i hate to cut in line about a certain thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
It is no suprise to me that someone who flashes their brights and rides peoples ass needs to make another thread to make sure everyone looks at his post, let the babies have their way I suppose.

jdini76

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Sraaz
I don't block to show "power." I block because it's funny as hell to see peoples reactions in my rearview mirror.

Exactly. and who is really "showing power" when you flash your headlights and expecting us to just move over for you!

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Turin39789
I don't block to show "power." I block because it's funny as hell to see peoples reactions in my rearview mirror.

Forgot to mention when I posted this: I always drive 5mph over. If I'm driving and someone is catching up to me at an insane speed then I will block your fucking ass in. You follow the law first.

You are creating unsafe driving conditions and are a douche. Just move over, then get back when someone moving faster than you comes up behind you. It's not that hard. It's also important to stop at stop signs, and yield at yield signs.

I'm creating unsafe-r driving conditions than some idiot going 90? No. No I'm not. And I don't do it to make people follow the law, that's just the excuse everyone has been saying: "Follow the law and get over to the right!"

Nope, the look on your face when you have to slow down is just god damn priceless. Yup, it makes me an asshole, but welcome to life, you get to deal with people like me who use random strangers as play things.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Are you one of those drivers that gets road rage when someone doesn't move over for you and then you really recklessly start tail gating, change lanes wicked fast, floor it, and get in front of the guy? If so, I hope you die in a fire simply because that kind of crap is why people get killed or seriously injured on the highway. If not and you safely do what you need to do then fine.

btw, I personally try to be courteous and get our of the way of people going faster than me and I appreciate it when people do the same for me so I understand your frustration, but just make sure you draw the line when it comes to safety. This crap is never worth risking people's lives.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

Forgot to mention when I posted this: I always drive 5mph over. If I'm driving and someone is catching up to me at an insane speed then I will block your fucking ass in. You follow the law first.

You are creating unsafe driving conditions and are a douche. Just move over, then get back when someone moving faster than you comes up behind you. It's not that hard. It's also important to stop at stop signs, and yield at yield signs.

I'm creating unsafe-r driving conditions than some idiot going 90? No. No I'm not. And I don't do it to make people follow the law, that's just the excuse everyone has been saying: "Follow the law and get over to the right!"

Nope, the look on your face when you have to slow down is just god damn priceless. Yup, it makes me an asshole, but welcome to life, you get to deal with people like me who use random strangers as play things.

I'd just like to suggest that you learn to look at driving as a form of commuting, and not as a game. You're going to run into someone with road rage someday.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Are you one of those drivers that gets road rage when someone doesn't move over for you and then you really recklessly start tail gating, change lanes wicked fast, floor it, and get in front of the guy? If so, I hope you die in a fire simply because that kind of crap is why people get killed or seriously injured on the highway. If not and you safely do what you need to do then fine.

btw, I personally try to be courteous and get our of the way of people going faster than me and I appreciate it when people do the same for me so I understand your frustration, but just make sure you draw the line when it comes to safety. This crap is never worth risking people's lives.

Me? Nope, I generally stay behind someone who is going slower than me (unless it's retarded slow, like 10 miles under the limit) unless the other lane(s) are wide open then I just get in one of them instead. If there's a lot of traffic then I will stay in whatever lane I need to be in for my destination. People who bob and weave to save 2 seconds are fucking stupid.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I'd just like to suggest that you learn to look at driving as a form of commuting, and not as a game. You're going to run into someone with road rage someday.

Probably. Then they'll do something stupid to me and I'll get to sue. God bless America.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

Probably. Then they'll do something stupid to me and I'll get to sue. God bless America.

Good luck with that. I'll continue to cede the fast lane to faster traffic.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Xavier434

You can only control yourself. Not other people. I just get the fuck out of the way as quick as possible so they can ride some one else's ass. I used to let it get to me, but its not worth the effort. Its not like I win dick dollars when I beat some one going 90 in a pissing match.

Look at it this way. That guy going 90 in front of you will flush out any cops waiting in speed traps and save you a ticket. So move out of the way and let him eat it.

Now what I really hate is when some one cuts me off and I have to slam on my brakes...WTF?

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

grow up asshat.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004

Or they'll murder you. Stupid crazy people can often be extreme.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

If you pulled this shit and started mocking me I would not hesistate to grab the closest empty glass bottle in my car and whip it at you. See how hard you are laughing then.

broon

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2002
I typically drive 5mph over. If I'm in my car I will move over for someone going faster IF it's not rush hour and IF there isn't already a huge line of cars in front of me. If I'm on my motorcycle I don't move over unless you are a cop/emergency vehicle and want to go faster than 5 over. The left lane is the safest lane for me and I'm not getting out of it until it's time for me to get off the highway.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim

If you pulled this shit and started mocking me I would not hesistate to grab the closest empty glass bottle in my car and whip it at you. See how hard you are laughing then.

You are such a liar, you wouldnt have the guts.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: jandrews

LOL. You don't know me very well. I have waved people to the side of the road and had face to face confrontations before. I've nearly brought an old lady to tears for not letting me merge. I would think nothing of throwing a bottle at a deserving asshole.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
LOL

these threads crack me up.. for the simple fact that 98% of the people saying 'i move over' probably do just the opposite, but want to take the 'moral high road' in these arguments.

You wanna know something? If you flash your lights because you want to speed... you are, what is commonly called 'aggressive driving' .. and the cops will pull you over faster than they will someone who goes slower in the left lane.

The NHTSA considers aggressive driving a big issue and implores law enforcement to target these drivers.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006

I wouldn't give a fucking shit. My windows would be up because I don't drive with them down. You'd at the MOST scratch my vehicle. OH NOES! NOT A SCRATCH! It's a fucking car used to get me from point A to B, I don't care.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000

LOL. You don't know me very well. I have waved people to the side of the road and had face to face confrontations before. I've nearly brought an old lady to tears for not letting me merge. I would think nothing of throwing a bottle at a deserving asshole.

You sir, deserve to be in jail for serious road rage and aggressive driving. Try that with me, and i'd call the cops faster than you can say 'move over'.

i have done it before and would not hesistate to do it again.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007

So you have anger management issues, I think that hurts your point more than it helps it sir.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

I wouldn't give a fucking shit. My windows would be up because I don't drive with them down. You'd at the MOST scratch my vehicle. OH NOES! NOT A SCRATCH! It's a fucking car used to get me from point A to B, I don't care.

lol

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: guyver01

You sir, deserve to be in jail for serious road rage and aggressive driving. Try that with me, and i'd call the cops faster than you can say 'move over'.

wtf are you talking about, you called the cops on someone for throwing a bottle out the window? These threads truly are humorous, a bunch of accusations and threats that no one would ever ever back up not to mention you would never see any of these people in real life, internet tough guys, bad to the bone :cool:

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006

lol

Is that an "lol" because you don't believe me? Come drive behind me and throw it then. I'll smile and wave.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000

wtf are you talking about, you called the cops on someone for throwing a bottle out the window? These threads truly are humorous, a bunch of accusations and threats that no one would ever ever back up not to mention you would never see any of these people in real life, internet tough guys, bad to the bone :cool:

No ar-tard. i've called the cops on drivers i've seen that have serious aggressive driving issues on the road... swerving in and out of lanes, 'bump drafting' .. and hell yes... if you threw a bottle at MY CAR.. i'd call the cops. Thats vandalism and creating a hazardous driving condition.

Not to mention i'd sue your ass for the damage caused to my car.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

I don't have a problem with 97% of drivers. its the 3% that i have no tolerance for.

the guy I waved to pull over tried to cut me off at an intersection when he had a stop sign and I didnt have any traffic signal. I saw him flipping out when I continued with my "right of way" and so I waved him to pull over. He did and Told him why he was a an idiot and that was the end of that. No physical violence necessary.

The old lady put in a position where I was going to be facing on coming traffic. 2 lanes going down to 1. Signs say alternatng merge. She refused to let me in although it was clearly my turn and I was about be in the oncoming traffic lane.

Just don't put me in a position and I won't get mad. If you are going drive like an asshole playing lead blocker and then mocking me.....yeah your going to get the nearest thing I can grab whipped atyour car. if that makes me a bad person i don't care.