It's over! 2016 Election Night Results Thread!

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Same here, kind of enjoying watching all the Hillary supporters throw tantrums like petulant 3 year olds not getting their way.

I'm actually getting a lot of nastiness from the Trump folks on my feed being sore winners as well. None of my friends seem to be handling this well. :p

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
I was wrong. I admit it. I hope that President Trump (barf) is nothing like candidate Trump.

Having said that, I am taking a small bit of joy this morning in the immediate buyers remorse from Trump voters "What happened to my 401k???". Well, get used to it. It's going to be a long 4 years.

The good thing about our government system is that it would be impossible for President Trump to be like candidate Trump. Just too many checks and balances are in place.

And look on the bright side that is there with Trump winning instead of Hillary. If Trump continues to act like a buffoon and does indeed cause a major blunder on the world stage, it is MUCH easier to impeach him than it would be if more shady crap surfaced with Hillary. Politically, both sides really disliked Trump and kicking him out of office would be easy.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well, I've had a bad feeling about this election since, well, since the Democratic party made it inevitable that Hillary Clinton was going to be the nominee for this election. No, no conspiracies, just blind Hillary love in the party and we have to get the first woman president notch out of the way mentality. There's a saying "Why can't we sell more dog food" because the dogs won't eat it. I was relieved the first time her name came up in the 2008 campaign that Obama won out in the primaries. Thank god no endless Clinton conspiracy memes. Well, it came back to haunt party when the inevitable had to happen as noted above.
First hints of problems at least out here (this state still voted for Hillary) was a dramatic increase in registrations. That told me something was up.
What the hell happened with the polling is what I want to know.

Jul 9, 2009
This is a time when Americans need to come together and support our Republic and our way o
Okay, now that Trump is to become POTUS, I fully expect (ya demand) that those leftests Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Amy Schumer & the like keep their promise to leave the country.

Ya, right... they're still here because they are gutless leftest garbage.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/08...-trump-wins-election-miley-cyrus-amy-schumer/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21382...tume-hillary-clinton-rally-like-nazi-uniform/

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/11/20/miley-cyrus-penis-boobs-concert-tour-looks-pics/
This list deserves it's own thread. Maybe we can add the names of some forum members that promised to leave and give them a few bucks to start packing.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I was wrong. I admit it. I hope that President Trump (barf) is nothing like candidate Trump.

Having said that, I am taking a small bit of joy this morning in the immediate buyers remorse from Trump voters "What happened to my 401k???". Well, get used to it. It's going to be a long 4 years.
Hey, how ya doing buddy.

Got anything to say for yourself?

Where are your buddies jhnn and eski?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The good thing about our government system is that it would be impossible for President Trump to be like candidate Trump. Just too many checks and balances are in place.

The Alt.Right now has control of all three branches of the government. There are no more checks and balances. Once they get a few SCOTUS appointments in they have a rubber stamp for anything at all without even having to worry about constitutionality.

Reactions: ivwshane

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
The Alt.Right now has control of all three branches of the government. There are no more checks and balances. Once they get a few SCOTUS appointments in they have a rubber stamp for anything at all without even having to worry about constitutionality.

I don't think the picture is exactly as you paint it. You forget that the Republicans hated Trump and tried anything to get him to lose. They even try to push for Ted Cruz, which would have been an even worse nightmare. I get the feeling the Republican party are still on their toes with a Trump presidency. He may have run on their ticket but he was even willing to go Independent if needed, he isn't their puppet.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

And look on the bright side that is there with Trump winning instead of Hillary. If Trump continues to act like a buffoon and does indeed cause a major blunder on the world stage, it is MUCH easier to impeach him than it would be if more shady crap surfaced with Hillary. Politically, both sides really disliked Trump and kicking him out of office would be easy.
But then you're left with Pence. Is that really better?

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016

The Alt.Right isn't even a thing, just more bullshit....

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I don't think the picture is exactly as you paint it. You forget that the Republicans hated Trump and tried anything to get him to lose. They even try to push for Ted Cruz, which would have been an even worse nightmare. I get the feeling the Republican party are still on their toes with a Trump presidency. He may have run on their ticket but he was even willing to go Independent if needed, he isn't their puppet.
I think it's going to make things worse. He'll surround himself with his loyalists and sycophants and will seek very little advice from even his own party. He has the best ideas you know.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
In honor of the election results we have fried up a plate of chicken livers, are preparing to cook a whole country ham*, and I will be assembling a new bbq grill today.

* We were shopping at the local international market yesterday and, there, between the snail eyeballs and whatever that nasty pink shrimp flavored glop the Japanese insist is delicious was a cooler case holding two whole Virginia country hams. America, F' yeah!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
News is already saying to anticipate urban protests in DC, NYC, LA, Portland, and Seattle.

I wonder how many protesters didn't turn out to vote? Heh.

Reap and sow democrats, you did this to yourself. Whether it was believing in bullshit media, bullshit media polls, or not realizing that there is a large base of conservatives that you should be trying to appeal to instead of throwing them under the bus for everything. We like in a politically correct world where everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and everything misogynist. So if you ever have ANY issues whatsoever with these groups (Feminism, LGBTBBQ, or Black Lives Matter) - It's ALWAYS you. You're the one at fault, not a group of protesters that ignite cities on fire, loot stores and block interstate highways. Or at least, that's what the democratic party made it out to be.

As a fiscal conservative and a semi-progressive on social issues - which is all the democrats can EVER appeal to, the stupid social issues - I bit the bullet this year and gave her the vote. And you still lost.

This, especially the bolded/underlined part.

If you want EVERYONE to follow immigration rule and law and do it the right way, you are a racist/xenophobic.

If you want to be critical of certain members of minority group (not the whole group) because of their own bad behavior/criminal actions and not because of their race/creed, you are a racist/hater.

If you want to discuss anything that go against the ideology of the liberals/Democrats, then you are a simpleton, fat and uneducated stupid redneck, have a small penis, and <insert more labels>.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Heh, am a registered Democrat who donated to the Trump campaign, pity my inbox and phone.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

trump has nothing to do with the market exploding other than the fact that he isn't what wall street wanted. wall street is to blame for that, not trump.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Gloat away. Enjoy it. Doesn't mean you're not still a giant asshole.
But I am a correct giant asshole. I would rather be that than an incorrect fuckwit sjw.

The repudiation of your shit is so complete that you should really spend a day or two thinking about your behavior.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
But I am a correct giant asshole. I would rather be that than an incorrect fuckwit sjw.

The repudiation of your shit is so complete that you should really spend a day or two thinking about your behavior.

Nah. I don't need others to validate my feelings/thoughts/behavior. I appreciate your concern though.