How do we feel about papa joe this far into his presidency, would you vote for him in reelection?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I'm pretty happy with Joe. We've gotten some bills through his hard work that I really wanted and a few I didn't.

When I vote for a governor for the state; I want him/her to be competent and focuses on important state issues above all. I don't like ideologues.
When I vote for a president for the country. I want him/her to be competent and focused on important national issues. I don't like ideologues.

I got pretty much what I wanted, he is very competent and doesn't get very distracted by the flavor of the week problem being blasted out by mass media.
I also find it heartening to see that he knows how to navigate US foreign relations at the highest levels - Obama was a bit weak in this area. Biden has the advantage of a long tenure in the senate to prepare him for this particularly difficult task (freaking herding cats).

Not the greatest president to me. I'd give that to the founding presidents who raised this nation from the ground up. I have a particular fondness for TDR - I wish all republicans fit his mold, rather than the current calamity it has become. TDR had his faults, but they all do.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Nothing in his posting history suggests he's a troll. AFAICT he really drinks the MAGA Kool-Aid religiously.

Sigh. So opposing Bidens bad presidency is akin to what you claim? Is the opposite also true then? Supporting all Bidens reckless policies is the same as drinking leftist Kool-Aid religiously?

Im not targeting you specifically since supporting the backwards and tragic policies of Biden doesnt make you a "kool aid" drinker but by the same token opposing all his nonsense doesnt make one either.

In fact, once a Republican takes the office of president in 2025 I suspect there will be nothing but opposition to everything he or she does starting the very first day in P&N. Thread after thread criticizing the securing of the border, keeping illegals out, funding the expansion of police forces to throw people in jail who steal and loot, balancing the budget and keeping our country economically stable.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
In fact, once a Republican takes the office of president in 2025 I suspect there will be nothing but opposition to everything he or she does starting the very first day in P&N.
Well it depends, if we get POTUS Cheney doubt many of us here will be complaining. But if DeSantis were to somehow to win, you really think he’d have sane policies?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
In fact, once a Republican takes the office of president in 2025 I suspect there will be nothing but opposition to everything he or she does starting the very first day in P&N. Thread after thread criticizing the securing of the border, keeping illegals out, funding the expansion of police forces to throw people in jail who steal and loot, balancing the budget and keeping our country economically stable.

see, points like the bolded are why no one takes republicans seriously. on top of everything else you listed of course.

but balancing the budget and economic stability? the only thing republicans can seem to do correctly is start an economic crisis.

republicans really wanted to invest in america so badly that they passed...exactly how many infrastructure bills in the 2016-2020 timeframe, for how many dollars?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Sigh. So opposing Bidens bad presidency is akin to what you claim? Is the opposite also true then? Supporting all Bidens reckless policies is the same as drinking leftist Kool-Aid religiously?

Im not targeting you specifically since supporting the backwards and tragic policies of Biden doesnt make you a "kool aid" drinker but by the same token opposing all his nonsense doesnt make one either.

Fuck off, traitor.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This reminds me of the hilarious 2020 Republican commercials where they talked about all the terrible things that would happen if a democrat were president by showing all the terrible things happening while a Republican was president.

Doesn’t it bother you even a little that these guys think so little of your intelligence that they think they can snow you like that?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

You are a kool aide drinker because when you get called on your bs or even simply asked to back up your claims you can’t, you don’t, or you won’t. I’m still waiting for you to respond to my questions about your immigration claims.

I can’t wait for you to ignore this post as well.

• Love
Reactions: Leeea and Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

god you're such useless fucking garbage. You know that, right?

Reactions: Pohemi

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Well it depends, if we get POTUS Cheney doubt many of us here will be complaining. But if DeSantis were to somehow to win, you really think he’d have sane policies?
Liz Cheney has a very reliable, conservative voting record in the House. Unless she believably tacks hard to the center, Democrats will not vote for her. She deserves kudos for not yielding to Trump's Big Lie, but that doesn't change her bedrock politics.

As ivwshane already pointed out, MAGA Kool-Aide drinker FelixDeClown casually throws out his Faux News talking points, but can never actually defend any position with facts or specifics. Felix loves to proclaim trickle down economics as successful policy, when it has proven to be an abject failure over the past 4 decades. And yet he questions why we dunk on his habitual stupidity. :tearsofjoy:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
What I find amazing about Biden is that he is such a cocky and wily president.

He controls gas prices so he raised them as the midterms approached to play a sort of reverse psychology and stymie the red wave and then he lowered gas prices after the midterms ended and the red wave turned out to be a slightly dripping sink.

I mean I don't know what kind of eight dimensional chest this guy is playing, It's way above my pay grade.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What I find amazing about Biden is that he is such a cocky and wily president.

He controls gas prices so he raised them as the midterms approached to play a sort of reverse psychology and stymie the red wave and then he lowered gas prices after the midterms ended and the red wave turned out to be a slightly dripping sink.

I mean I don't know what kind of eight dimensional chest this guy is playing, It's way above my pay grade.

Well he’s the greatest president ever!! I can’t wait till I get my “Biden” flags in to hang them on my Prius. I’ve already got a giant poster of him shirtless riding a mountain bike down a gnarly trail with his ripped body glistening in the sun. I’m looking to get some tshirts made too but I can’t decide if I want the “Biden on a cross” pic or something a little more low key like a “Biden is coming” game of thrones motif. I heard Ben & Jerry’s has a Biden ice cream coming out and I plan to stock up on that as soon as it hits the shelves.

Obviously I’m kidding but how fucking creepy and weird is that shit? Who idols a living politician like that?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well he’s the greatest president ever!! I can’t wait till I get my “Biden” flags in to hang them on my Prius. I’ve already got a giant poster of him shirtless riding a mountain bike down a gnarly trail with his ripped body glistening in the sun. I’m looking to get some tshirts made too but I can’t decide if I want the “Biden on a cross” pic or something a little more low key like a “Biden is coming” game of thrones motif. I heard Ben & Jerry’s has a Biden ice cream coming out and I plan to stock up on that as soon as it hits the shelves.

Obviously I’m kidding but how fucking creepy and weird is that shit? Who idols a living politician like that?

Magatards always struck me as the kind of people that really like winning those dart games at the state fair because they honestly value the airbrushed-logo-on-mirror prizes that you can win as something truly valuable and worth prominent display in their living spaces.

One thing you can say about Trump, he really knows his brand.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

To answer the bolded:

People who literally claim to be part of a religion that is opposed to the worship of idols.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
No Mayor Pete topic but he would totally own any R candidate in a debate

My sister in law asked me who I'd want for 2024 and I said "give 'em the [boot]!!" As in - I'd pick Buttigieg because he'd fucking crush it. The guy is so damn sharp and it's clear he prepares very, very well.

Now that he has some more political chops from being in the administration, he'd make an even better presidential candidate than in 2020.

Mar 11, 2004
You are a kool aide drinker because when you get called on your bs or even simply asked to back up your claims you can’t, you don’t, or you won’t. I’m still waiting for you to respond to my questions about your immigration claims.

I can’t wait for you to ignore this post as well.

Guys, come on. Let's call it what it is. Its not Kool-Aid (or even Flavor-ade), its piss. He's getting drunk on conservative political piss.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Bidfen says people think he's dumb...when he calls for congressman "doug...He then asked "where's Doug the congressman," apparently referring to Rep. Don Beyer.

No Joe youre not stupid. Youre just incompetent.

Maybe the POTUS Kamala can straighten it out?

inb4 yet another Biden gaffe

Hopefully he made it off the stage OK.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Bidfen says people think he's dumb...when he calls for congressman "doug...He then asked "where's Doug the congressman," apparently referring to Rep. Don Beyer.

He's old. Old people get words wrong occasionally. It's not exactly impressive, but nobody who supported Reagan (or Bush Snr, or Bush Jnr) has a leg to stand on when criticizing this sort of thing.
I still remember Reagan calling Princess Di "Princess David".

An awful lot of your Presidents are too old, you need to change the system somehow, so as to do something about that.

Edit - I mean the Bush's didn't even have the excuse of being old, they were just a bit dim.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

And you wonder why people question your motives and don’t take you seriously