I must get REVENGE!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
You could always shove your co-worker into a corner and tell him that if he doesn't stop acting like a child, you'll kick his ass.

WTF is with people doing stupid shit like this at worK?

You want to "play," do it outside the workplace.

does it physically hurt being so old and cranky?

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
No. Does it physically hurt to be so stupid?

Fucking kids...always want to play...even when they're supposed to be working.

Even though I agree with you that work should be done at work and that work is no place for play. BUT these guys normally put in 50+ hours a week I guess they are allowed a little bit of fun?

Oh we're not being paid hourly :\

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Another thing you can do is stick weld the lock on his office door.

Stick welding is a lot easier than it sounds. All you need is a car battery, some wire, and some solder.
-jumper the negative terminal of the car battery to the door handle
-jumper the positive terminal of the car battery to a spool of lead solder
-begin welding by feeding the solder into the lock
-current flows from the battery, into the spool of solder, into the lock, into the door handle, and back into the battery

Wear protective gloves and goggles! If it makes a bunch of light, just look away. You don't need a UV face shield because you don't need to look at it while you're doing it.

So much work for something that can be done quickly, elegantly, and safely.

Get a box of small wooden matches. Stick one/two into lock and break off. (Wooden end in first, not the head end.) He'll have to call a locksmith to get them out but this doesn't destroy anything.....just damned annoying!

FDF12389

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2005
I did a lot actually BUT since he has to hook everything up to his laptop and the fact that his monitor face his cubicle entrance kinda makes the plan to break

Does he have a cloth chair or leather? Cloth chairs can hold a lot of water in the cushion without being noticeable.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Fucking kids...always want to play...even when they're supposed to be working.

Believe it or not, dude, there are workplaces in the world where the two things can coexist nicely. Plenty of my time is spent waiting on others - guess what I do while I'm waiting. I "play".

Sometimes, that means reading up on stuff that interested me and sometimes that stuff helps me do my job better in the long run. Sometimes it means playing grabass.

You can't possibly tell me that in your entire career, during any downtime you've had, you've been 100% productive. Maybe you can TELL me that, but I won't believe it.

Does he have a cloth chair or leather? Cloth chairs can hold a lot of water in the cushion without being noticeable.

:thumbsup:

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
I like the office reference idea, but you should just go with the classic stapler-in-a-jello-mold vandalism.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Believe it or not, dude, there are workplaces in the world where the two things can coexist nicely. Plenty of my time is spent waiting on others - guess what I do while I'm waiting. I "play".

Sometimes, that means reading up on stuff that interested me and sometimes that stuff helps me do my job better in the long run. Sometimes it means playing grabass.

You can't possibly tell me that in your entire career, during any downtime you've had, you've been 100% productive. Maybe you can TELL me that, but I won't believe it.

:thumbsup:

100% productive all the time? Impossible, but there's always work that needs doing. Sometimes it's just "busy work" that keeps you occupied when you don't have "productive work," sometimes it's preventative maintenance...sometimes it's cleaning...

Remember, I worked construction most of my life...if you aren't being productive...you go home...maybe never to return. There was no place for horseplay, grab-ass, or play of any kind. You got paid an honest wage for an honest day's work.

Of course, there were occasionally days where, as you say, you're waiting on other people to do their work before you can do yours...but IMO, that time is best spent doing other tasks than by fucking off.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
await next prank, flip out and violently beat/destroy whatever piece of office equipment is involved. then at the top of your lungs scream to the whole office that if you find the fucker who is fucking with you that you will cut off his balls and sew them to his chin.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Remember, I worked construction most of my life...if you aren't being productive...you go home...maybe never to return. There was no place for horseplay, grab-ass, or play of any kind. You got paid an honest wage for an honest day's work.

You're right, of course, about that environment. Unless it's a Union site - and then there are laborers for most of that busy work ;)

Realize, however, not everyone's in that sort of environment. Especially the crowd here - LOTS of desk jockeys. Including me.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Of course, there were occasionally days where, as you say, you're waiting on other people to do their work before you can do yours...but IMO, that time is best spent doing other tasks than by fucking off.

Around here the older people just leave. One guy goes home at 3pm on a regular basis because there's nothing else he can do for the remaining hour and a half. Salary is awesome (for him) :D

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You're right, of course, about that environment. Unless it's a Union site - and then there are laborers for most of that busy work ;)

Realize, however, not everyone's in that sort of environment. Especially the crowd here - LOTS of desk jockeys. Including me.

Nah, union laborers don't do our work...or when they do, we file a grievance...and it costs the employer more than if they'd have just sent the laborer home...(wages & benefits x 125%)
Besides, the laborers usually have their own "busy work" to do...

i don't play at work. and i'm not stupid. what else do you have, curmudgeon?

Apparently, a better grasp of grammar and punctuation...as well as capitalization skills...and a VERY strong work ethic. :p

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
how does this sound:

I will cover his entire work area with aluminum foil
then I shall get dixi cups and fill them half full of water and place 1 billion of them on top of everything!

Oct 20, 2005
If you watched last week's episode of the office the prank Jim pulls on Dwight was played on me today:

A co-worker put stuff behind my large drawer that stopped me from closing it all the way.
drove me nuts till I found it.

THEN he put something near the front that kept it closing by a centimeter which caused me to bring the Jesus out of Allah...

Anyone have any ideas for revenge?

Actually, Jim causes Dwight's drawers to only open 2 inches, none of which the pranks done to you were.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Apparently, a better grasp of grammar and punctuation...as well as capitalization skills...and a VERY strong work ethic. :p

no, no, don't care. i know HOW to, i just don't care to. i've got that as well, i'm not just grouchy and in everyone's business. shouldn't you be making sure there aren't kids on your lawn? :p