It Looks Like Trump is Gearing up for a Presidential Run (2024).

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Trump will IMO win the presidential election if he actually decides to run. There is talk that Biden won't run in 2024 because of his age. He will be 82. So, who do we have? Kamala Harris? I don't think so, and if she does run Trump will destroy her. I think Trump will easily beat Biden if he does run. Are you people ready for another round of Trump as president? A Trump 2.0 if you say...

Trump looks like he'll run to reclaim the presidency in 2024 (msn.com)

Reactions: weblooker2021

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump will IMO win the presidential election if he actually decides to run. There is talk that Biden won't run in 2024 because of his age. He will be 82. So, who do we have? Kamala Harris? I don't think so, and if she does run Trump will destroy her. I think Trump will easily beat Biden if he does run. Are you people ready for another round of Trump as president? A Trump 2.0 if you say...

Of course he’ll run, I just pray we have a valid election and no funny business of republican run states changing the vote if trump doesn’t win. They’re applying the mechanism to allow this in multiple states.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Of course he’ll run, I just pray we have a valid election and no funny business of republican run states changing the vote if trump doesn’t win. They’re applying the mechanism to allow this in multiple states.

Yea, if he wins again it will be a much more vocal, angrier and vindictive Trump. It will get bad.

Reactions: hal2kilo

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And I wonder how many more impeachments he'll add to his resumé, how many more lies he'll pile up on his already stupidously horrific record, how many more self-satisfying orgasmic MAGA rallies he'll perform at for his brain dead cult following (nothing much else to do you know), how many more golf breaks he'll take off from work, how many more super secret one-on-one private video calls he'll have with his Poison Pen Pal Putin and how much richer will he and his kids become from all of those off-shore deals they'll be leveraging for themselves.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Just what this country needs. Reelecting an openly racist President who aided and abetted an armed insurrection against the federal government.

Sad thing is have about a dozen people in this forum who would be on board with that notion.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
True, but by 2024 trump could have enough states in his pocket that he wouldn’t need to actually win.

If he has sufficient governmental support for a coup in 2024 then why does it matter if he runs or not as democracy is over anyway.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Not saying Biden has been perfect...but has his first year been that bad?

More COVID relief passed.
Out of Afghanistan.
Infrastructure passed.
Vaccinations going up, COVID getting more under control.
Unemployment stable to slightly decreased.
Stock market booming.
Still no CRT in sight.

Now granted, Afghanistan was a bit messy and cost us the lives of our Marines, infrastructure was heavily trimmed down, inflation is still a concern, mandates controversial (but overall favorable by the public at large), and the stock market does not = the economy, but it does = our 401k. And global supply line issues are not Biden's fault, necessarily.

Overall seems like functional government to me. Not saying Trump wouldn't stand a good chance (especially with GOP state legislatures ready to overturn the will of the people), but what was the GOP's platform again? No mandates, no CRT and another tax cut? Ok....?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Imagine someone saying 'Hillary Clinton will run in 2020 and she'll win this time' in November of 2017.

lol. You guys just love to spin yourselves up sometimes.
Trump winning isn't an unreasonable opinion. I would prefer that he just go away, but that clearly isn't going to happen. I don't see anyone on either side that I'm even a little excited about.
I would like to see Nancy put out to pasture, she's had a good run but much like Joe, the years have caught up with her. I respect old people (being one myself) but there comes a time when you have to realize that you're just not sharp enough to do the job anymore.

Reactions: pcgeek11

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump winning isn't an unreasonable opinion. I would prefer that he just go away, but that clearly isn't going to happen. I don't see anyone on either side that I'm even a little excited about.
I would like to see Nancy put out to pasture, she's had a good run but much like Joe, the years have caught up with her. I respect old people (being one myself) but there comes a time when you have to realize that you're just not sharp enough to do the job anymore.

It has seemed clear for a while that Pelosi is highly likely to retire in 22 or 24.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I agree to a certain extent but the absolute chaos and insanity of Trump's one lucky win still has people believing he's some invincible electoral juggernaut five years after it happened. He lost the popular vote in every election he took part in by millions each time and only won in 2016 because he got lucky. Despite attempting to cheat in every way possible in 2020 he lost by one of the largest vote margins for an incumbent in modern history. This is not someone who is good at winning elections!

So CAN he run and win? Sure - if he's not indicted or what remains of his brain is still functioning in 2024 he could capture the nomination and anyone who captures either party's nomination has at least a puncher's chance to win. Could he attempt another coup in 2024 and be successful? Also possible. That all said though, predictions this far out are essentially astrology.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump still maintains that he actually won the 2020 election, right? How’s he going to be eligible for a third term?

I guess he didn’t get to do any presidentin’ during his second term, because Biden illegally took over the White House with the assistance of the media and the Deep State, so it doesn’t count.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump still maintains that he actually won the 2020 election, right? How’s he going to be eligible for a third term?

I guess he didn’t get to do any presidentin’ during his second term, because Biden illegally took over the White House with the assistance of the media and the Deep State, so it doesn’t count.
To be fair even before he lost the 2020 election he was saying he should get a third term due to people being mean to him for his collusion with the Russian government.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
What with demographic changes progressively favoring the Dems, the only recourse the Repubs have is to bend our Constitution and the Rule of Law as far as they're able to, normalize it and in the very near future rip that founding document to shreds in order to create a fascist state of which is the only way they'll be able take and hold power over the opposition majority.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Rest of the world saw how stupid Americans were in 2016. Flabbergasted that even more voted even seeing how poor a job he did. So we’ll all be meh if this happens in 2024.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

Maybe if we pay him for the rooms that Secret Service would occupy while golfing, he wouldn’t run.

Feb 4, 2009

....aaaaannnnddd Donald will be 78

Reactions: Pohemi and Vic

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The really scary thing going on here is that Trump won in 2016 to begin with. After four years of proving beyond the slightest doubt that he is unfit, unqualified and worst still under the very heavy influence of Putin who represents a clear and present danger to the security of our nation. Can't get worse than that you say? How 'bout the fact that over 70+ million Americans simply don't give a shit about that fact and want Trump back in office no matter what it takes to get him there.

Reactions: Pohemi and KMFJD

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Of course Trump wants to run again in 2024 or at least strongly pretend he does. It gives the chance to keep the grift going. But the OP's post is just pants shitting fear at this point. Put your efforts into making the environment as unfavorable as possible for him. Most importantly we need to figure out how to counter this kind of bullshit:

“I don’t like the president, and the Democrats are spending too much money on things like infrastructure, when really we need politicians who are going to bring more money back into this country,” said Ms. Sonsini, 56, of Great Neck.
Among those voting Republican was Audrey Alleva, a 64-year-old Garden City resident with family in the military, who cited the president’s performance as a factor in her decision.
“I don’t like the way President Biden handled the country leaving Afghanistan,” Ms. Alleva said.
Sam Liviem, a 70-year-old Great Neck resident, cited other recent Democratic pushes as reason to cast his ballot for Republicans.
“When liberals try to push ‘defund the police,’ when they try to take down statues of people from the past, when they want to wipe out history, you are going back to the law of the jungle,” Mr. Liviem said.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Of course Trump wants to run again in 2024 or at least strongly pretend he does. It gives the chance to keep the grift going. But the OP's post is just pants shitting fear at this point. Put your efforts into making the environment as unfavorable as possible for him. Most importantly we need to figure out how to counter this kind of bullshit:

“I don’t like the president, and the Democrats are spending too much money on things like infrastructure, when really we need politicians who are going to bring more money back into this country,” said Ms. Sonsini, 56, of Great Neck.
Among those voting Republican was Audrey Alleva, a 64-year-old Garden City resident with family in the military, who cited the president’s performance as a factor in her decision.
“I don’t like the way President Biden handled the country leaving Afghanistan,” Ms. Alleva said.
Sam Liviem, a 70-year-old Great Neck resident, cited other recent Democratic pushes as reason to cast his ballot for Republicans.
“When liberals try to push ‘defund the police,’ when they try to take down statues of people from the past, when they want to wipe out history, you are going back to the law of the jungle,” Mr. Liviem said.
Meanwhile these same biddys were fine with Trump spending money on tax cuts for the rich. Now they want to bitch about spending money replacing water supplies with lead that are killing people