk? Jan 6 is going to be a shit show.
It will be fine. Let's not buy into the craziness the GOP base is trying to freebase right now.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Pence could opt out like Humphrey did in 1969 & leave it to Grassley to do the deed, adding more pointless drama. At 89, Grassley is likely eyeing retirement rather that re-election in 2022, so Trump can kiss his ass, anyway. The outcome won't change.

Reactions: pmv

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Pence could opt out like Humphrey did in 1969 & leave it to Grassley to do the deed, adding more pointless drama. At 89, Grassley is likely eyeing retirement rather that re-election in 2022, so Trump can kiss his ass, anyway. The outcome won't change.
If Pence can opt out he will. Him and Ted Cruz the 2 biggest suck asses in DC

Reactions: BUTCH1

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I can't believe that Grassley survived Covid. I guess if you can get a $100K treatment you can survive it at almost any age. I guess we couldn't afford to keep over 300,000 people alive.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It won't be much unless some GOP Senator is fool enough to cross McConnell. Even then it would just be posturing to the base. If Trump pocket vetoes the relief bill on the 2nd it would mean he already turned on the GOP & blames them for his loss. It's looking like two weeks of scorched earth after the Sixth, anyway. Hell has no fury like a narcissist scorned.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It won't be much unless some GOP Senator is fool enough to cross McConnell. Even then it would just be posturing to the base. If Trump pocket vetoes the relief bill on the 2nd it would mean he already turned on the GOP & blames them for his loss. It's looking like two weeks of scorched earth after the Sixth, anyway. Hell has no fury like a narcissist scorned.

There is a very solid chance that one or more Trump party senators will go that way.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
If he does Trump will call him a loser and claim he never even knew the guy.

He'll opt out.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Pence has no choice but to certify the electoral votes for Biden. Anything else is just crazy talk.

Do you know what is crazy, when it comes to the alt-reality bubble? Their logic is devoid of reality.
Some Bush-era Republicans occasionally call it out, but they haven't made enough of a fuss about it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The last ditch efforts, the loopholes, the dirty tricks, the wishful thinking is now all over for Donald Trump. Some last minute off the cuff effort involving Mike Pence will go nowhere. Mike Pence will end up as just another name on the list those who Trump ridicule and lambast. It's all over Donald Trump. No more magic tricks, no more rabbits in the hat, no more witches or warlock magic potions, no Putin cyber hacks to count on. No Donald, your time has ran out. But on the plus side.... this doesn't mean you still can't "pretend" to be the president. Take your mini Whitehouse presidential desk, clear out a room at Mar-A-Lago, set up your little oval office and there you are. You can make-believe president for as long as you wish but better yet, make-believe you are not president but the well loved dictator. Then you can be dictator, in your room, at your Mar-A-Lago, confinement for years to come. That is.... until one of your power hungry sons or son-in-laws shoot you in the head to assume your power. Definitely the down side of dictatorship.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Sure he'll get hate tweets but Pence is the one in control. Trumpity Dumpity can't fire him. Pence could 25A him.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I was reading an article the other day that pence actually doesn't have the power to block the certification. Law reads it as his job is a formality of counting and not one of discerning.

“There’s not much [Pence] can do,” former Senate historian Donald A. Ritchie told the New York Times last week. “His job is really just to read them out aloud.”

Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Pence's predicament is just the wider Republican Party's in microcosm, no?

Unless someone has a good argument to the contrary (and I have a vague sense that such an argument might exist), I can't help but feel the more damage Trump does to the Republican party the better.

Nov 17, 2019
I'm not sure there's that much damage. I know peopole who have gone to the dark side for no apparently responsible reason. The Cult mentality is strong among those of weak minds.