It's over! 2016 Election Night Results Thread!

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This world is crazy. I think this election proves that the media was trying to brainwash people and also that the voters refused to listen to their liberal propaganad. In fact I dont know what is worse watching Liberal slant media coverage where black lives matter people are lecturing all the horrible white people, or listening to the diatribe from the East and West coast yuppies on FOXNEWS. The Media is such a tool for the established Progressives currently in office.

I may have voted for Trump, but in the communist country of Illinois it is like a waste of time. It might have made me feel good at the time, but that feeling was short lived. Illinois is constantly over-taxing and under-funding till all the jobs have run fleeing this sick government oppression.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Stock market up, bitches!

Atleast that.

We are going to have 50 more years of a conservative Supreme Court. That's horrible for real progress. Gays and women are going to lose a lot.

Trump is going to increase our debt by an alarming amount. Hopefully at some point we will figure out how to fix the damage.

The dems lost because they pushed Bernie out.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
And all these poor working class people are going to be in for a rude awakening when trump can't deliver on 10% of what he promised.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Atleast that.

We are going to have 50 more years of a conservative Supreme Court. That's horrible for real progress. Gays and women are going to lose a lot.

Trump is going to increase our debt by an alarming amount. Hopefully at some point we will figure out how to fix the damage.

Your real progress is a joke. It means safe spaces and emotions over reason and knowledge. Good riddance.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
And all these poor working class people are going to be in for a rude awakening when trump can't deliver on 10% of what he promised.

I'm pretty sure most voters who voted Trump have low expectations. They voted him in not because he was a good candidate or will be a great President. They voted him in as a loud message of 'Enough of this shit.'

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Your real progress is a joke. It means safe spaces and emotions over reason and knowledge. Good riddance.

It also means minority groups have the same rights as majority groups. But that's not important. Good thing I'm a white male who makes 6 figures a year. I can join the I gots mines crowd and not have to worry about real people.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm pretty sure most voters who voted Trump have low expectations. They voted him in not because he was a good candidate or will be a great President. They voted him in as a loud message of 'Enough of this shit.'

He can add trillions in debt to our budget. But whatever. Poor blue collar whites will never get paid 50k a year to pound metal into a shape. In 4 years the rust belt will be just as poor.

Reactions: soundforbjt

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
He can add trillions in debt to our budget. But whatever. Poor blue collar whites will never get paid 50k a year to pound metal into a shape. In 4 years the rust belt will be just as poor.

And those are the exact people that came out for him.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
cant believe these states flipped sides to Trump:
iowa
Wisconsin
ohio
penn
fla

I think Wisconsin and Penn have voted Democrat since the 1980s. :eek:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Stock market up, bitches!
I want to congratulate you. You have been the fly in the ointment here from the get go. You have held steadfast to your convictions and endured constant criticism and derision. And as of this time, you appear far more vindicated than those who opposed you so vigorously. At least from my perspective.

I would have suggested being magnanimous in victory. However, given some here planned to roast you hard when/if Trump lost, I think you have every reason and right to rub their noses in it a bit.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
cant believe these states flipped sides to Trump:
iowa
Wisconsin
ohio
penn
fla

I think Wisconsin and Penn have voted Democrat since the 1980s. :eek:
Wisconsin didn't surprise me. It has been sliding to the right for a generation. The unions lost clout and de-industrialization ensued.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
They voted him in as a loud message of 'Enough of this shit.'

They voted in a billionaire who lives in a place that looks like a palace, and flies around in his own private literally gold plated jet, laughs over his ability to con people out of their money, and refuses to pay people for their work. They did this because they believe that he will change the very the system that has kept him rich and allowed him to live an unimaginably privileged life.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Wisconsin didn't surprise me. It has been sliding to the right for a generation. The unions lost clout and de-industrialization ensued.

What really surprised me was Pennsylvania, that enough of the rural ex-coalminers and ex-steelworkers came out strong enough to overpower the hardcore democrats in the eastern, urban areas of the state.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

And how much is the debt now? (19.8 Trillion and counting) How much was it 8 years ago? (10.6 Trillion)

What good for the goose is good for the gander, right? Hope and Change, a lot of changes, indeed.

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

OK I agree and I have asked this question a few time and no one seems to have an answer. I ask again.

If what you say is the truth and Americans wanted change and had "enough of this shit", then why did they at the same polls vote back in nearly all the establishment incumbents assuring the course will stay exactly the same as it always has? Trump is going to change them? I think that is just a bit naive...

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Atleast that.

And yet some will find a way to shift the blame from DWS and the DNC to Bernie for running....

And those are the exact people that came out for him.

some of those blue collar workers would also have chose Bernie over Trump... instead we gave them someone who is linked inextricably to the trade deals they hate with good reason.