Is Dezign back yet?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Glad to hear you are ok...

How did you get him in check mate a couple of times and he get out of it?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Glad to hear you are ok...

How did you get him in check mate a couple of times and he get out of it?

Er... I thought you could only get out of check, the whole point of check mate was that there WAS no way out.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
EDIT: I had him checked, not checkmated. Thanks for catching that...

*back to packing* (our office is moving to a new building)

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
well...its good to see that your safe and sound and that you've given quiet a few here some peaceful sleep tonight :)

here's a :beer: for a great date :)

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Optimus
The key to getting out of checkmate is a sweeping arm motion across the board. ;)

Or declaring that your king has strong feelings regarding the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry, and thus is proceeding to double-tap everyone on the board with a 45.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Dezign

Some chess buff.
rolleye.gif
That's like a football nut not knowing the difference between a field goal and a touch down.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Optimus
The key to getting out of checkmate is a sweeping arm motion across the board. ;)

:D:D:D

"Subject: Checkmate.

I'll bet that word makes you cringe as much as your opportunity clock did this morning when it rang and woke you up saying...it's time to get up.... you shouldn't have stayed up so late.

:)

yes i feel for you and your sleepiness... i was tired just getting up at 10am.

i have had a challenging day so far. very productive yet very challenging.

my tv show continues to get redefined and distilled and redefined and distilled, and it really takes a toll on your energy levels of being picked at and dealing with morons at the corporate level.

one way or the other,... i will pull it all off and if all goes well i might see network broadcast by summer of 2005.

so we'll see.

when are you ready for your next rematch? anytime... just let me know when you want another lesson.

tonight? tomorrow? hmmm never enough for me!

david!"

For those who are interested in checking out his invention/machine, e-mail me and I'll send you the link: atotdezign@yahoo.com

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteve

Some chess buff.
rolleye.gif
That's like a football nut not knowing the difference between a field goal and a touch down.

I was typing fast, didn't have time to proofread. THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!! ;):p

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CrazyDe1
Is david the old guy or the young guy in the pic?

He's the imaginary friend to the right of both of them....
:p

j/k

these threads crack me up!

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Dezign, glad to see that you're back. I might throw a party in Thousand Oaks soon... i'll keep ya posted! :)

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Back... thank you for your concern. I had a couple people call to check up on me throughout the course of last night, and everything went... interestingly. Makes for a story, I guess.

Cliff notes: Went out, lost at chess, talked until 3:30am, fell asleep at home around 4am.

EDIT: Didn't have time to read the whole thread, may do so later... it's busy here at work because we're in the process of moving, so odds are more posting won't happen until we're more settled... perhaps everyone should go outside for a little while, fresh air is a good thing. ;):D

It seems he thought he could get you into bed by showing you all the cool things he had. Glad to see it didn't work for you. Lots of girls would've jumped right into bed after seeing all that, then get dumped the next day and not know why. Guess you're smarter than that. Oh well, I'm sure he'll find someone else and pull the same thing, return to his place and show the cool toys then get laid. I don't expect him to call you back, but let us know if he does.

As for the mama's boy, Good luck, hope he calls back. You never know.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
In situations like this, one wonders what the cause of his divorce was... *seems* so perfect, doesn't he ?

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
Back... thank you for your concern. I had a couple people call to check up on me throughout the course of last night, and everything went... interestingly. Makes for a story, I guess.

Cliff notes: Went out, lost at chess, talked until 3:30am, fell asleep at home around 4am.

EDIT: Didn't have time to read the whole thread, may do so later... it's busy here at work because we're in the process of moving, so odds are more posting won't happen until we're more settled... perhaps everyone should go outside for a little while, fresh air is a good thing. ;):D

It seems he thought he could get you into bed by showing you all the cool things he had. Glad to see it didn't work for you. Lots of girls would've jumped right into bed after seeing all that, then get dumped the next day and not know why. Guess you're smarter than that. Oh well, I'm sure he'll find someone else and pull the same thing, return to his place and show the cool toys then get laid. I don't expect him to call you back, but let us know if he does.

the phrase "thinly veiled" comes to mind. :p

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01

Scroll up five or six posts. :) He wants to know if we can get together again tonight or tomorrow, but I'll be babysitting for these rugrats and spending time with a friend who'll be returning from a month-long stint the UK. As for between the sheets, he won't be getting anything anytime soon (from me, at least)...

Haha, alkemyst... :p