How do we feel about papa joe this far into his presidency, would you vote for him in reelection?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I think he'd beat Trump but maybe not DeSantis. Would need someone younger to beat him.

Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
A vote for trump isn't necessarily endorsing that tool/fool, rather it is just a vote to not have this ridiculous liberal crap. I've wrote it before and now again, if i had to vote for a cardboard box vs liberal crap, I'd rather we had a cardboard box as president.

Biden is a senile idiot. He comes across as an angry (fearfull) dumbass who would threaten if he could get away with it. He was never capable and didn't get better as he aged. The only way he got elected was trump was also incompetent due to no social skills, and social media was blown up with tards who have no idea about reality because they spend their life watching social media crap.

I did not vote for trump last time, but given the checks and balances over what has transpired in the last year+, again I'd rather vote for a cardboard box as president rather than trump, but it beats Biden, all day long. Biden is a retarded idiot for trying to push the green agenda at the tail end of covid, when the last thing that america needs is extreme increase in food and energy/fuel/etc prices. We need a recovery period before that happens.

It takes a real dumbass to try to cripple a society like that.

what the fuck are you talking about?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I love what he did for lowering the gas prices. We'll see what the options are in the primary.
But I will vote party line Democrat in the general as always.

Reactions: Muse

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I love what he did for lowering the gas prices. We'll see what the options are in the primary.
But I will vote party line Democrat in the general as always.

Makes me chuckle how Biden was blamed for the rise in gas prices before the midterms and now that they're going back down after the midterms are over (what a coincidence yeah?) nobody from the conservative side is crediting him for that.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Biden has accomplished far more than he seems to be given credit for. And, personally, he's a decent human being. I don't believe he's senile, but the optics of him speaking are simply not salable in today's media age. Can you imagine Calvin Coolidge being elected today?

I would love to see Pete Buttigieg run. He handles himself in real time better than anyone else on either side of the aisle, and it's not even close.

I love Elizabeth Warren. She's on "our" side, the average American's side, 100%. But again, optics in today's youtube influencer culture: She speaks in too high a register. It's sadly that simple for the idiot electorate. Feels, you know? And, of course, Bernie is a commie Jew. He's got mini space lasers and cough lozenges in his coat pockets. Unpresidential!

But if Joe runs, he's got my vote.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Biden has accomplished far more than he seems to be given credit for. And, personally, he's a decent human being. I don't believe he's senile, but the optics of him speaking are simply not salable in today's media age. Can you imagine Calvin Coolidge being elected today?

I would love to see Pete Buttigieg run. He handles himself in real time better than anyone else on either side of the aisle, and it's not even close.

I love Elizabeth Warren. She's on "our" side, the average American's side, 100%. But again, optics in today's youtube influencer culture: She speaks in too high a register. It's sadly that simple for the idiot electorate. Feels, you know? And, of course, Bernie is a commie Jew. He's got mini space lasers and cough lozenges in his coat pockets. Unpresidential!

I’m hoping Pete runs too. Do you think warren would make a good Vice President or is she better suited for the senate? If not warren for vp, then who?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
A gay guy and a woman? Well, at least she's not black. /s

• Haha

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

If any of them run, they have my vote. I haven't seen Pete speak since 2016 I think, at a debate. Don't know why, I have been watching a lot of TV news, they just never show him talking.

Biden is not a demagogue. He actually speaks from experience and conscience, which is a lot more than you can say about 95% of politicians. He's old but he's human, god dammit, and he doesn't pretend. Anyway, if we can flip the house and get maybe one more senate seat maybe we can really get some things done after 2024.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
If any of them run, they have my vote. I haven't seen Pete speak since 2016 I think, at a debate. Don't know why, I have been watching a lot of TV news, they just never show him talking.

Biden is not a demagogue. He actually speaks from experience and conscience, which is a lot more than you can say about 95% of politicians. He's old but he's human, god dammit, and he doesn't pretend. Anyway, if we can flip the house and get maybe one more senate seat maybe we can really get some things done after 2024.
Pete actually goes on Fux News alot and owns the conservatards. Extremely smart guy and eloquent. Hate to say but If he wasn't gay he would already be president.

Biden has done better than anyone can imagine so far given the disaster of the Trump presidency and the lingering stench of Jan 6. I wish he was more assertive in going after domestic terrorists.

Reactions: ivwshane and Pohemi

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
There's no better way to stick it to the Retardlicans.
It's also super-convenient, can skip reading up on the candidates and political horse race, just read the party and vote. Of course in California it's more weird because of our top 2 primary, you can have 2 Democrats, then it's complicated :)

Reactions: Pohemi and Muse

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I really don't think it matters who runs for president. Most people have this illusion that the country runs itself and the president doesn't matter. That was pretty much the way it went with electing Trump. Trump was and is a clown and people figured wouldn't it be fun to elect a clown, and so they did. They did this because who is president didn't matter for most and they just figured with Trump the country would be fine and still run itself.

What matters more so to people is the party of the president. If voters want the progressive agenda they will vote for Joe Biden even if Joe becomes a babbling idiot. If people are unhappy with the progressive agenda come 2024 they will vote for Donald Trump no matter what. This is where Oprah and Matthew McConaughey come in to play, electing a celebrity sounds like fun just like electing Donald Trump sounded like fun or funny. After all, the country does run itself, so wouldn't it be fun to have Oprah or McConaughey on TV every day. At least THEY can act where as Donald Trump can't. Even his TV show sucked.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This is where Oprah and Matthew McConaughey come in to play, electing a celebrity sounds like fun just like electing Donald Trump sounded like fun or funny. After all, the country does run itself, so wouldn't it be fun to have Oprah or McConaughey on TV every day. At least THEY can act where as Donald Trump can't. Even his TV show sucked.
I'm just thankful that Charlton Heston didn't become the second coming of GOP Lord Reagan. :p

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I really don't think it matters who runs for president. Most people have this illusion that the country runs itself and the president doesn't matter. That was pretty much the way it went with electing Trump. Trump was and is a clown and people figured wouldn't it be fun to elect a clown, and so they did. They did this because who is president didn't matter for most and they just figured with Trump the country would be fine and still run itself.

What matters more so to people is the party of the president. If voters want the progressive agenda they will vote for Joe Biden even if Joe becomes a babbling idiot. If people are unhappy with the progressive agenda come 2024 they will vote for Donald Trump no matter what. This is where Oprah and Matthew McConaughey come in to play, electing a celebrity sounds like fun just like electing Donald Trump sounded like fun or funny. After all, the country does run itself, so wouldn't it be fun to have Oprah or McConaughey on TV every day. At least THEY can act where as Donald Trump can't. Even his TV show sucked.
The country does not run itself, unless you don't mind the idea of the Federalist Society picking 1/2 the SCOTUS with POTUS rubber stamp.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Warren seems to say something about the way sexism works in US politics. I don't think it's quite as simple as "American voters are sexist so will never vote for a woman as President". I think it's a bit more subtle and complicated than that.

There are "archetypes" available for male politicians to fit into that don't exist for female ones. It's hard for a woman politician in the US to be seen as "an ordinary guy". Both Biden and Bernie can manage that, despite having very different politics. They're both your cantankerous-not-as-sharp-as-he-used-to-be-but-still-basically-trustworthy, elderly uncle (if your uncle were Jewish, in Bernie's case).

A woman politician, if they are to be seen as 'ordinary, one of us, not an out-of-touch member of the elites' pretty much has to be conservative. They have to fit the good-housewife archetype if they are to be percieved as not offputtingly-elite. And if they do, they wouldn't be seeking to be President in the first place, because the conservative mindset says women don't seek power.

Female politicians, to get anywhere at all in the system, can't avoid looking like overachieving elite types, because there's no other category available for them to fit into. There is no 'competent to wield power, but still basically an ordinary guy like you' mode that they can adopt. You aren't permitted to be all three of 'female' 'ordinary' and 'seeking power'.

The perception of someone like Warren as 'elite' then alienates a lot of lower-class voters, including, even especially, women voters (she polled especially badly among working-class women when she ran in the Primary).

Somehow Thatcher managed to negotiate that trap here. She really played up the 'good housewife' thing, convincing people that's exactly who you want running the 'household' that is the nation.

I don't know why it seems so much harder to pull that trick in the US. I wonder if it's because the culture is different because of Christianity?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
No matter how much we hate her, Kari Lake is the best speaker on the MAGAtard side. Mayor Pete vs Qari debate would be entertaining

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Platitude Pete? No thanks. Has he done anything as Transportation secretary? His response to airline cancellations was laughable.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Pete actually goes on Fux News alot and owns the conservatards. Extremely smart guy and eloquent. Hate to say but If he wasn't gay he would already be president.

Biden has done better than anyone can imagine so far given the disaster of the Trump presidency and the lingering stench of Jan 6. I wish he was more assertive in going after domestic terrorists.
Fox just today has a big story about how Pete's going all over the country using private jets at tax payer expense. Apparently, a busy cabinet level person's time has no value to Fox.

• Haha

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Ukraine is the exception.
So right. But that's so different! He played a Joe who ran for president in a movie and won and then it came true. Most important is the fact that he was an extraordinary entertainer. Did you see him dance? There's some video of that, he was on fire, clearly an extraordinary soul. Arnold, Trump and Herschel (originally a bodybuilder turned movie star, a real estate developer rescued from Nth bankruptcy by a reality TV show, a football player) are flawed people. But Arnold is the better among those.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
So right. But that's so different! He played a Joe who ran for president in a movie and won and then it came true. Most important is the fact that he was an extraordinary entertainer. Did you see him dance? There's some video of that, he was on fire, clearly an extraordinary soul. Arnold, Trump and Herschel are flawed people. But Arnold is the better among those.

Always thought this picture of him and his cabinet made them look like some sort of indie rock band

zelensky-ukraine-russia-war-time-cover-story03.jpg