How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
For profit health is not equipped to deal with something like this. This is exactly the kind of health problem that is kryptonite to the industry. We need the poll to be revised with a top level of 2 million dead.

Government run healthcare isnt equipped to deal with much of anything thanks to american laziness and stupidity. Look at everything else the fed tries to control.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Meanwhile over in unrealityvile, Fox, Laura's pushing Trump's drug of choice in an effort to defend this clown of a president.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Government run healthcare isnt equipped to deal with much of anything thanks to american laziness and stupidity. Look at everything else the fed tries to control.

Yeh, don't need no gubmint dependency. Better to depend on the benevolence of ruthless roller coaster capitalism.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Does she have a good feeling it will work?
I don't get anybody on Fox, except for a few of their personnel, to be dispensers of truthful information.
Be that as it may, there is some evidence that in some cases, it may ameliorate the symptoms. Just because it's an FDA approved drug, does not mean it does not have some significant side effects.
Oh, and they are still on a campaign to blame China for spreading the virus. It's their mandate at the moment.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I don't get anybody on Fox, except for a few of their personnel, to be dispensers of truthful information.
Be that as it may, there is some evidence that in some cases, it may ameliorate the symptoms. Just because it's an FDA approved drug, does not mean it does not have some significant side effects.
Oh, and they are still on a campaign to blame China for spreading the virus. It's their mandate at the moment.

You don't like the Hannity hour of conspiracy propaganda? Top notch entertainment.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
It seems that Trump is frustrated and wants this to all end quickly. Think about it. His biggest accomplishment is the economy and the stock market. The stock market is doing horribly, and the economy will be soon to follow. It's not Trump's fault, but how is reacting is his fault. He's doing a horrible job IMO.

That’s because he doesn’t give a shit about the USA or anyone else, he only cares about himself.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

it isn't about the side effects, it's about the dosage and effectiveness. the dosage is a fine line between OK and deadly and the effectiveness has never existed in humans and outside of a lab.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
So are the 20 people that voted 0 going to change their votes seeing as we have already had way more than 0 deaths from this. I have thought that over 1 MILLION people in the United States and more than 50 MILLION worldwide will die since December.

Reactions: cytg111

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Why can't we have both?
*shrug* no one knows. Its all guessing.

I mean, one could claim that you can't know how this trend line is going to go from this point on, but it seems rather unlikely it's going to immediately level off (image nicked from that worldometers site's current graph for the US). Especially as we have examples from all the countries who are further along the line than the US. And also know something about how infectious diseases work.

1584787916338.png

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
That sort of outburst from Trump makes me wonder if there will actually be an election. He's neither a genius, nor, more importantly, does he seem that stable.

Yeah... If the reporters keep pushing his buttons and triggering temper tantrums like that, we might not even need an election to get of Trump. He'll get declared mentally unstable and the 25th Amendment takes care of this issue for us.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yeah as someone "in the trenches" of the IT side of this, there's A LOT of work happening right now.
Hospitals are in a scramble to assemble surge plans. One hospital I'm working with is literally preparing to stand up tents outside their hospital and convert conference rooms to bedded units. The physical space is one thing, but the logistics of having the proper equipment or hookups for that equipment is another thing entirely. Let alone the staff to cover that many extra patients.

We are also on a massive push to get telemedicine and telephone encounters built out so that providers can essentially do facetime consults with patients. This keeps sick people away from others, cuts down on PPE needs and can speed up the process.

The drive through testing is a really weird situation that is a massive pull on staffing, PPE, and documentation. It's not as simple as just driving your car through and getting a q-tip stuck up your nose. There is a need for registration, documentation and lab resulting that needs to be coordinated. These things take a ton of resources to build and deploy.

Yeah, I got a request to expand web service capacity for some of the health insurance companies that I work with. They're getting ready for the onslaught of patients as well.

I already stood up some pretty large server clusters for 2019 Open Enrollment, though, so I think that they'll hold as long as zombies do not invade the server room :)

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
So are the 20 people that voted 0 going to change their votes seeing as we have already had way more than 0 deaths from this. I have thought that over 1 MILLION people in the United States and more than 50 MILLION worldwide will die since December.
Poll says how many people will die due to Trump's indifference/incompetence. I still see zero dead due to that. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, I see a bunch of paranoid or giddy people thinking that more than 1 million will die. Wow! You guys really do live in an alternate reality.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous