Indictments coming...

Page 167 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Up to 25 years if convicted on all counts.

Pardon insurance plus making it a near certainty Manafort dies in prison. I assume some crimes were done in VA also...

I can see VA looking the other way. NY? BWAHAHA!
I wonder if Stone is liable in NY? Certainly Trump is vulnerable because if the Trump Organization is turned inside out then Trump is on the short list of controlling people. If the Feds don't do their job then screw them. States Rights!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I wonder if Stone is liable in NY? Certainly Trump is vulnerable because if the Trump Organization is turned inside out then Trump is on the short list of controlling people. If the Feds don't do their job then screw them. States Rights!

I think the Trump Org, its corporate officers, and the Trump family themselves personally could have enormous criminal and civil exposures just on the state level. If NY state is waiting for the feds to finish their work before filing charges/lawsuits there could easily be a LOT more to come.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Stone has a residence in NY as well as the one on FL. The FBI also raided his apartment in NY and took a computer from there.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I think the Trump Org, its corporate officers, and the Trump family themselves personally could have enormous criminal and civil exposures just on the state level. If NY state is waiting for the feds to finish their work before filing charges/lawsuits there could easily be a LOT more to come.

NY is already going after the Trump Org on civil grounds. This prevents Trump from divestment without approval and makes the destruction of documents a felony in itself. Like the Trump Charity, he potentially can lose his wealth, and then criminal charges brought bolstered by what is discovered in the civil part. They will also have Trump's tax and financial records in minute detail.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Well. How about that.

ezgif_4_71f206d745.gif

Hope Trump is ready for his.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Burpo

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Speaking of possible indictments

It appears the SDNY may be looking into Trump obstruction.

It is also true that the SDNY is less likely to put up with BS and depending on the nature of a crime, the "memo" may fly out the window. An indictment may be on the table, although prosecution while in office may not happen. Trump can count down the days until his arrest. I like that idea.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Also it was reported this morning that the top prosecutor on the team, that Weisman fellow, has left the special council, so the investigations are essentially complete at this point. The top FBI guy and the top prosecutor, along with dozens of other team members are already gone and working in other sectors.

Looks like a couple of weeks or so before the report is out.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
House voted 420-0 to make the findings public. Well, as public as they can be made anyway... Still some wiggle room for the GOP to classify the shit out of everything.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Also it was reported this morning that the top prosecutor on the team, that Weisman fellow, has left the special council, so the investigations are essentially complete at this point. The top FBI guy and the top prosecutor, along with dozens of other team members are already gone and working in other sectors.

Formatting in progress.

dyna

Oct 20, 2006
House voted 420-0 to make the findings public. Well, as public as they can be made anyway... Still some wiggle room for the GOP to classify the shit out of everything.

I think the Democrats got baited into voting for this. Regardless, everything about this investigation should be transparent. We should be doing this for every president elect or never doing again. We will never know what happened unless it is 100% transparent. I can't imagine any information about an election investigation that should be redacted. One side wants to know if there is something criminal not being reported and the other wants to know if this was a politically motivated shit show.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

I dont think its complete man. I think the investgation was shut down as soon as the new attorney general showed up.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I think we’ll be left with more questions than answers. I can’t believe Jr mint and Jared didn’t get indicted.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Graham just blocked it from proceeding in the Senate.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There are still way too many loose threads and unanswered questions for Mueller to just wrap up and push out a report in 2 weeks:

- What's going on with that mysterious state-owned foreign company that saw dozens of sealed motions in December/January and went all the way to SCOTUS?
- What's going on with Jerome Corsi--is he going to be indicted? Did he avoid indictment just by retracting his Seth Rich story? I'm confused...
- What's gonna happen to Erik Prince, who is now on record as lying about not attending certain meetings with certain foreign agents? Is Nader's cooperation going to yield any fruit on what went down in the Seychelles?
- Whatever happened with Alfa Bank and that mysterious server in Trump Tower?
- What about the 18 (as of my last count) sealed indictments still sitting in the DC docket?