Is Dezign back yet?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
OK, I did a search and it looks like HK was banned for a thread where she decided to go bi or something. There was a lock, then she reposted the thread and that might have been the banhammer there.

Well, it seems she is still getting the usual flak for getting the attention she does, but I think thats part and parcel (with huge popularity comes the inevitable anti-popularity too).

Irony is that 98% of the members here would clam right up if they met her IRL. :) ;)

Mar 15, 2003
Um, I do wonder why she was banned.. I may have missed something but did she post explicit pictures or something? Stop skirting around the issue- what exactly did she do? No offense to ms. dezign but she does seem to have a low self esteem and does seem to post a few too many pics - is that what got her in trouble?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
She's posting pics because she has low selfesteem? Shouldn't that be the opposite? If you have low-selfesteem, the last thing you would do is post pics of yourself to be judged by others.

Seems like everybody has to have an opinion. Some think she's an attention whore looking to boost her ego, and others are saying she has low selfesteem.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Um, I do wonder why she was banned.. I may have missed something but did she post explicit pictures or something? Stop skirting around the issue- what exactly did she do? No offense to ms. dezign but she does seem to have a low self esteem and does seem to post a few too many pics - is that what got her in trouble?

She was holding a "which girl should I go for" vote.

Predictably, the virgin population of AT went nuts.

While I may not care for her posting habits, in my dealings with her she has come across as intelligent and sincere. Which is more than I can say for a lot of people here.

Viper GTS

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

Viper GTS

ahhhhh, got it.. So she didn't too anything too risque... Welps, I hope she meets some kind guy or girl or shrink who helps her get over her poor self image..

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Yeah, she basically was waving bananas in front of the monkey cage

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i don't think happykitten was banned... i think HK got fed up with all the attention whore charges

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Viper:

I don't even think that did it - I think it was that the vote thread got locked and she posted a new one right after.

I love how us guys can post all the pics, whiny stories, YAGTs, about our toenails, breakfast cereals, etc etc etc and its all cool. Then a girl does the same and its "attention seeker!".

Two words: Sour. Grapes.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Meh. I just see her as another person(ality) to add to the "flair" of an online forum. Nothing more, nothing less. If you have a problem with it, then ignore the thread.

It really is that simple.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Optimus
Viper: I don't even think that did it - I think it was that the vote thread got locked and she posted a new one right after. I love how us guys can post all the pics, whiny stories, YAGTs, about our toenails, breakfast cereals, etc etc etc and its all cool. Then a girl does the same and its "attention seeker!". Two words: Sour. Grapes.

Two more words:

Playa. Hatas.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Optimus
Viper:

I don't even think that did it - I think it was that the vote thread got locked and she posted a new one right after.

I love how us guys can post all the pics, whiny stories, YAGTs, about our toenails, breakfast cereals, etc etc etc and its all cool. Then a girl does the same and its "attention seeker!".

Two words: Sour. Grapes.

I think it's because all through schools, the pretty girls always got the attention, and the geeks here resented that. Now that they've found their 'own' place, they find it threatening when a pretty girl can come on here and take away the attention away as easily as they did it back in school.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i don't think happykitten was banned... i think HK got fed up with all the attention whore charges

I pm'ed a mod about that - she was indeed banned. She was allowed to resign up under Dezign however

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: ElFenix

I pm'ed a mod about that - she was indeed banned. She was allowed to resign up under Dezign however

Well how come milleniu.... ummm you know ;) How come he can't sign up again? What was so special about dezign that she got the opportunity to post again... :light: ohhh yeah.. twins.. :(

double standard?! I dunno.. I dare not say

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Back... thank you for your concern. I had a couple people call to check up on me throughout the course of last night, and everything went... interestingly. Makes for a story, I guess.

I left around 8:30pm to meet David for the first time. We'd met in a weird way... the Saturday before last, all my friends flaked on me or were busy doing things I wasn't interested in doing. Not wanting to stay in, I posted an ad on craigslist looking for something to do... I posted it around 7pm, and said I'd pick the "most creative/interesting suggestion" by 8pm. I ended up going out with a guy from MIT named Joel, and it was a fun night. After one call, he fell off the face of the planet... I think I scared him off. :p He was a conservative momma's boy... oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Anyway, David e-mailed me not with a suggestion, but inquiring as to whether I could send him details about my "blind date" to see if his friend could use it for a TV show. I shared details of the date with him, and he said it was too boring for TV, but thanks anyway. We kept casually chatting, and eventually the topic of chess came up. He challenged me to a game, and of course I accepted... I have yet to find a worthy chess partner here in LA. :p Date set: Wednesday, October 8th.

Last night, we met at a coffee shop to play (I lugged my glass chess set over in the passenger seat of my car, just in case they didn't have board games there... but they did!). We introduced ourselves, and commenced playing... I had him checkmated a couple times, but he dodged em and ended up winning (grrr). We put the chess set aside to talk... apparently he took a "break from Hollywood" for the past six months, travelling and "finding himself".

David's quite a guy... 33 years old, absolute genius. Well-read, quoted from "Conversations With God" (I've read all the books and thoroughly enjoyed them), insanely creative/philosophical/intelligent... and all with a high school education. He's entirely self-educated... has a manufacturing business, is a music producer, and wears about a million and one other hats... it was incredibly inspiring and motivating speaking with him.

After a little while, he asked if I felt comfortable enough to see his little "sanctuary from the world"... I said sure, because I got good vibes from the guy (and I did meet him in public first, courtesy of ATOT!). He lived quite close by... for those of your familiar with the area, right through Westwood, in Bel Air. His Bel Air mansion was ridiculous, but we kicked it in his "thinking spot"... a beautiful little cabin hidden in the mountains. Immaculately decorated... ATOT-ers were right, he IS a metrosexual. :D

We talked some more... he's divorced, and hasn't had a girlfriend in 2+ years. He told me stories about his acquaintances from the Hollywood scene... beautiful, high-profile women... "For every beautiful woman, there is a man who is tired of fvcking her." (mostly due to the lack of a personality) "And the intellectual women I've met are quite prudish, which makes for a great friend, but not a romantic relationship. Haven't found a combination of both yet..."

At one point, I had to open my mouth and insert my foot. He asked if I wanted to hear some country music, and I kinda rolled my eyes and said, "Okaaaayyyy..." (I'm not a country music fan by any means, although I can appreciate Garth Brooks) He actually put some on, and said, "Now be careful to listen to the lyrics." I said, "I'm sure they'll be profound." (me thinking it'll be about trucks and cowboys and his cheatin' self) David gave me an odd look and put on a CD... and it turns out he's a country music writer/producer. Whoops. (the strange thing is, he doesn't play any instruments or sing himself... he just "hears the song in his head", and translates it to paper and then production)

When I actually gave the songs a chance, they weren't half bad... he played Show and Tell with the music editing/soundboard software on his Mac, and I learned a bit about how different frequencies were broken down, etc. He let me play around with it, which was fun because I always enjoy learning new things... he had me listen to the work of a few other artists he's developing, and showed me this crazy contraption he'd invented "after the divorce, out of spite." It's some sort of finishing machine that uses a special solution, and he spent $50,000 developing it (I wish I had half that to develop something :( ), and it turns out it's a "flawless machine." He says it has no replacement parts, but it guaranteed NEVER to break... and one never has, to this date. They cost almost $2,000 each, and he sells them online... hence, his manufacturing business. He has the #1 and #2 spot on all the search engines... it's the simplest machine, but it's remarkably effective. I was intrigued with how it worked, and he showed me one and how it's put together/taken apart. He's working out a deal with a company in NY to distribute it to 900 stores across the nation, which will pretty much allow him to cease working...

I felt like a complete slacker about halfway into the night.

David really is a great guy... I thoroughly enjoyed his company, but had to cut the conversation short at 3:30am... I had to get up for work at 8am the next morning. He gave me one of his CD's and asked if I'm busy this weekend/next week... I think I'll see him again sometime next week. He tried to kiss me on the lips as I was going, but I pushed him away... I dunno. For some reason, I'm not really attracted to him sexually. I'd love to have him as a friend, and I hope we can develop a friendship... perhaps something could happen someday, but definitely not anytime soon.

I was honestly more attracted to Joel, who still lived with his parents and was still looking for a job. *sigh* For some reason, I have a tendancy to gravitate towards guys I can take care of/baby... very strong, independent, successful men are kinda a turnoff romantically, but I'm always interested in pursuing a friendship with them. I think it's a subconscious thing... until I'm "at their level", I wouldn't feel comfortable engaging in a relationship with them... otherwise I'd always feel like I owed them something, which I know I don't. Hrm. Anyway, enough talk... sorry this was a... whole lotta nothing. :p For those who wanted to know... no need to worry about me, I'm perfectly fine. :) Thanks again for your concern... and thanks for being friends... :)

Cliff notes: Went out, lost at chess, talked until 3:30am, fell asleep at home around 4am.

EDIT: Didn't have time to read the whole thread, may do so later... it's busy here at work because we're in the process of moving, so odds are more posting won't happen until we're more settled... perhaps everyone should go outside for a little while, fresh air is a good thing. ;):D

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: KGB
Well how come milleniu.... ummm you know ;) How come he can't sign up again? What was so special about dezign that she got the opportunity to post again... :light: ohhh yeah.. twins.. :( double standard?! I dunno.. I dare not say

Cuz she's a guuuuuurrrrllll... ooooooooohhhhhh!

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Dezign
Back... thank you for your concern. I had a couple people call to check up on me throughout the course of last night, and everything went... interestingly. Makes for a story, I guess.

I left around 8:30pm to meet David for the first time. We'd met in a weird way... the Saturday before last, all my friends flaked on me or were busy doing things I wasn't interested in doing. Not wanting to stay in, I posted an ad on craigslist looking for something to do... I posted it around 7pm, and said I'd pick the "most creative/interesting suggestion" by 8pm. I ended up going out with a guy from MIT named Joel, and it was a fun night. After one call, he fell off the face of the planet... I think I scared him off. :p He was a conservative momma's boy... oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Anyway, David e-mailed me not with a suggestion, but inquiring as to whether I could send him details about my "blind date" to see if his friend could use it for a TV show. I shared details of the date with him, and he said it was too boring for TV, but thanks anyway. We kept casually chatting, and eventually the topic of chess came up. He challenged me to a game, and of course I accepted... I have yet to find a worthy chess partner here in LA. :p Date set: Wednesday, October 8th.

Last night, we met at a coffee shop to play (I lugged my glass chess set over in the passenger seat of my car, just in case they didn't have board games there... but they did!). We introduced ourselves, and commenced playing... I had him checkmated a couple times, but he dodged em and ended up winning (grrr). We put the chess set aside to talk... apparently he took a "break from Hollywood" for the past six months, travelling and "finding himself".

David's quite a guy... 33 years old, absolute genius. Well-read, quoted from "Conversations With God" (I've read all the books and thoroughly enjoyed them), insanely creative/philosophical/intelligent... and all with a high school education. He's entirely self-educated... has a manufacturing business, is a music producer, and wears about a million and one other hats... it was incredibly inspiring and motivating speaking with him.

After a little while, he asked if I felt comfortable enough to see his little "sanctuary from the world"... I said sure, because I got good vibes from the guy (and I did meet him in public first, courtesy of ATOT!). He lived quite close by... for those of your familiar with the area, right through Westwood, in Bel Air. His Bel Air mansion was ridiculous, but we kicked it in his "thinking spot"... a beautiful little cabin hidden in the mountains. Immaculately decorated... ATOT-ers were right, he IS a metrosexual. :D

We talked some more... he's divorced, and hasn't had a girlfriend in 2+ years. He told me stories about his acquaintances from the Hollywood scene... beautiful, high-profile women... "For every beautiful woman, there is a man who is tired of fvcking her." (mostly due to the lack of a personality) "And the intellectual women I've met are quite prudish, which makes for a great friend, but not a romantic relationship. Haven't found a combination of both yet..."

At one point, I had to open my mouth and insert my foot. He asked if I wanted to hear some country music, and I kinda rolled my eyes and said, "Okaaaayyyy..." (I'm not a country music fan by any means, although I can appreciate Garth Brooks) He actually put some on, and said, "Now be careful to listen to the lyrics." I said, "I'm sure they'll be profound." (me thinking it'll be about trucks and cowboys and his cheatin' self) David gave me an odd look and put on a CD... and it turns out he's a country music producer. Whoops. Hehe.

When I actually gave the songs a chance, they weren't half bad... he played Show and Tell with the music editing/soundboard software on his Mac, and I learned a bit about how different frequencies were broken down, etc. He let me play around with it, which was fun because I always enjoy learning new things... he had me listen to the work of a few other artists he's developing, and showed me this crazy contraption he'd invented "after the divorce, out of spite." It's some sort of finishing machine that uses a special solution, and he spent $50,000 developing it (I wish I had half that to develop something :( ), and it turns out it's a "flawless machine." He says it has no replacement parts, but it guaranteed NEVER to break... and one never has, to this date. They cost almost $2,000 each, and he sells them online... hence, his manufacturing business. He has the #1 and #2 spot on all the search engines... it's the simplest machine, but it's remarkably effective. I was intrigued with how it worked, and he showed me one and how it's put together/taken apart. He's working out a deal with a company in NY to distribute it to 900 stores across the nation, which will pretty much allow him to cease working...

I felt like a complete slacker about halfway into the night.

David really is a great guy... I thoroughly enjoyed his company, but had to cut the conversation short at 3:30am... I had to get up for work at 8am the next morning. He gave me one of his CD's and asked if I'm busy this weekend/next week... I think I'll see him again sometime next week. He tried to kiss me on the lips as I was going, but I pushed him away... I dunno. For some reason, I'm not really attracted to him sexually. I'd love to have him as a friend, and I hope we can develop a friendship... perhaps something could happen someday, but definitely not anytime soon.

I was honestly more attracted to Joel, who still lived with his parents and was still looking for a job. *sigh* For some reason, I have a tendancy to gravitate towards guys I can take care of/baby... very strong, independent, successful men are kinda a turnoff romantically, but I'm always interested in pursuing a friendship with them. I think it's a subconscious thing... until I'm "at their level", I wouldn't feel comfortable engaging in a relationship with them... otherwise I'd always feel like I owed them something, which I know I don't. Hrm. Anyway, enough talk... sorry this was a... whole lotta nothing. :p For those who wanted to know... no need to worry about me, I'm perfectly fine. :) Thanks again for your concern... and thanks for being friends... :)

Cliff notes: Went out, lost at chess, talked until 3:30am, fell asleep at home around 4am.

EDIT: Didn't have time to read the whole thread, may do so later... it's busy here at work because we're in the process of moving, so odds are more posting won't happen until we're more settled... perhaps everyone should go outside for a little while, fresh air is a good thing. ;):D

I can be a momma's boy if you want me to. :D

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
You're crazy! He's goodlooking, self-employed, lives in a mansion, intelligent, and knows people in the 'industry', yet you're more attracted to a jobless mamas-boy?

EDIT: and he's also able to commit to a relationship (since he was married before).

Also, what's this device he invented? You have a link to it?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Glad you had fun and that guy definitely sounds like one of the "beautiful people". I've known a couple and it seems somewhere deep inside there's usually a screw loose and some psychosis seems to show thru ;)

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
For some reason, I have a tendancy to gravitate towards guys I can take care of/baby... very strong, independent, successful men are kinda a turnoff romantically

Be prepared for a barage of PMs from the AT community

BTW...Glad to hear you are safe and had a good time. I'd challenge you to chess but I suck...now...Trivial Pursuit...there's a game for the mind. ;)

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
hmmm I think the producer guy want to make another move if you go out with him again. Better to make things clear from the beggining when you see him.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: neovan
For some reason, I have a tendancy to gravitate towards guys I can take care of/baby... very strong, independent, successful men are kinda a turnoff romantically

Be prepared for a barage of PMs from the AT community

BTW...Glad to hear you are safe and had a good time. I'd challenge you to chess but I suck...now...Trivial Pursuit...there's a game for the mind. ;)

I'm looking forward to taking the title again. :) Waiting for my roommates to settle in before I throw another meet at my apartment... however, if anyone wants to throw a meetup at their place, I'm game. ;):p:D

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Dezign
For some reason, I'm not really attracted to him sexually. I'd love to have him as a friend, and I hope we can develop a friendship... perhaps something could happen someday, but definitely not anytime soon.

Great story!

Can I talk to him if you don't want him? :p

He sounds like a really great guy...I'm actually disappointed you weren't attracted to him. LOL

-TekChik