Hillary Clinton Contiues the American Apology

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Wait - you are saying it is the job of our government to apologize for people in another country choosing to be offended over a movie and then breaking laws in their own country?

Seriously?

You also actually think the movie caused the deaths and not the people who actually committed the murders? You are one of those people who think guns run around town all by themselves shooting people, aren't you?

Don't put words in my mouth. I believe this shit would not have happened if this movie didnt have a 13 minute trailer on youtube for the whole world to see. Sure, the guy has free speech and all that jazz but this movie is the source of the protests.

And I know that guns can't walk, but put one in the hands of an idiot that can and you have bloodshed.

Duh.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
How can you positively say it was the video that provoked these murders?
I have seen articles implying that these were planned and deliberate attacks by Al Qaeda to be carried out on the 9/11 anniversary.
Should we apologize for 9/11 too?

Lets see...do you think these protests were in response to 9/11? Do you really think that?

It was just so convenient that this stuff was going on when the militant group decided to attack with rockets in Libya. So convenient and yea, it sucks..but I think the film played a part in all of this.

And why would we apologize for 9/11? There was no movie that caused that.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Speech can be criticized, but reprehensible isn't a word that should be used to criticize speech, it shows poor grasp of the English language and word meanings. We can argue all day that words meanings change, but I didn't have to go digging for this definition of it. It was the first one that came to my mind when I read what she had said. You must not know what reprehensible means either, it's OK you can use the internet to find out then you can laugh at all the times it has been misused to sway your emotions in the past.

I was momentarily puzzled by this, as I have used the word reprehensible from time to time. I did actually check an online dictionary to make sure I was not using the word incorrectly. I was not.

I'm beginning to wonder if you actually think the word "censure" means the same thing as "censor." If so, whoops.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reprehensible
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/censure

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Okay, so you don't disagree that if this movie didn't exist...would would be wading through this heaping pile of shit right now?

Also, how do kids not have the right to bully other kids?

I have the right to call your kids "fat","ugly","i love you", etc. Whatever I want to fucking say about them because I have a right to...but when my actions cause your kid to do something drastic, am I not responsible?

Thats also the problem with the bullying issue. The parents of bullies don't think their kids did anything wrong. Its the fault of the victims, not the source of the problem.

No, if we didn't have Islamic Extremists that feel innocent people should die over a movie we wouldn't have 4 dead. These fucking people are ready to go to war over this shit, and you still blame the movie. You are also equating our government bashing our first amendment right with a kid calling someone fat.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry Pal, but criticizing one is criticizing the other, and our own Government should be criticizing neither. Especially in an open speech on National TV to the world.

our government isn't a neutered puppy. Obama was elected by the people, its completely appropriate for him or his appointees to express the opinions of the people as he sees them.

And its ridiculous to say that criticizing what someone says is the same thing as denying them the right to say it.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Funny how last year all the Republicans were claiming the Arab spring was due to Bush's policies.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
the movie had nothing to do with the attack and death of our ambassador!!!!

It may well not have. There's a growing suspicion that it was a reprisal for the killing of an AQ leader back in June. The movie is, however, related to the various embassy protests we're seeing, and the protesting may have provided cover for the terrorists who killed the ambassador in Libya, though we need more information to know if that was or was not the case.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Lets see...do you think these protests were in response to 9/11? Do you really think that?

It was just so convenient that this stuff was going on when the militant group decided to attack with rockets in Libya. So convenient and yea, it sucks..but I think the film played a part in all of this.

And why would we apologize for 9/11? There was no movie that caused that.

You are as dumb as all the idiot protestors.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
meh. it wasn't that bad. she said US has freedom of speech and that they condemn the violence.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Wow. You guys are nuts. It's diplomacy. In diplomacy you use carrots and sticks. There was nothing wrong with her statement. She didn't say anything contrary to our way of life. She upheld the freedom of speech while deploring this specific speech. Again nothing contrary to our way of life.

There are Americans and American businesses in the middle east. What would you have her do? This reflexive condemnation of everything the Obama administration does is petty. We tried this cowboy diplomacy in the Bush years. Oh, maybe she should just say bring it on...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I want to apologize to the world for the fact that American can produce the conservative imbecility we can read in this thread. It is shameful, disgusting, and pathetic, but here it is in all its filthy reality. But just as no blame can be rendered unto the fanatics of other nations who have gone off the deep end, no blame can be given to their counterpart assholes in America. The defective mind of conservatives all over the world cannot reason. They know not what they do, these Christ Killers.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
the movie had jack shit to with the assassination of the Ambassador. the attack was planned and carried out by islamist nutjobs.

That tidbit seems to go over the heads of some. Also this vid as I understand was on the internet for some time and "coincidentally" became an issue on 9/11. I have no use for the content, but it was used as an excuse, not a real reason.

Know when you are being played.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I want to apologize to the world for the fact that American can produce the conservative imbecility we can read in this thread. It is shameful, disgusting, and pathetic, but here it is in all its filthy reality. But just as no blame can be rendered unto the fanatics of other nations who have gone off the deep end, no blame can be given to their counterpart assholes in America. The defective mind of conservatives all over the world cannot reason. They know not what they do, these Christ Killers.

Everybody wants to apologize for you Moonbeam.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Hittin the sauce early again, huh moonbat?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This Democrat message from Clinton is nauseating - but do you really believe a Republican message would be any different?

“Burning the Quran is wrong on every level. It puts troops in danger, and it violates a founding principle of our republic.” -- Mitt Romney

Pretty damn similar. Bow to killers.

Tell me, how are Republicans any different? Not you, personally, I'm talking about the leaders of the GOP. Men such as Bush, McCain, and Romney who make it their life's ambition to put Americans in harm's way to appease the mob. Who put PC before reality.

What of General Petraeus?

Our men in power make it their job, their mission in life, to appease the mob. If they don't do this their Neocon nation building in the Middle East is put in jeopardy. They are a disgrace NO LESS than Clinton and the Democrats. You can change parties holding office, but the corrupt assault on American freedom will continue.

Don't just hold Clinton accountable, hold THEM ALL accountable!

Riparian

Jul 21, 2011
I was momentarily puzzled by this, as I have used the word reprehensible from time to time. I did actually check an online dictionary to make sure I was not using the word incorrectly. I was not.

I'm beginning to wonder if you actually think the word "censure" means the same thing as "censor." If so, whoops.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reprehensible
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/censure

I will be impressed if bfdd has the humility to respond to your post and admit that misunderstood the meaning of the word "reprehensible" and "censure." I had written a post basically parroting what you had said and you beat me to the punch. Well done counsel.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
That tidbit seems to go over the heads of some. Also this vid as I understand was on the internet for some time and "coincidentally" became an issue on 9/11. I have no use for the content, but it was used as an excuse, not a real reason.

As I said above, it's a bit more complicated than that. The video itself was likely released throughout the Muslim world near 9/11 by people who had an agenda of wanting to spark protests. At least one of those protests may have provided cover for the terrorists who killed the Ambassador. So the motive of the terrorists may have had nothing directly to do with the killing, but they did use the chaos created by the protests to assist in their despicable plan.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutHouse
the movie had jack shit to with the assassination of the Ambassador. the attack was planned and carried out by islamist nutjobs.

I'm still asking myself how I'm supposed to know what knowing is. I used to know all kinds of things.

IBMer

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000
As I said above, it's a bit more complicated than that. The video itself was likely released throughout the Muslim world near 9/11 by people who had an agenda of wanting to spark protests. At least one of those protests may have provided cover for the terrorists who killed the Ambassador. So the motive of the terrorists may have had nothing directly to do with the killing, but they did use the chaos created by the protests to assist in their despicable plan.

You said despicable plan. You are not being respectful to their rights to choose their own actions. You hate free will.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Yup, those were some of the thoughts that make me question whether knowing might be a way to get played by one's self.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
No, if we didn't have Islamic Extremists that feel innocent people should die over a movie we wouldn't have 4 dead. These fucking people are ready to go to war over this shit, and you still blame the movie. You are also equating our government bashing our first amendment right with a kid calling someone fat.

No. I am equating it to your persistence in claiming the Government is criticizing someone's first amendment rights. Your position is that the movie had the right to be made...just the same as I have the right to insult people and make them feel bad. What I said is, there can be negative responses to your actions such is the case when a child commits suicide after being bullied. Do you honestly believe that these protests would be taking place right now if the movie wasnt out?

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hittin the sauce early again, huh moonbat?

Wat?

I want to live,
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Her use of the word reprehensible is what pisses me off the most. Don't care if she knows or doesn't know what it means, it's the wrong fucking word to use because we do not censure speech like that here, it is a goddamn protected right and I am insanely offends that she would even use anything close to a word that has to do with censure.

LOL. You don't know the difference between "censure" and "censor."