Is there animosity against Elderly Asians from some in the black community?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Are blacks targeting Eldering Asians?

• There is some hostility towards Asians fro them Black Community, but very few blacks thinks this way

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • There is some hostility towards Asians from the Black Community, and it's rampant

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • There is no hostility towards Asian from the Black Community, it is right wing propaganda

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I see the usual political white knighters who think they care but only feed their egos have engaged in persecuting the OP.

The world is not as black-and-white as your "moral purists" think it is and antagonism between all sorts of varying groups and even within groups exist; such things are documented in fictional literature throughout the ages.

Truly living up to your forum handle. We have reached the point were asking for actual data is "persecuting the OP".

Reactions: Leeea and pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I see the usual political white knighters who think they care but only feed their egos have engaged in persecuting the OP.

The world is not as black-and-white as your "moral purists" think it is and antagonism between all sorts of varying groups and even within groups exist; such things are documented in fictional literature throughout the ages.

Now, with only a sample size of 3, it would be very difficult to extrapolate to the entirety of the Black population that there is a propensity towards being violent against Asians. But it is fair to question whether these particular individuals do some racism.

Looking up the case of Mr. Muslim, he is the usual example of the CR justice system giving slaps on the wrist or no real punishment for prior crimes. People like him are those who understand the legal system can be pushed to its limits and he still can be a free man. His 2019 charges for Assault were completely dismissed, for example. In August of 2020, he pled no contest to an Assault charge. Since he assault another in February this year, it's clear he wasn't in jail at the time. It's likely his probation expired when he pushed the Asian, as criminals usually don't break probation unless they are severely arrogant or maladjusted.
Mr. Muslim's case profile would be an extreme inconvenience for those adhere to the most popular narrative of the past year, to say the least. Because it's clear he was free to live on the streets and not incarcerated "unjustly". His 2015 case had him jailed for only 30 days and his probation for that expired on January 16, 2021.

While this establishes a clear history of violent behavior and, relatively speaking, mere slap on the wrists from the state. That does not prove racism per se. It will be absolutely interesting to see his final adjudication in this case.

Antoine Watson, having committed his crime in San Francisco, does not have to worry about internet folks checking his records because San Fran does not make available online its criminal cases. A rather interesting decision...

I see you are doing that self-congratulatory thing of building straw men and then attacking them to prove how smart you are. Yawn.

Who are these 'moral purists' ? They seem to be entirely imaginary enemies of yours. Of course there is antagonism between all sorts of varying groups, probably particularly so between different ethnic groups in the US (one reason why the US ruling elite have historically faced very little organised opposition). Whoever suggested there wasn't? Such antagonism arises for a multiplicity of reasons, very often structural and economic.

Reactions: Leeea
Nov 8, 2012
It really isn't a question, so it's hilarious that people are debating this and acting as-if it's cherry picked data. Take a pick of your sources you insignificant twats.

Also - note the hilarious left wing propogandist headlines that essentially boil down to "Hey, yeah, we have racist actions from blacks against asian - but lets not be too quick to assume it was due to racism! I'm sure they just knocked them out and didn't rob them because... you know... some other reason"

The fucking media is hilarious and continues to illustrate why they are a joke and continue to die.

Take your pick idiots :p

EVERY single one of the mainstream media headlines amounts to "Anti-asian crimes are on the rise - but lets not be too quick to assume even though it's disproportionately black people that it is for racial reasons" lolol. Fucking roll on the floor laugh worthy shit.

But hey - don't let facts get in the way of your feelings ;)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Nobody wants to answer the question if they think the Trumper rhetoric that amped up attacks on China has had any effect on the rise in Anti-Asian crime. There was anti-Asian crime before, but why has it surged since Covid? I keep asking if black Antifa got together and decided to ramp up hostilities between the communities, but nobody will get behind that one.

Also, I did answer the poll, I chose the first answer. I believe there is some animosity between all races as I stated in this thread. Every race can have racist elements in them IMO. But why the surge to the point that our current president signed an executive order in regards to it, and mentioned it in his first nationwide address?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It really isn't a question, so it's hilarious that people are debating this and acting as-if it's cherry picked data. Take a pick of your sources you insignificant twats.

Also - note the hilarious left wing propogandist headlines that essentially boil down to "Hey, yeah, we have racist actions from blacks against asian - but lets not be too quick to assume it was due to racism! I'm sure they just knocked them out and didn't rob them because... you know... some other reason"

The fucking media is hilarious and continues to illustrate why they are a joke and continue to die.

Take your pick idiots :p

EVERY single one of the mainstream media headlines amounts to "Anti-asian crimes are on the rise - but lets not be too quick to assume even though it's disproportionately black people that it is for racial reasons" lolol. Fucking roll on the floor laugh worthy shit.

Is this SlowSpyder? I am thinking this is Slow... he has come full form as of late.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm open to all possibilities, thus, the thread. Everyone is welcome to post proof against the observation that the overwhelming number attacks against elderly Asians are committed by Blacks. I merely did search on youtube for "elderly asian attacked" and noted that almost all the attackers are black.
So because you do a youtube search that concludes the overwhelming amount of attacks against Asians are committed by blacks?

Sounds pretty fact based. I get all my evidence from youtube. If only you knew how silly you sound.

I did a youtube search of "domestic terrorism". I got a bunch of redneck white boys. However since our intelligence agencies for YEARS have concluded they are the #1 domestic terrorism threat I can make that conclusion.

You can't.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Allow me to translate what is happening to you:

"You're cherry picking data!"

"OMG that is not an actual representation of what is happening! That's just anecdotal evidence from unverified sources!"

Meanwhile - when posted directly from the same idiots in this thread....

LOL. The hypocrisy... the irony... the idiocy.... Is at exponential levels...

Keep it up, tools.
Coming from the guy who just makes shit up here?

What did Neera Tanden do that was corrupt?

Reactions: Meghan54 and Leeea

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The media is a joke? You are a bigger liar then anyone in the MSM

What did Neera Tanden do that was corrupt?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hey everyone, look at the resident liar bitch about the media. He's no better then he claims them to be

What did Neera Tanden do that was corrupt? Liar...liar...pants on fire!!!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Hey everyone, look at the resident liar bitch about the media. He's no better then he claims them to be

What did Neera Tanden do that was corrupt? Liar...liar...pants on fire!!!
@s0me0nesmind1 is just a troll. Best to place such people on ignore.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Sure, and again, show me the exact quote of mine that lead you to all this conclusion about me.
Also, don't forget my earlier question to you. Why is it that the majority of Trump supporter who are white males are not the ones committing these crimes about Asians.
Another one of those has entered the room...
This --
You are a bit of a snowflake.
Your premise of this thread is completely misleading as it attempts to deflect the blame of racism back to the black community where is doesn't belong.

I've said for years any single person can be racist but the issue of racism disproportionately lies with one side.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
about 8 minutes in here... stepped on this today by accident.

There may be a lingering dormant thing there, throw a catalyst in aka Trumpian KungFlu, and it might turn shit up a notch or two.
That being said, hate crime been on the raise since Trump and birtherism anyway right?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Folks here aren't capable of having a valid debate/discussion in anything remotely revolving around race unless it's simply to proclaim how they are victims of white oppression and that is the Trump card (har har) for ending the discussion.. It's just one of those topics that they can't handle. Thus they prefer to just pull out a race card or something along those lines in an attempt to steer the conversation into "You're racist" instead of addressing a problem.

Goodluck though.

I tried butt you hurt my feels. The youtube info OP provided only pointed out 3 out of 5 high profile incidents were initiated by "the black community". Just asking for more statistics to make an informed decision.

Of course you did - because you like to use feelings instead of facts.

Here's a T-shirt for you to buy little buddy:

View attachment 41103

positivedoppler

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2012
I tried butt you hurt my feels. The youtube info OP provided only pointed out 3 out of 5 high profile incidents were initiated by "the black community". Just asking for more statistics to make an informed decision.
Not, 3. I listed 6 instances of recent black on Asian violence

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Folks here aren't capable of having a valid debate/discussion in anything remotely revolving around race unless it's simply to proclaim how they are victims of white oppression and that is the Trump card (har har) for ending the discussion.. It's just one of those topics that they can't handle. Thus they prefer to just pull out a race card or something along those lines in an attempt to steer the conversation into "You're racist" instead of addressing a problem.

Goodluck though.
That`s not true at all! Fo9lkas here are very capable! The issue is nobody wants to debate stuff that people like Fucker Carlson or Hannity would claim to be true!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just go on youtube and search for "elderly asian attacked"
You can try to pin this on MAGA crowd, but each one of these attacks are at the heart of the biggest liberal cities and the attackers sure don't look like your typical Trump supporters. I don't see this coming from Texas, Tenn, or any other red states.

apparently you just didn't look hard enough, because as is obvious by all your posts in this thread, you are merely trying to find people to agree with your already decided conclusions and anything that goes against it you simply ignore.

"Texas is the No. 3 state for hate incidents against Asian Americans...
...At a time when Texas’ 1.5 million Asian Americans are the state’s fastest-growing minority, hate attacks and “coronavirus discrimination” have become so widespread that a new civil-rights advocacy campaign cataloged more than 50 Texas incidents in its first two weeks....
...Cung, a Burmese immigrant, and two of his children were stabbed. According to an FBI alert on anti-Asian hate crimes, accused attacker Jose Gomez III “thought the family was Chinese and infecting people with the coronavirus.”

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I posted something on my FB page about how it was great that Joe Biden mentioned Anti-Asian racism in his first nationwide address. A Chinese-American FB friend posted this website that seems to focus on Asian-American news. The latest incidents in California? Definitely not black perps. I know there have been multiple minority perps, but the incidents I saw with a quick look on the front page of this website, not dark-skinned.

Other recent incidents like this one in Queens, the perp states 'Chinese virus' before spitting on the victim. Please tell me which party insists on labeling this the China virus or Kung flu virus or using rhetoric that encourages anti-Asian sentiment and which party has condemned such language. But to the op, it's only liberal blacks doing this stuff, as if no blacks can be Trump supporters or even influenced by Trump, and he refuses to answer questions about whether or not Trumper rhetoric is in any way influential on the rise of anti-Asian violence. What a fucking tool this guy is. I agree there are racist African Americans, as there are racists in every race, but I am quite sure the OP is a racist Asian, and Trumphumper most likely.

Last edited: