It's over! 2016 Election Night Results Thread!

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
OK I agree and I have asked this question a few time and no one seems to have an answer. I ask again.

If what you say is the truth and Americans wanted change and had "enough of this shit", then why did they at the same polls vote back in nearly all the establishment incumbents assuring the course will stay exactly the same as it always has? Trump is going to change them? I think that is just a bit naive...

I did reply to another poster with similar question to yours last night (or was it this morning?).

People hate Congress but (generally) like their Member of Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ut-most-incumbents-get-re-elected-what-gives/

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Looking back, lame move by hillary leaving her supporters hanging. Show up. Don't send out smeagol and make a fool of them.

That was the biggie for me. She didn't even have the class to thank her supporters and all the people that worked for her. Proves she had no interest at all in the people of this country, just political ambition.

Reactions: Zaap

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
That was the biggie for me. She didn't even have the class to thank her supporters and all the people that worked for her. Proves she had no interest at all in the people of this country, just political ambition.

That one Podesta email which went something like "Yeah I can see why HRC can't stand the common man anymore" tells it all.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
That one Podesta email which went something like "Yeah I can see why HRC can't stand the common man anymore" tells it all.

This again? It was obvious that she was referring to the phrase "common man." OMG, a discussion about what wording she should use!

By the way, she extensively thanked her supporters and everyone who worked for and with her in her concession speech.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
OK I agree and I have asked this question a few time and no one seems to have an answer. I ask again.

If what you say is the truth and Americans wanted change and had "enough of this shit", then why did they at the same polls vote back in nearly all the establishment incumbents assuring the course will stay exactly the same as it always has? Trump is going to change them? I think that is just a bit naive...
That's a really good question and conundrum.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
"Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead," said Clinton

I wonder how many of HRC's supporters will follow this (especially on this forum)?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
"Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead," said Clinton

I wonder how many of HRC's supporters will follow this (especially on this forum)?
He deserves the same respect he gave to President Obama.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
This again? It was obvious that she was referring to the phrase "common man." OMG, a discussion about what wording she should use!

By the way, she extensively thanked her supporters and everyone who worked for and with her in her concession speech.

My bad, I had read the email once and didn't look particularly close at the context (but the phrase wasn't quoted in any way which made it easy to misinterpret).

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm in, not excited but I'm in.

Yeah, but some of the names being floated for cabinet positions are troubling. Gingrich or Bolton for SOS, Palin (interior) and Carson (hhs or education)?

Giuliani for attorney general is not a shocker and probably ok, it will be interesting to see how he deals with the pot legalization issue though.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
He deserved the same respect he gave to President Obama.
You should take the advice of the FLOTUS and when they go low, you go high. Raise the bar, don't limbo under it like
tumblr_m9rk3alVIg1r6k2zao1_500.gif

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, but some of the names being floated for cabinet positions are troubling. Gingrich or Bolton for SOS, Palin (interior) and Carson (hhs or education)?

Giuliani for attorney general is not a shocker and probably ok, it will be interesting to see how he deals with the drug legalization issue though.
I can see it now. The clown car cabinet.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

Giuliani for attorney general is not a shocker and probably ok, it will be interesting to see how he deals with the pot legalization issue though.

Palin, or Carson are idiots that I wish would stop trying to hold any political office. Palin was THE REASON I voted democrat against McCain in that election. Enough said. Carson is just about as big of an idiot as she is when it comes to anything outside his narrow scope of medicine.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Just heard this. The last time the republicans controlled everything was 1928 right before the great depression.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Imagine reluctantly voting for clinton, only to see her lose anyway. That must feel really awful.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Just heard this. The last time the republicans controlled everything was 1928 right before the great depression.

You heard wrong. The last time was 2003 - 2007.

The last time Democrats controlled "everything" (all three branches of Govt ) was 2009 - 2011.

Last edited: