How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Clearly you don't understand the question in the poll.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

The correct answer is, and always will be, 0.
How many dead in Russia?
Why are you doing this?

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
It's obvious isn't it? It's the same argument as the stupid "Guns don't kill people. They're just tools. Ban pencils 'cuz you can stab someone in the eye!"

"Trump didn't kill those people! The virus did!"

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I mean the BEST case argument for green and company is that better testing and preventive measures would only have delayed the outcome... dont mind the whole flatten the curve or isolate vulnerable elderly or getting more ventilators or or or or anything like that, look beyond those measures and the best case argument for the ..... these people is that dead people would have died anyway...later. They would have died, just later. SO in effect, Trumps inaction have just pushed peoples d-date up by a couple of weeks, months maybe. Actually when you think about it its almost like a mercy kill isnt it? Merciful Trump.

Bind bending retarded line of thought is what it is.

edit: Russia seems to have it under control, maybe they will be able to ride it out until a vaccine is ready?

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
jesus read this guys account of getting sick in our medical system...

fucking doctors telling him to take ubers and shit? Like the fuck?

"I asked him if I tested positive for code 19 and they told me they would not be able to give me that information unless I pay them $200 over the phone."

fucking lol
Cool story!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I mean the BEST case argument for green and company is that better testing and preventive measures would only have delayed the outcome... dont mind the whole flatten the curve or isolate vulnerable elderly or getting more ventilators or or or or anything like that, look beyond those measures and the best case argument for the ..... these people is that dead people would have died anyway...later. They would have died, just later. SO in effect, Trumps inaction have just pushed peoples d-date up by a couple of weeks, months maybe. Actually when you think about it its almost like a mercy kill isnt it? Merciful Trump.

Bind bending retarded line of thought is what it is.

edit: Russia seems to have it under control, maybe they will be able to ride it out until a vaccine is ready?

An argument which is entirely wrong of course. A glance at the infection and death figures for other countries makes it extremely clear that some are did things right early and others ignored the problem.

The only way to defend Trump's lack of interest and action is you convince yourself that this outcome was inevitable. This is a gross lie.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
you think its fake eh?

Being on Facebook makes all aspects of this true and his perspective correct? Funny thing is that I've never had anyone laugh at me on the phone from the medical profession- ever even if they didn't know my background. Nor my family members or people I know IRL, which is quite a few. It is possible that he demanded what could not be had and he was a dick about it which got him hung up on. Pro-tip- no one has to take all shit handed out to them.

Now post the other side of this encounter and we can make an assessment. No? Thought not.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Poll says how many people will die due to Trump's indifference/incompetence. I still see zero dead due to that. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, I see a bunch of paranoid or giddy people thinking that more than 1 million will die. Wow! You guys really do live in an alternate reality.
I do not know nor have I seen ANYONE "giddy" over the propect of the many projected deaths from this thing.

I guess you win liar of the week. However pretty hard to top the perennial winner, Trump

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
An argument which is entirely wrong of course. A glance at the infection and death figures for other countries makes it extremely clear that some are did things right early and others ignored the problem.

The only way to defend Trump's lack of interest and action is you convince yourself that this outcome was inevitable. This is a gross lie.

All we have to do is look at SK and Japan. Both acted quickly. Both had confirmed cases round the same time as the US. Their outbreaks were contained ours is not. Their leaders acted. Ours did not. The blood of all the dead that occurs from this in the US is squarely on Trump and Co. hands. He had acted appropriately as President, we would not be careening off a cliff.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Sorry I was replying to your post which had no verification.

Duh it's facebook and people heard of him! Not really a good argument in the establishment of truth, but who needs that, eh?

read down a few of his posts and tell me why you think his account is fake.

And then tell everyone you worked in the medical field and have a vested interest in the status quo.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
All we have to do is look at SK and Japan. Both acted quickly. Both had confirmed cases round the same time as the US. Their outbreaks were contained ours is not. Their leaders acted. Ours did not. The blood of all the dead that occurs from this in the US is squarely on Trump and Co. hands. He had acted appropriately as President, we would not be careening off a cliff.

Things were done poorly but it would have been impossible to contain the virus. The lack of testing IMO is the greatest potential threat for people and that will trickle outwards which is why I went with 100 but really think more but south of 500.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
read down a few of his posts and tell me why you think his account is fake.

And then tell everyone you worked in the medical field and have a vested interest in the status quo.

I didn't say his account is fake so that's pretty dumb on your part. It's his account of the situation I question. And yes I am part of health care and I have a vested interest in intelligent and proper change. I'm also a late Boomer so you can blame everyone in your ignorance. Guess what? Testing needs to be available for everyone without breaking the bank so they can treat people who are genuinely ill.

You can of course (well no) find where I suggested that it should be otherwise.

Good luck Boomer!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I didn't say his account is fake so that's pretty dumb on your part. It's his account of the situation I question. And yes I am part of health care and I have a vested interest in intelligent and proper change. I'm also a late Boomer so you can blame everyone in your ignorance. Guess what? Testing needs to be available for everyone without breaking the bank so they can treat people who are genuinely ill.

You can of course (well no) find where I suggested that it should be otherwise.

Good luck Boomer!
you cant have it both ways. Either he is faking it or not. What about his account to you think is false?

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Things were done poorly but it would have been impossible to contain the virus. The lack of testing IMO is the greatest potential threat for people and that will trickle outwards which is why I went with 100 but really think more but south of 500.

I don’t know why people keep saying this. Countries that took it seriously have it fairly well contained. Our outbreak essentially started around the same time as Japan and SK. They tested and isolated it and successfully bent their curve, the us did relatively nothing which has lead to the explosion in cases. We essentially let it spread unabated for 1.5 months.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Though there's the version of the graph Trump will probably present at a press conference

View attachment 18436

You joke... but then there's this....

In strategic shift, doctors in America's two largest cities are told to skip some coronavirus testing
Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment.

Our numbers are going to start looking better, soon as we stop testing people!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don’t know why people keep saying this. Countries that took it seriously have it fairly well contained. Our outbreak essentially started around the same time as Japan and SK. They tested and isolated it and successfully bent their curve, the us did relatively nothing which has lead to the explosion in cases. We essentially let it spread unabated for 1.5 months.

people who like for profit healthcare say this.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
you cant have it both ways. Either he is faking it or not. What about his account to you think is false?

Actually the reality is usually somewhere between two accounts and you've presented one perspective of a possibly true event in terms of being sick. Sorry. He could have been sick and not be treated as badly as he describes, but because he wrote it it's God's Truth, right?

Sorry, you haven't anything supporting his literal description. How many times did the bad health pros laugh at you? Just curious as I and others IRL (as I've already said) haven't done so. Then how many times did they do with what's-his-name that you can demonstrate? That requires independent verification.

At this point you are just trolling badly because you have nothing to back your second hand account based on an unverifiable statement.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Actually the reality is usually somewhere between two accounts and you've presented one perspective of a possibly true event in terms of being sick. Sorry. He could have been sick and not be treated as badly as he describes, but because he wrote it it's God's Truth, right?

Sorry, you haven't anything supporting his literal description. How many times did the bad health pros laugh at you? Just curious as I and others IRL (as I've already said) haven't done so. Then how many times did they do with what's-his-name that you can demonstrate? That requires independent verification.

At this point you are just trolling badly because you have nothing to back your second hand account based on an unverifiable statement.

this health crisis will expose your industry. This is one of millions of stories that will come out. Im sure you will be ready to refute all of them.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

As I said we handled this poorly but at some point the test spin up for access here. In the meantime we have some deaths which go towards the total and getting our crap in order. After that? It's the course of the disease and not much can be done but due diligence. That's where I get that number, a speculative guess, but there comes a point where Trump (as much as I don't like him) isn't the cause of every death.

Where's the dividing line? My (again speculative) guess is what I said. It's a poll on ATPN based on unknowables so all I can do is give my reasoning.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
As I said we handled this poorly but at some point the test spin up for access here. In the meantime we have some deaths which go towards the total and getting our crap in order. After that? It's the course of the disease and not much can be done but due diligence. That's where I get that number, a speculative guess, but there comes a point where Trump (as much as I don't like him) isn't the cause of every death.

Where's the dividing line? My (again speculative) guess is what I said. It's a poll on ATPN based on unknowables so all I can do is give my reasoning.
So lets us hope that when Trump is actually not the cause of every death that the elections have taken place and we have a new president.....

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
this health crisis will expose your industry. This is one of millions of stories that will come out. Im sure you will be ready to refute all of them.

So how many millions of people got laughed at, besides yourself? How many millions abused by pros? How many can be independently verified as accurate?

Thought so. BTW, I'm having fun with your trolling so you can continue but understand that you really are arguing out your butt with no supporting evidence, but "oh the humanity" type crying.

Appeal to emotion with no facts isn't a good look brah. Hundreds of billions dead, because why not? It's not as if you need facts any more than Trump.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
So lets us hope that when Trump is actually not the cause of every death that the elections have taken place and we have a new president.....

I'm wondering if he's going to be a victim of his own doing, but I'm not feeling that lucky.