Is Trump about to be indicted in NY?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't see any of those articles stating an indictment was right around the corner, just that it looked like the government had sufficient evidence to get one when/if they sought it, and those cases often take a long time as you want to have as ironclad a prosecution as possible in this case. In fact if anything several of them explicitly refute your point by talking about how investigations will proceed 'in the months ahead' and such.

This is a case of you reading things into the articles that they don't actually say.

Reactions: Brovane

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Trump has been caught trying to play 2 judges. He (his attorneys) double booked 2 cases for the same date and time, so that they would delay again. An attorney saw both on the docket( not even on either case), and turned them in. They have until Wednesday, to explain, in writing. Its the same judge that fined him $10k a day.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I really don't think Trump is a procrastinator in the sense that he's trying his best to put off those lawsuits and indictments just because he's too lazy. It's much more like he's purposely constipating himself hoping the ever increasing buildup of crap he's holding back will simply disappear one day from simply ignoring it just like his supporters are doing. That ruse he's used to relying on where he'd threaten to bankrupt his creditors with lawsuits just doesn't seem to apply anymore.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
One thing the Trump administration has shown to everyone

“Equal justice under the law”

No longer exists. It’s like a lot of ideals this country espouses that are not practically true

Can someone answer this question? I heard even if Trump is convicted it won’t likely lead to jail time. How is that possible when Michael Cohen went to prison carrying out Trumps order to commit the same crime?

Reactions: hal2kilo

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
One thing the Trump administration has shown to everyone

“Equal justice under the law”

No longer exists. It’s like a lot of ideals this country espouses that are not practically true

Can someone answer this question? I heard even if Trump is convicted it won’t likely lead to jail time. How is that possible when Michael Cohen went to prison carrying out Trumps order to commit the same crime?
Michael Cohen at least admitted his involvement and served his time for the crime. Trump continues to lie, deny and obstruct so he should serve at least the same amount of time as Cohen and probably more time based on the crime.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It was fun watching Ari on MSNBC yesterday.

Trump lawyer lunges to grab documents from MSNBC host after he’s called out over “lie” | Salon.com

"This is Donald Trump paying with his own money," Tacopina responded. "First of all, there's a crucial distinction between separating campaign funds from personal funds, right? And on personal fund usage, here's the bright line test. And it ends this case. It ends any case regarding Stormy Daniels. If the spending or the fulfillment of a commitment or the expenditure would exist irrespective of a campaign, it's not a campaign law violation. End of story. This would've existed irrespective of the campaign."

Tacopina during the segment tried to nab some of Melber's documents, which contained Trump's denial of the payments.

"Ari, that is–if that's what you're gonna consider a lie, a lie to me is something material under oath in a proceeding," Tacopina said.

"I didn't say perjury. I said a lie," Melber retorted.

"Yeah, but that's not a lie," Tacopina said. an incredulous Melber replied,

"That's not a lie?!" an incredulous Melber pressed.

"Could you put the paper down, put the paper down, we don't need that," the lawyer told Melber.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It was fun watching Ari on MSNBC yesterday.

Trump lawyer lunges to grab documents from MSNBC host after he’s called out over “lie” | Salon.com

"This is Donald Trump paying with his own money," Tacopina responded. "First of all, there's a crucial distinction between separating campaign funds from personal funds, right? And on personal fund usage, here's the bright line test. And it ends this case. It ends any case regarding Stormy Daniels. If the spending or the fulfillment of a commitment or the expenditure would exist irrespective of a campaign, it's not a campaign law violation. End of story. This would've existed irrespective of the campaign."

Tacopina during the segment tried to nab some of Melber's documents, which contained Trump's denial of the payments.

"Ari, that is–if that's what you're gonna consider a lie, a lie to me is something material under oath in a proceeding," Tacopina said.

"I didn't say perjury. I said a lie," Melber retorted.

"Yeah, but that's not a lie," Tacopina said. an incredulous Melber replied,

"That's not a lie?!" an incredulous Melber pressed.

"Could you put the paper down, put the paper down, we don't need that," the lawyer told Melber.
Uh oh. Looks like Trump's lawyer had a prior relationship (legally) with Stormy. Seems it may be an ethics violation. Ethics hah!

“This is incredible”: Legal scholar uncovers Trump lawyer’s ethical conflict in Stormy Daniels case | Salon.com

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
God damn its good to be rich.
ANY BODY ELSE would have been in prison years ago.
This country is fucked.
Trump is not the problem. America is the problem. We got a hundred million selfish stupid whiny bitches who are only good at bullying others into submission. The one thing they have going for them is their willingness to leave the trailer park, fill up their rusted dualies with gasoline, and drive hundred if not thousands of miles in large groups to kill blacks and terrify whites all while waiving "DONT TREAD ON ME" flags the whole time.
Thats IT.
That is their strength. Get together and scare people. They are otherwise worthless.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
God damn its good to be rich.
ANY BODY ELSE would have been in prison years ago.
This country is fucked.
Trump is not the problem. America is the problem. We got a hundred million selfish stupid whiny bitches who are only good at bullying others into submission. The one thing they have going for them is their willingness to leave the trailer park, fill up their rusted dualies with gasoline, and drive hundred if not thousands of miles in large groups to kill blacks and terrify whites all while waiving "DONT TREAD ON ME" flags the whole time.
Thats IT.
That is their strength. Get together and scare people. They are otherwise worthless.
No they want to 2A scare, you think it's about self protection. Ha, ha.....

Feb 4, 2009
He loves to incite insurrections. Now all MAGAs will, or will be discussing plans to, gather outside his residence to "prevent" the arrest.
Bring in the Porta Poddy’s.
No way the former President is allowing those low class filthy scum use his toilets.
Yes the former President looks at them as low class filthy scum. That’s the odd part of Maga, the former President loves to be surrounded with praise he also finds the people who do it losers and dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Trump admitted that he is a former president; it’s a start.
Shucks, his being elected twice was going to keep him from running for President again. He only inflicted a small amount of damage to this country by his claims that he won the last election. Guantanamo is where he belongs.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As with all ends of the world they keep getting postponed for reason as valid as those originally making clear they would happen.