How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 263 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012
How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45?

Gee - when you figure out that number tell me who killed John F. Kennedy would ya now "laddie" :rolleyes:

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012
Try again harder.
Oh poop but I've been a good boy :)

Hard to say - he never factored in what the Marine Corps did with South Korea. Using the WHO testing kits months.... months ahead of everyone else and implementing effective quarantine measures that have kept that nation's case rate ... one sec at...

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

I mean Christ that is our own military... *shaking head* I don't know about a solid number but I know actually trying would have helped

Anyway I gotta go to class enjoy the post :)

Reactions: Thump553

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The ignorant freedumb lovers have been weaponized from the top.

A consistent scientific message form the executive branch sure would be nice. trump had the power to broadcast facts to all of America regularly. Can you imagine if instead of trying to get votes he simply fed us the most updated intimation on how to help fight covid? He cold do that once every two weeks and then end with please don't forget to do your part and wear a mask.

I dunno why so many american relish ignorance, but it hurts us all.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The collapse of our medical system is how we'd actually achieve more deaths than other nations. Otherwise we simply remain ahead of the curve on infection rate. Absent that sort of collapse - they will simply catch up to us when the dust settles.
There is a way to not overwhelm the medical system. Not be a fucking stupid trumpanzee, wear a fucking mask.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I think you need to play video. It shows how it goes from blue to red states as the worst infection rate.

It's like a real-time visualisation of some kind of sorting algorithm. Red-states gradually "bubble" to the top.

Though - is New York State missing?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's like a real-time visualisation of some kind of sorting algorithm. Red-states gradually "bubble" to the top.

Though - is New York State missing?

Don't think so, it's sorted by cases per 1 million population, and it starts at June, NY would be earlier, see below

Direct link https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/state-by-state-total-cases-by-date

I included a pic sorted by cases per 1 million population

You see in March-April, the northeast got it good, but we all locked down hard starting mid March. Took about a month for close to 100% compliance and businesses to come up with rules, and you can see my mid may our case count started to drop consistently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-100701.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018-100701.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Ajay

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012
I dunno why so many american relish ignorance, but it hurts us all.
Just a guess here - "Because we can"? *shrugs* I don't know either but many people here like to deny things even though we already fought a freaking Civil War over some of them. Or outright revise history altogether. "Well actually it was" Not much else it could have been when they put a bullet through Lincoln's brain I just respond back...
Nice little graphic here. Really shows off all the blue state tragedies, made worse by all those burning cities I would imagine.

Arizona is "slightly Republican" lol is this accurate? - Sorry that came off accusatory..... are you sure about that graph rather?

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Just a guess here - "Because we can"? *shrugs* I don't know either but many people here like to deny things even though we already fought a freaking Civil War over some of them. Or outright revise history altogether. "Well actually it was" Not much else it could have been when they put a bullet through Lincoln's brain I just respond back...

Arizona is "slightly Republican" lol is this accurate?
Afaik, yes. AZ is a purple state last I knew

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'll give you a chance to review the link. First, sort by total cases per 1m population, then sort on total deaths per 1m population. Were even losing to italy, which did have a "collapse" of their medical system.

Italy is #69 in number of cases per million.
We are #12. As I told you, we are ahead of the curve.

Deaths per million is a function of BOTH spread of infection AND of failures to manage COVID cases.
Deaths due to spread of infection are not a failure. That aspect is rather inevitable. Most other nations will catch up to us in that way over the next couple of years.

Deaths per million are not comparable until the spread of infection equalizes. Until the globe has actually finished going through this. Only when the "dust settles" will we know how badly we handled COVID compared to other nations. I added that medical care / hospital failure is a sign of failure.

The weird part here is that you won't have a full on collapse of our medical system because we're a spread out country. You *may* have some specific examples of one are at a time being overwhelmed. So by your measurement, we'll basically never fail.

You are adding the "full on" concept to this discussion. That is not some requirement I have applied or even mentioned. New York was close to breaking, but it did not break. I do fear we will have hospitals fail in the Mid West rather soon. But such things have not yet occurred.

If and when it does occur - is Trump solely responsible? Do the Governors, Mayors, Police, and local people not also bear some responsibly for their own actions? Isn't America's FYGM culture of freedumb responsible? We view social responsibly VERY differently than Asia, for example. South Korea is doing rather well. But like Europe our people, our economies, our jobs cannot be locked down forever. Heck, America's economic system (or lackthereof) is responsible for our pressing need, fear, and desire to return to normal. To get back to work and keep the roofs over our heads. Americans must juggle between social distancing and having money to buy food.

If we do prove a failure at the end of this trial, we have many a soul searching question to ask ourselves. And I would squarely point the finger at lack of Basic Income. Lack of secured housing. The fact that we evict ANYONE is disgusting. Yet we do it by the millions during this crisis. There is so much blame to go around - and a LOT of it is ideological. Ours is an economic system that kills people.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

A ridiculous assertion, as each country is handling this their own way. If you dig thru the data, some countries had a reprieve, others didn't. Italy got wrecked end of winter / spring '20. And their full lockdown successfully gave them a break.

Deaths per million is a function of BOTH spread of infection AND of failures to manage COVID cases.
Deaths due to spread of infection are not a failure. That aspect is rather inevitable. Most other nations will catch up to us in that way over the next couple of years.

I personally haven't said that there should be ZERO deaths or we failed. That's a ridiculous assertion. What happens with other nations over the next coupe years is up to them and a viable vaccine. I'm not sure how you can make that statement with other critical variables in play.

Deaths per million are not comparable until the spread of infection equalizes. Until the globe has actually finished going through this. Only when the "dust settles" will we know how badly we handled COVID compared to other nations. I added that medical care / hospital failure is a sign of failure.

We don't need to wait to review our country objectively. Our opinion can be swayed with more data down the road, but that doesn't mean we can't look at the current data and state our opinion, measured against other first world nations.

You are adding the "full on" concept to this discussion. That is not some requirement I have applied or even mentioned. New York was close to breaking, but it did not break. I do fear we will have hospitals fail in the Mid West rather soon. But such things have not yet occurred.

Oh, by all means, define what you mean by collapse then. NYC was posting 500+ deaths during April.

More concerning is the elevated mortality rate in New York City. As has been well documented, some of this is due to the tragic overwhelming of the city's hospitals. We will never know just how many people died due to the country's inept preparation for the pandemic, but the impact surely was, and still is, substantial.

I mean, if you think NYC hospitals weren't overwhelmed, you have nobody but yourself to blame for it. The information was available for the last 6 months.

As far as the midwest goes, *shrug*, hope the covid parties were worth it. But still, by your own measurement, it's not a failure.

If and when it does occur - is Trump solely responsible? Do the Governors, Mayors, Police, and local people not also bear some responsibly for their own actions? Isn't America's FYGM culture of freedumb responsible? We view social responsibly VERY differently than Asia, for example. South Korea is doing rather well. But like Europe our people, our economies, our jobs cannot be locked down forever. Heck, America's economic system (or lackthereof) is responsible for our pressing need, fear, and desire to return to normal. To get back to work and keep the roofs over our heads. Americans must juggle between social distancing and having money to buy food.

Trump certainly carries responsibility as the elected leader of the country, given the task of leading and protecting Americans, not just 'Muricans. And yes, his enablers, other irresponsible politicians and leaders, and citizens carry responsibility.

If we do prove a failure at the end of this trial, we have many a soul searching question to ask ourselves. And I would squarely point the finger at lack of Basic Income. Lack of secured housing. The fact that we evict ANYONE is disgusting. Yet we do it by the millions during this crisis. There is so much blame to go around - and a LOT of it is ideological. Ours is an economic system that kills people.

I think we've already determined we won't be a failure. If you think differently, then provide the measurement you'll use to consider it a failure.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It's insane to posit that the US is doing anything like fine when the POTUS is rallying his maskless morons all over the country. Anybody who thinks that's fine is out of their mind. It fits right in with the way he's handled it from the start.
I'm curious to see if spikes where he's held rallies appear.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yeah the exponential growth really not a concern. Stop kidding yourself with this ahead of the curve nonsense.

As for the shutdowns. If the initial shutdown lasted longer, reopening could have been planned more safely and any infection surge could have been handed better. Short term pain for long term benefits.

But of course the governor's are to blame. DeSantis and Abbot need to be held criminally responsible for their releckness.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Absolutely rediculous at it's face. The whole point is to limit infectious spread until a vaccine is developed. This isn't 1400's London. By all accounts we'll have a proper vaccine in q1/2 next year, global deployments of hundreds of millions of doses by q3/4. Literally all anyone had to do was stay the fuck at home and interact with their family, and pick up a fucking hobby, and we'd be in a much better place, with less missing family members.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
<wall of bs text omitted.
The US accounts for 4% of the planets population
The US accounts for 20.1% of the planets COVID body count.
The US accounts for 20.8% of the planets COVID cases.

So let's hear it... "we're #1, we're #1, go amurica, we're #1, we're #1, we're #1, yea amurica, we're #1,"