How are you going to feel the day Bush walks out of the Whitehouse?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee

The histrionics you used in the statements you made are in no ways "moderate", by anyone's terms.

Am I moderating in this thread? No.

Do I give a shit what what any Bushwhacko sycophant thinks about my views or anything else? Not at all.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: FoBoT
i'll be glad that you haters will have to get a new hobby

If you don't hate everything the Bushwhacko administration has done to ruin our nation and our good name in the world, either you haven't been paying attention, or you're one of the murderers, traitors and torturers.
Or maybe it's just you.

Nation seems okay to me. Stock market's had multiple "record" highs during Bush's tenure.

He hijacked and signed all sorts of bills that were formerly loved by the libs. Even was using formerly-lib stuff during his campaign for re-election. Lots of the ideas he talked about during that campaign were formerly liberal mantra....but for some reason, when Bush talked about the same stuff, libs found something wrong with it. I remember some media figure pointing it out at the time.

He has all the terrorists fighting our military in another country, while no more attacks after 9/11 have occurred here.

Despite the liberal's and liberal media's best efforts and a longing for us to lose the war simply to make Bush look bad, we are winning, things are going well over there, and we also have another foothold in the middle of the middle East...not a bad thing at all. Plus, we are well on the way to stabilizing one of the more unstable nations over there. Time it will take, but sooner or later, it had to be done.

Biggest problem I have with him is the border security. I really wish he'd have done more about that.
As far as the rest of the world's opinion of us, I could give a crap. As long as they aren't f-ing with us, who cares what they think.

This post is awesome. Somehow he's been able to combine "whatever Bush did that was bad was liberal", "we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here", and "liberals want to make us lose the war" all in one post.

You're a very special guy.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I'll feel that a huge menace to the world has been removed from power. Hopefully the next will do much better, but Bush is the symptom of the wrong ideology common among many Americans.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000

The histrionics you used in the statements you made are in no ways "moderate", by anyone's terms.

Do I give a shit what what any Bushwhacko sycophant thinks about my views or anything else? Not at all.
It's ok Harvey, I tend to agree with your statements about Bush. :beer:

What amazed me was that Bush was re-elected. I knew midway through his first term that he was a horrible, horrible president. It seems as though now most of the American people have come around to realize that Bush is and was a lame-duck president. The few that still love him are his most fervent supporters. I'm not too sure what they like about him at this point. They seem to believe that the war in Iraq is going well, and that the economy is in great shape. *shrug*

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
still pisses me off when I see the bush bumper stickers.

I'll be happy to see him leave but, I am not holding my breath as to this two party replacement... Then again, I think there is no hope maybe this country needs to be driving into the ground..... Dunno...... They say you gotta hit rock bottom before you can recover... Did bush go down hard enough?

Oh wait he still has almost 10 months to go!!!! He's not done yet....

I don't just tend to agree with Harvey; I 100% agree! :) Someone has a brain here thank god.........

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005

Nation seems okay to me. Stock market's had multiple "record" highs during Bush's tenure.

He hijacked and signed all sorts of bills that were formerly loved by the libs. Even was using formerly-lib stuff during his campaign for re-election. Lots of the ideas he talked about during that campaign were formerly liberal mantra....but for some reason, when Bush talked about the same stuff, libs found something wrong with it. I remember some media figure pointing it out at the time.

He has all the terrorists fighting our military in another country, while no more attacks after 9/11 have occurred here.

Despite the liberal's and liberal media's best efforts and a longing for us to lose the war simply to make Bush look bad, we are winning, things are going well over there, and we also have another foothold in the middle of the middle East...not a bad thing at all. Plus, we are well on the way to stabilizing one of the more unstable nations over there. Time it will take, but sooner or later, it had to be done.

Biggest problem I have with him is the border security. I really wish he'd have done more about that.
As far as the rest of the world's opinion of us, I could give a crap. As long as they aren't f-ing with us, who cares what they think.

that just leaves me speechless.....

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: bctbct

What...facts? I'm not saying Bush is the greatest or anything, just that it's not all bad.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

What...facts? I'm not saying Bush is the greatest or anything, just that it's not all bad.

Nope not bad. Just the worst president the U.S. has ever seen. Nope, not bad at all.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
What...facts? I'm not saying Bush is the greatest or anything, just that it's not all bad.[/quote]

Nope not bad. Just the worst president the U.S. has ever seen. Nope, not bad at all.[/quote]
I disagree.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Carter

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I see light at the end of the tunnel. It has been hard sitting on the sideline watching this train wreck.

I will be relieved as hell.

It depends on who replaces him. If he is a Republican I will be depressed because that will mean another four to eight years of Bush's policies.

If he or she is a Democrat, I will be able to breath a sign of relieve that I have not felt in seven years.

Bush could have avoided the Iraqi war if he wanted to but he wanted to invade Iraq.
And to compound his mistakes:

1. He did not fight the war with the right number of men or equip them with the proper equipment.
2. Bush did not have a viable plan in place for pacifying Iraq after its military and government collapsed.

The US and Iraq will be paying for Bush's cluster fuck war for at least the next two or three generations. Thanks George!

I went through some of Mr Bush's failures because some people in this thread seemed to be in denial about this or think he did not do such a bad job of it.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Like I was just let out of prison and may be able one day to again sit w/o a donut pillow

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Nope not bad. Just the worst president the U.S. has ever seen. Nope, not bad at all.
I disagree.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Carter

LOL Jimmy Carter? Lemme guess, he gave away the Canal? Gee, very bad guy. I think the list against Bush is rather lengthy and devious. Although he will go down in history as the worst president, he couldn't have held that title if Cheney didn't have a hand in it. He still would have been bad, just not the worst.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ericlp
still pisses me off when I see the bush bumper stickers.

I'll be happy to see him leave but, I am not holding my breath as to this two party replacement... Then again, I think there is no hope maybe this country needs to be driving into the ground..... Dunno...... They say you gotta hit rock bottom before you can recover... Did bush go down hard enough?

Oh wait he still has almost 10 months to go!!!! He's not done yet....

I don't just tend to agree with Harvey; I 100% agree! :) Someone has a brain here thank god.........

The other day I was driving and saw an old Rambler going down the road, driven by an 80 something guy. It still had a McGovern sticker on the back bumper! :shocked:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

I disagree.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Carter

whatever faults Carter had as president, I think he at least partially redeemed himself with his post-presidential work.

it'll be interesting to see what Bush does with the rest of his life; my guess is not much.

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
I'd feel excited for a moment, but then I'd realize that we're only replacing him with another big government bureaucrat and then I'd feel sad again..

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
whatever faults Carter had as president, I think he at least partially redeemed himself with his post-presidential work.
Do you ever notice that they all seem to be independantly wealthy in their post-presidency? What's the salary/pension like for the president again? I always thought they earned a pretty modest salary. :confused:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SickBeast
Originally posted by: loki8481
Do you ever notice that they all seem to be independantly wealthy in their post-presidency? What's the salary/pension like for the president again? I always thought they earned a pretty modest salary. :confused:

poor people don't really get elected in the first place.

idk about carter specifically, but Bush and Reagan both had substantial wealth before becoming president, and I think Bill makes a bundle on the lecture circuit.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
the day bush leaves office i will feel the same way as when oj simpson got pronounced not guilty at his first trial.

bush, cheney, rumsy et al will need to give back everything they swindled from the nation plus compensate with punitive and emotional damage restitution to the families and loved ones of every military member these asswipes got killed and maimed....before they get locked up with charlie manson as their cellmate and the keys thrown away.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

Wow. Because I don't use your histrionics, you call me names. Very mature.

If that's how you "debate" or discuss issues, I can see why you're a "senior moderator" on an Internet forum.

And obviously you do care, or you wouldn't respond. Sycophant, indeed.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Siddhartha

It depends on who replaces him. If he is a Republican I will be depressed because that will mean another four to eight years of Bush's policies.

If he or she is a Democrat, I will be able to breath a sign of relieve that I have not felt in seven years.

Do you honestly think there's a difference betwen the two parties?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999

Gore would not have invaded Iraq.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

Gore would not have invaded Iraq.

Evidence of this?

Also, I didn't realize that Gore IS the Democratic Party.