Edit: Sorry for the double post.
Few more things to add.
1. I wonder if the new 4G Modem will be on 22FFL. Because it surely looks like very good fit for the purpose. And the timing makes sense as well.
2. It is finally looking like Intel is serious about Custom Fab. Not sure about tooling and ecosystem around it, but at least they have a product ( node ) that is attractive enough.
3. Turns out the rumours of trying to get Huawei wasn't without any merit.
4. I wonder why Intel decide to call it "22", when they could have name it something smaller for marketing purpose, after all Intel is very good at the name deceiving game in their consumer product, i wonder if it was some engineering pride in their Node naming scheme.
5. The end game of Intel according to a few sources were to get Apple to integrate their modem into their SoC using Intel's Fab. While that is unlikely to Apple because it is likely Apple are already designing their own Modem, at least the Fabbing side seems possible ( For now ).
6. We got Intel sticking AMD Graphics in their chip, how about Intel Fabbing for AMD Radeon Graphics. ( Hell really would frozen over )