Ho Lee Moly! Dishonored

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
gotta admit that looks pretty damned awesome. too bad it'll probably give me motion sickness :(

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
Hmm it's Bethesda, so it will probably be first person. Seeing that sort of action oriented gameplay, I would almost prefer it to be in third person... essentially like Assassin's Creed.

Man, if this is the case, then we can add Mirror's Edge to this mashup as well.

I hope I'm not getting excited over nothing.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
its just a pre-rendered video. i dont know what the hype is all about. Granted that its Bethesda and the game is set in an open world which seems very similar to Assassin's Creed, but there is no info on the game yet. And ive been too disappointed in the past building my hopes up after watching pre-rendered trailers. eg: Left for dead, Prototype.

I'll wait till i go "ZOMFG!!! TAKE MY MONIES BETHESDA!!!"

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
9e9.gif

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Didn't they do Might and Magic Dark Messiah? I think that game was terrible if it's the one I'm thinking of. Had some interesting concepts but was pretty bland and had AWFUL level design.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
:hmm:
NSIS....

No, I think he's being serious. Since when has Bethesda put out a game that had a remotely interesting storyline?

Doesn't matter though, because the game isn't being made by Bethesda; it's only being published by them. The actual game is being developed by Arkane Studios. Good thing too, I was worried it was the other way around and they'd be using the shitty Gamebryo engine, 1-dimensional characters and mediocre combat, etc.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
I'm not a fan of trailers that show absolutely no gameplay but you can see some slivers of pre-alpha footage here at 2:50, 4:41 and 5:55.

Meh until I see more.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
its just a pre-rendered video. i dont know what the hype is all about. Granted that its Bethesda and the game is set in an open world which seems very similar to Assassin's Creed, but there is no info on the game yet. And ive been too disappointed in the past building my hopes up after watching pre-rendered trailers. eg: Left for dead, Prototype.

I'll wait till i go "ZOMFG!!! TAKE MY MONIES BETHESDA!!!"

Exactly. I personally don't understand all the "OMG Ponies" at a pre rendered concept video.

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
The city in those vids actually reminds me a bit of City 17 in Half-Life 2. It's got a "depressed, oppressed" type of feel that I think could be really cool.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The city in those vids actually reminds me a bit of City 17 in Half-Life 2. It's got a "depressed, oppressed" type of feel that I think could be really cool.

That's because the main visual designer, Viktor Antonov, was also the main designer on Half Life 2. The similarity is huge.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Looks pretty awesome so far. Wish I could see some actual gameplay footage though; I hate these fuckin pre-rendered trailers that everyone releases these days.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Arkane Studios was acquired by Zenimax, thus I suspect the iD Tech 5 engine will be used...

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

Alright, that song is insanely awesome.
Do want that song!

It seems to be a one-off specifically created for the same. I was hoping it was a remix/redux of some artist's song.

I know it's origins as a sailor's song / sea shanty, but it seems to have been adapted for the game, what with its twisted lyrics that remove the sailor's aspect.

But it's so awesome. It would be even more awesome if more music like that is actually in the game. :D