Info How did you get rid of bedbugs?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What makes the name unfortunate? Just curious. I think it's kind of funny since it's basically slang for "good bye". Definitly makes it easy to remember haha.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
What makes the name unfortunate? Just curious. I think it's kind of funny since it's basically slang for "good bye". Definitly makes it easy to remember haha.

Just my opinion ... its okay with me if you like it! ;)

"goodbye" in Japanese: さようなら or Sayōnara in English so...
combo of what?

Cyanide and goodbye?

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Just my opinion ... its okay with me if you like it! ;)

"goodbye" in Japanese: さようなら or Sayōnara in English so...
combo of what?

Cyanide and goodbye?
Yes. "Say 'goodbye' to your bedbug problem with this poison" is exactly the sentiment they were going for. Typical marketing for pest-control products. It invokes exactly what they wanted it to invoke. Some would think it's even clever. Not sure how that's "unfortunate."

How would you feel about a roach spray or insect-repellant called "Bugg-Off!"?

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
They can exterminate and annihilate about every insect around but we can't rid of these jokers! We need some kind of chemically formulated fogger that we can use at home to handle these critters ourselves. I have just about lost my sanity when dealing with bedbugs. Where did these facha galoopies come from? I am going to talk to a Home Alone type kid to see what options I have. He

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes. But studies shown that the contact needs to be a very high concentration; beyond store level. Then it's very effective but very dangerous to human and animal health too.

well, don't bathe in it or anything. higher concentration of Isoprop will also evaporate faster. If you are treating whatever you treat with strong stuff, just stay away from it for a couple of hours, maybe 24 max.

Reactions: CZroe

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
And if you are among them I respect your opinion. :)

I however am not a fan.

Fortunately its my opinion not yours so no need to explain! ;)
I'm not asking you to change your opinion. I'm asking you what you thought was "unfortunate" about it because I'm genuinely curious.

Sheesh.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Just thought is was an unfortunate play on words .... like a bad pun.

Nothing serious! :cool:

Reactions: CZroe

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Just thought is was an unfortunate play on words .... like a bad pun.

Nothing serious! :cool:
Ah! Gotcha. Thought you were literally saying there was something unfortunate about it since you seemed to be amused by it at the same time. :) ...like something about the name evoked an undesirable association.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
You can call a pro. My CSR's in laws did....$2K later and they still had them. You're the only one that's going to be diligent enough. YMMV

;)
The only way I got rid of mine was to continually treat the same areas every week with Harris Bedbug spray and a red and orange can of 703 B spray. I think that's what it is called. Spray down at the bottom of the legs and feet of chairs and beds. Spray around the seams and insides of your furniture and the perimeter of your mattress and box spring. I also treated my carpet. They travel on carpets. I sprayed a little bit on it. ( If you have pets do not do this. ) It stopped them in their tracks. After about 9 weekly treatments - they were gone for me.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm not aware of ever having fought off bedbugs or encountered any anywhere. I did see some silverfish in my bedroom, and that was creepy. I did some research and sprinkled some boric acid powder here and there... a couple of treatments seems to have done the trick.

That also worked with the nascent cockroach problem in the kitchen here many years ago. I think they were hanging out in the small boombox I had in the kitchen, maybe the heat from the internal transformer attracted them. I sprinkled some boric acid inside the unit and have never seen another cockroach here. SO GLAD!

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I'm not aware of ever having fought off bedbugs or encountered any anywhere. I did see some silverfish in my bedroom, and that was creepy. I did some research and sprinkled some boric acid powder here and there... a couple of treatments seems to have done the trick.

That also worked with the nascent cockroach problem in the kitchen here many years ago. I think they were hanging out in the small boombox I had in the kitchen, maybe the heat from the internal transformer attracted them. I sprinkled some boric acid inside the unit and have never seen another cockroach here. SO GLAD!
I used boric acid and was witness to a full roach massacre throughout the whole house when we returned a week or so later. A house my mom bought had a nasty and massive infestation.

They clearly were dehydrated as there was a body trail to water sources like the sinks.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

BORIC ACID is your friend!!

Reactions: Muse

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

You don't want to ever deal with those bastards. Bed bugs make roaches look like a good time.

Jesterbella

Jan 28, 2022
TRY THIS BEFORE YOU KNOCK IT OK...BED BUGS ARE VERY SIMPLE AND INEXPENSIVE TO GET RID OF... I GOT 100% OF THEM IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK AND ALL IT COST ME WAS 9 WHOLE DOLLARS AND SOME SWEEPING AND VACUUMING. SOOO PLEASE DO NOT GO PAY PEST CONTROL A THOUSAND DOLLARS AND THROW ALL YOUR THINGS OUT. ITS CALLED DIOTA
MACEOUS EARTH! IM NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT IT IS MADE OF BUT ITS USED FOR BUG CONTROL AROUND CHICKENS AND FARM ANIMALS. ITS GROUND UP SO FINE THAT ITS LIKE CHARDS OF GLASS STABBING INTO EXOSKELETAL BUGS SO IT WORKS ON ROACHES VERY WELL ALSO. SO WHILE ITS STIRRED UP IN THE AIR ITS NOT VERY GOOD FOR YOUR LUNGS SO GO TO YOUR LOCAL FEED STORE AND BUY A BAG AND GET YA A MASK AND SOME GLOVES. WEARING YOUR MASK AND GLOVES GO ALL AROUND WHERE YOUR BUGS ARE AND JUST DUST THE WHOLE AREA. ONCE THE DUST SETTLES THEN ITS COMOLETELY HARMLESS TO HUMANS AND ANIMALS. LEAVE IT FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND THEN VACUUM. REPEAT THOSE STEPS...AND YOU MIGHT HAVE TO REPEAT A 3RD TIME BUT PROBABLY NOT. WHAT HAPPENS IS THOSE STUPID BUGS LIKE TO HERD TOGWTHER WHEN THEY HIDE SO WHEN THEY RUN THRU THE DUST IT STICKS TO THEIR LEGS AND THEN THEY LEAVE TRACES OF IT EVERYWJERE AND TAKE IT BACK TO THE HERD AND IF IM THINKING CORRECTLY, ONCE THEY GO THRU THE DUST THEY DIE IN 24 HOURS. YOU MAY HAVE TO REPEAT AFTER 10 DAYS OR SO BECAUSE ALL THE LITTLE EGGS WILL HATCH THAT WERE THERE. PROMISE THIS WORKS AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY OUT YOUR SAVINGS OR LEAVE YOUR HOME EVEN. ANDDDD....YOURE WELCOME!!!

Shouting does not help your cause and is not welsome here. Please lose the caps and the bold text.

admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
TRY THIS BEFORE YOU KNOCK IT OK...BED BUGS ARE VERY SIMPLE AND INEXPENSIVE TO GET RID OF... I GOT 100% OF THEM IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK AND ALL IT COST ME WAS 9 WHOLE DOLLARS AND SOME SWEEPING AND VACUUMING. SOOO PLEASE DO NOT GO PAY PEST CONTROL A THOUSAND DOLLARS AND THROW ALL YOUR THINGS OUT. ITS CALLED DIOTA
MACEOUS EARTH! IM NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT IT IS MADE OF BUT ITS USED FOR BUG CONTROL AROUND CHICKENS AND FARM ANIMALS. ITS GROUND UP SO FINE THAT ITS LIKE CHARDS OF GLASS STABBING INTO EXOSKELETAL BUGS SO IT WORKS ON ROACHES VERY WELL ALSO. SO WHILE ITS STIRRED UP IN THE AIR ITS NOT VERY GOOD FOR YOUR LUNGS SO GO TO YOUR LOCAL FEED STORE AND BUY A BAG AND GET YA A MASK AND SOME GLOVES. WEARING YOUR MASK AND GLOVES GO ALL AROUND WHERE YOUR BUGS ARE AND JUST DUST THE WHOLE AREA. ONCE THE DUST SETTLES THEN ITS COMOLETELY HARMLESS TO HUMANS AND ANIMALS. LEAVE IT FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND THEN VACUUM. REPEAT THOSE STEPS...AND YOU MIGHT HAVE TO REPEAT A 3RD TIME BUT PROBABLY NOT. WHAT HAPPENS IS THOSE STUPID BUGS LIKE TO HERD TOGWTHER WHEN THEY HIDE SO WHEN THEY RUN THRU THE DUST IT STICKS TO THEIR LEGS AND THEN THEY LEAVE TRACES OF IT EVERYWJERE AND TAKE IT BACK TO THE HERD AND IF IM THINKING CORRECTLY, ONCE THEY GO THRU THE DUST THEY DIE IN 24 HOURS. YOU MAY HAVE TO REPEAT AFTER 10 DAYS OR SO BECAUSE ALL THE LITTLE EGGS WILL HATCH THAT WERE THERE. PROMISE THIS WORKS AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY OUT YOUR SAVINGS OR LEAVE YOUR HOME EVEN. ANDDDD....YOURE WELCOME!!!
What works for a stuck caps lock key on a keyboard? ;) :p

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
hotqLB0.gif