Why did I never hear about this?

Edit: The debut trailer.

Profanity is not allowed in thread titles
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Oh yeah I have that issue of GI actually, game looks pretty cool I had forgotten about it.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm excited, but I'm weary after their other non-Elder Scrolls games

Yea, I'm looking at you BRINK.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I saw the CGI trailor today, quite obviously the game will not look like that unless its using a ground breaking engine that no one has ever seen before.

Is there something else that gives a realistic perspective on what this game will be like or is the usual hype machine everyone is commenting on?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Sounds good. Hope they use a better engine than the buggy as hell gamebryo engine or the console oriented one they used with skyrim.

They should talk to EA about licencing frostbite 2 and its 8 threads of goodness :) EA would probably end up dictating that the game must suck and then buying out bethesda and then ruining everything they make so maybe not such a good idea after all...

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Honestly this game is everything I want right now. I hope Bethesda can pull it off because there is not enough Steampunk in games.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
This is the kind of setting where I'd like to see a really good story, but since it's Bethesda, I won't hold my breath.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
The game looks great. But it isn't being produced by the same people who make TES and Fallout, just so you know. Bethesda Softworks is the publisher. The producer is a lot of the people who did Arx Fatalis, and some of the people who did Thief. Bethesda Game Studios (the makers of TES) does not equal Bethesda Softworks.

You can find out more about the game on the bethesda forums.

Last edited:

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Do realize Bethesda has little to do with this, other than the typical level of publisher control (which could ruin things more than help, as per the norm).

The developer is Arkane Studios.

It does indeed look awesome, regardless.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
:hmm:
NSIS....

No one played their Fallout games for the story, and the recent Elder Scrolls games were more for the general doing stuff and mods than the story, so I would assume he's 100% serious. They haven't been making games you play for the story.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
This is the kind of setting where I'd like to see a really good story, but since it's Bethesda, I won't hold my breath.

Yes, they should hire the Troika designers who did Arcanum.

If not:
"I saw a steam-crab down by the train station today"
"Nasty things!"

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hmm it's Bethesda, so it will probably be first person. Seeing that sort of action oriented gameplay, I would almost prefer it to be in third person... essentially like Assassin's Creed.