Incomprehensible mass shooting happens again

Page 84 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Or to quote one dad from Uvalde:

“It’s like wiping your ass before you take a shit,” Brett Cross, who’s son Uziyah Garcia was killed in Uvalde, wrote on Twitter. “Let’s identify kids after they’ve been murdered instead of fixing issues that could ultimately prevent them from being murdered.”
Texas appears to be the ultimate seat of hypocrisy in the USA, to me anyway.

Reactions: Pohemi

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
If you haven't seen the CNN video interview of the man who stopped the shooting, it's an absolute gut wrencher. There are the parts where he talks about his daughter's boyfriend dying and the fact that now his family has to go through the same shit dealing with aftermath of combat like he had to after tours of Iraq and Afghanistan. What really got me was him taking care of a married couple that were wounded and making sure the husband could hold the wife's hand because Richard didn't know if they would die.

Army veteran Richard Fierro describes the moment he took down the Club Q gunman | CNN

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
If you haven't seen the CNN video interview of the man who stopped the shooting, it's an absolute gut wrencher. There are the parts where he talks about his daughter's boyfriend dying and the fact that now his family has to go through the same shit dealing with aftermath of combat like he had to after tours of Iraq and Afghanistan. What really got me was him taking care of a married couple that were wounded and making sure the husband could hold the wife's hand because Richard didn't know if they would die.

Army veteran Richard Fierro describes the moment he took down the Club Q gunman | CNN

Well fuck that guy. Clearly he was a groomer because he was there to see a drag show, which is what is destroying our moral fabric!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Dec 10, 2005

It seems that no matter how many times these shootings happen and people tell their stories, that others will continue to ignore the facts in favor of jerking off with their precious guns.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It seems that no matter how many times these shootings happen and people tell their stories, that others will continue to ignore the facts in favor of jerking off with their precious guns.
Ice T got it right, killers are killers, no matter what the flavor:

Reactions: Drach

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
There was no military back when the 2A was passed. It's a very different country now.

True which is why the states wanted a guarantee to have a way protect themselves. Of course the founding fathers were also concerned about states not being concerned with the whole country or disregarding the needs of the federal government, which is why they have article 1 section 8 clause 15 & 16, so it was clear who and what could be called upon at the state and federal level.

That being said, a National army was created after Washington had made multiple requests. So the 2nd was created to ensure the states has the right to have militias and protect itself from foreign and domestic attacks.

Interestingly, none of the debate about the 2nd at the time was about individual rights, instead they debated about the original draft, each line and order of importance and whether or not there should be religious exemptions (such as conscientious objectors).

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
JUST popped up on AP's site while I was on doing my daily scan. Multiple killed in a Virginia Walmart.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
jfc another one...

View attachment 71651

and here's what will happen

View attachment 71652

As I say about the horrors of living in a red state....
Nothing is gonna to change. Nothing will change nationally and nothing will change locally under red leadership. Gerrymandering to steal elections, wars against minorities, wars against immigrants, wars against the gay community, the insane love for guns, yep... nothing is gonna to change. Never under red control.
So what is one to do when they find themselves caught up in such despicable circumstances? Move away. Leave. Find a more friendly, civil environment be it another state or another country. Yeah I know, who is going to actually leave the country? Well, eventually things will become so unbearable, so incredible insane that in order to maintain your sanity you will have no choice but to find greener pastures. I know its hard but it comes down to your very survival.

Until members of congress themselves fall victim to gun violence in mass proportions, nothing will change. But you can bet if a lunatic with a gun gained access to the congress and caused the same carnage as we see in our schools, our theaters, and our Walmarts, you can bet congress would the next day enact strict gun controls. Strict gun controls applicable only to congress itself. Congress would protect themselves with enacting strict laws while the rest of the country continue to face gun violence on a daily basis.
And then you have that other factor.... people are just plain nutz. No one, NO ONE should be allowed to own or carry a gun. NO one is stable enough to own any gun, not in America.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yet another bullshit position by the right they tolerate when it’s on of their own. They claim gay people and drag queens are groomers yet they supported an actual groomer Roy Moore for Senate

Why don’t you people just stop? Every outrage from you is projection

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
Club Q suspect is being reported as non-binary.

I've seen it all. Now we've got non-binary Republicans.

Unbelievable.

This is about to make my head explode like the time I learned there's black Muslim Republicans.

This is just too much. It has to stop.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004

Unbelievable.

This is about to make my head explode like the time I learned there's black Muslim Republicans.

Hmmm I thought that was the default for conservatives, it would explain the inner turmoil constant struggle with identity they try to fight off by doing manly things.

Mar 11, 2004
Translation: he and his supporters approve of the mass murder of LGBT, but it's socially unacceptable for them to say so out loud.

Meanwhile they're grooming kids for hate and to be quiet when they rape them. That's the real crime according to them is the kids telling on all the fine upstanding right wing pedophiles.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Unbelievable.

I am extremely cynical of this claim by defense attorneys. It is almost certainly a baldfaced lie intended to muddy public opinion and to attempt to avoid hate crime charges.