How do we feel about papa joe this far into his presidency, would you vote for him in reelection?

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Bidfen says people think he's dumb...when he calls for congressman "doug...He then asked "where's Doug the congressman," apparently referring to Rep. Don Beyer.

No Joe youre not stupid. Youre just incompetent.

Maybe the POTUS Kamala can straighten it out?

inb4 yet another Biden gaffe

Hopefully he made it off the stage OK.
435 members of the House, think you could remember them all?

At least Biden didn't call Tim Cook Tim Apple

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Or accidentally misidentify his ex-wife in a deposition.

....when the confusion was because he couldn't remember which one they were talking about, in reference to the rape accusations (that he previous admitted in an earlier deposition).

"wait, which is the wife that I raped that we're talking about again? The european of the golf course one. Oh wait, the blonde american? beh"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bidfen says people think he's dumb...when he calls for congressman "doug...He then asked "where's Doug the congressman," apparently referring to Rep. Don Beyer.

I have to say the one thing you can’t call Biden is incompetent. The record of success he’s had with razor thin majorities is absolutely incredible.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I wish Joe was 10 years younger, honestly - but it doesn't work that way. His son's death took a lot of steam out of him. That's life.
But, there is a big difference between making gaffes in public compared to sitting down with his staff and hammering out good policy.
Look at his efforts to bring NATO together on both sanctions and military aide. The guy is patient and persistent and is strengthening western (and asian) alliances.
No easy feat post Covid (sort of) while under volatile economic conditions. He is very much underestimated - and he did in fact surround himself with the 'best' people.

I'm not claiming he is perfect, but the rest is nonsense.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

Apparently this poster has never been around anyone with multiple children ...

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wish Joe was 10 years younger, honestly - but it doesn't work that way. His son's death took a lot of steam out of him. That's life.
But, there is a big difference between making gaffes in public compared to sitting down with his staff and hammering out good policy.
Look at his efforts to bring NATO together on both sanctions and military aide. The guy is patient and persistent and is strengthening western (and asian) alliances.
No easy feat post Covid (sort of) while under volatile economic conditions. He is very much underestimated - and he did in fact surround himself with the 'best' people.

I'm not claiming he is perfect, but the rest is nonsense.
I definitely agree that Republicans believe too much of their own propaganda and this leads to them underestimating Biden over and over.

Look at what he’s done with Russia. Look at his list of legislative accomplishments. Real GDP growth (meaning after inflation) is up almost 7% since he took office. These are very real and very serious accomplishments.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Verbal sharpness is not the only factor that matters in a President, but it does seem that it will be an issue for Democrats if the Republicans pick someone much younger in the next election (and they go up against Biden). Would be much easier if the GOP goes with Trump.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Verbal sharpness is not the only factor that matters in a President, but it does seem that it will be an issue for Democrats if the Republicans pick someone much younger in the next election (and they go up against Biden). Would be much easier if the GOP goes with Trump.
I agree, it would be a significant advantage for his opponent to be able to portray themselves as the youthful change agent or whatever. I think there is a strong and growing desire in America for the Boomers to go away in politics as they have long overstayed their welcome.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Is this the one where Biden suggests sticking a UV light up our asses to cure COVID?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I definitely agree that Republicans believe too much of their own propaganda and this leads to them underestimating Biden over and over.

Look at what he’s done with Russia. Look at his list of legislative accomplishments. Real GDP growth (meaning after inflation) is up almost 7% since he took office. These are very real and very serious accomplishments.

They did the same thing with Pelosi, which led her to owning them so much she could claim their depreciation on her taxes.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I agree, it would be a significant advantage for his opponent to be able to portray themselves as the youthful change agent or whatever. I think there is a strong and growing desire in America for the Boomers to go away in politics as they have long overstayed their welcome.
As a Boomer, I completely agree.

Reactions: Pohemi

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Lol, I've been doing that with our new (1 yr) puppy calling them the name of our older dog that died 2+ yrs ago. And they look nothing alike.
That's nothing. I mix up my sons' names some times. They are ten years apart in age.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
My grandma used to yell out shar, can, do, bick to round up the 4 kids. Sharon Candace Doug and Bick.
She never got the names straight in her 40's

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
My grandma used to yell out shar, can, do, bick to round up the 4 kids. Sharon Candace Doug and Bick.
She never got the names straight in her 40's
Did she enunciate each shortened name separately? Or did it just kinda come out as a single word? Cuz I could picture that, lol.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I fault Biden for doing nothing about the southern border.

Months back, maybe even a year ago, I predicted New Yorker's Mayor would be forced to slash the municipal budget to pay for all these migrants.

But who do we have that the Left can nominate that will please most Democrats?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Joe Biden has real vision. Electric cars, education, employment, such vision for a old fart. Joe is not stuck in fossil fuels like so many of the current politicians AND political parties (one of them). But still, I'd prefer Joe not run in 2024. Democrats have so many incredible alternatives like minority speaker of the house Hakeem Jeffries and senator Jon Tester. I think Tester would appeal to bible belt republicans and independents, and he's a real yee-haw cowboy/farmer unlike that GW Bush fake. And we're going to need someone like Jeffries and Tester to go up against someone like DeSantis. If Trump and Giuliani had a child together the result would be Ron DeSantis.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I fault Biden for doing nothing about the southern border.

Months back, maybe even a year ago, I predicted New Yorker's Mayor would be forced to slash the municipal budget to pay for all these migrants.

But who do we have that the Left can nominate that will please most Democrats?
By doing nothing you mean continuing most of Trump’s policies while having to fight states in court to change anything? What specifically should Biden have done differently that actually complies with the US’s laws and treaty obligations?

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi