Hillary Clinton Contiues the American Apology

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Quite frankly I'm disappointed and offended that the secretary of state would go out there and apologize for American values and the freedoms we hold dear. I thought a lot more of her before this.

Reading this thread is sobering, there are many who don't believe in one of our core freedoms.

This is simply a diversion tactic, they can blame this movie or the failed policies of this administration.

For the most part democrats are not independent thinkers, if the White House says it's the movie most of the sheep think it's the movie to say otherwise makes you a racist.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I'm sure our soldiers just love fighting to give this idiot the freedom to make videos that get them killed.

This 110%

Just how much do you have to hate America and our Troops to make this kind of film? The pursuit of attention and the almighty dollar trumps ALL. Still nice to see the cheerleaders donning their pom pons ^^^ American deaths = Romney campaign and the fanbois happy, score political points!

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Clinton's priority is to protect our foreign service members from further attacks of which she is directly responsible for. She is doing just that. Obama says he will increase military staffing at our embassies to satisfy Clinton's concern, among others.

Seems like the act of being diplomatic got lost in a hailstorm of constitutionally protected hate for the Obama administration. I guess throwing more indignantly applied gas on the fire is the way to go for the righties. Yes, by all means let's ramp up the hate. Let's ramp up the violence. Let's make things far worse by throwing a huge bonfire party fueled with korans. It's our right, isn't it?

There are other ways to attack Obama without jeporadizing the lives of our diplomatic corps and agitating the situation further. Shouldn't that be our main concern at the moment?

We all can try to understand the Muslim faith much better without appearing to be appeasing and apologetic.

Last edited:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
I'm not sure the White House and Hillary Clinton are clear:

Did they produce this movie and do they stand by it, and did they use taxpayer money to fund the movie that they produced?

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
tweaker2, all actions done to try to avoid a huge conflict with the Islamic world, on a world war 3 type scale, are ultimately a bad thing.

It SOUNDS great to try to avoid something like that... of course it does.

But I think if you really look at it you'll realize that it either comes to a head like that, and is decided in a dramatic conflict like that, or the slow death for the west is inevitable as more and more immigration happens, they reach a critical mass of power in one western country after another, and dismantle civil rights, women's rights, freedom of speech, gay rights, freedom of religion, freedom of association, etc etc in one country after another.

All the while as liberals run interference for them and try to quell the rage of a dying civilization. Rage which should not only not be quelled, but yes, should be fanned and encouraged. A huge bonfire of korans sounds like a great start.

If I thought the Islamic world and the west could co-exist, and we could just wait for them to catch up to modern times... that'd be fantastic. I'd go for that.

I don't believe that is possible, co-existence is not their mindset. Conquest is.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
We all can try to understand the Muslim faith much better without appearing to be appeasing and apologetic.

Take the Rev. Wright from the westboro baptist church, give him billions of oil dollars to spread his version of religion, give him state sanctioned powers like religious police that keep the sexes apart in public, women in their place, gays in the closet, atheists dead, other religions out of sight, etc. now perhaps you can understand what happened to Islam.

Atatürk had it right when he separated the religion from state in Turkey, any other way will eventually end in failure.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Clinton's priority is to protect our foreign service members from further attacks of which she is directly responsible for. She is doing just that. Obama says he will increase military staffing at our embassies to satisfy Clinton's concern, among others.

Seems like the act of being diplomatic got lost in a hailstorm of constitutionally protected hate for the Obama administration. I guess throwing more indignantly applied gas on the fire is the way to go for the righties. Yes, by all means let's ramp up the hate. Let's ramp up the violence. Let's make things far worse by throwing a huge bonfire party fueled with korans. It's our right, isn't it?

There are other ways to attack Obama without jeporadizing the lives of our diplomatic corps and agitating the situation further. Shouldn't that be our main concern at the moment?

That's bullshit.

We should not have diplomatic envoys to countries who don't hesitate to murder them if we look at them funny. And, if we do insist on involving ourselves where we shouldn't, the policy should be to shoot the fuckers threatening us first and ask questions later.

Pretty sure that American Embassies are American soil. Aggression on American soil is an act of fucking war and anyone who commits such aggression is an enemy combatant and should be killed by whatever police or military force is present.

Until they can learn to be civil, and until we can learn to mind our own fucking business, there will be no peace between the West and the Middle East.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
tweaker2, all actions done to try to avoid a huge conflict with the Islamic world, on a world war 3 type scale, are ultimately a bad thing.

It SOUNDS great to try to avoid something like that... of course it does.

But I think if you really look at it you'll realize that it either comes to a head like that, and is decided in a dramatic conflict like that, or the slow death for the west is inevitable as more and more immigration happens, they reach a critical mass of power in one western country after another, and dismantle civil rights, women's rights, freedom of speech, gay rights, freedom of religion, freedom of association, etc etc in one country after another.

All the while as liberals run interference for them and try to quell the rage of a dying civilization. Rage which should not only not be quelled, but yes, should be fanned and encouraged. A huge bonfire of korans sounds like a great start.

If I thought the Islamic world and the west could co-exist, and we could just wait for them to catch up to modern times... that'd be fantastic. I'd go for that.

I don't believe that is possible, co-existence is not their mindset. Conquest is.

Except that they have no ability to take over anyone who is actually powerful. Just their shitty areas.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Except that they have no ability to take over anyone who is actually powerful. Just their shitty areas.

Don't be so sure about that. They've got nations all over Europe bowing to their desires. The US isn't far behind, thanks to the likes of Hillary and Obama.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
This 110%

Just how much do you have to hate America and our Troops to make this kind of film? The pursuit of attention and the almighty dollar trumps ALL. Still nice to see the cheerleaders donning their pom pons ^^^ American deaths = Romney campaign and the fanbois happy, score political points!

You really think this is about a film, huh? When was this trailer released? When did they start "protesting?"

Some people will buy any narrative that is force fed to them.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You really think this is about a film, huh? When was this trailer released? When did they start "protesting?"

Some people will buy any narrative that is force fed to them.

You really think you have this reading thing down yet? We weren't talking about the coordinated attacks in Libya and Egypt that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 members of his staff. We were talking about soldiers who have to do the fighting so that some guy has the freedom to engage safely from the comfort of his home in a behavior that may very well get them killed. What a patriot.

Some people will sell any narrative they think other will eat willingly.

Riparian

Jul 21, 2011
Man, talk about a double standard. Thanks for linking that up. Any respect I had for Hillary is gone.

Wait, so Clinton stands up for freedom of expression for this NY artist by supporting the museum from being forcefully evicted by the government (also known as suppression of speech based on the content of the speech) and in another instance says that a message is reprehensible but does not use any of the government's power to stifle the speech, and somehow she has a double standard?

As far as I can tell, the article that was posted by 1prophet doesn't describe whether Clinton had or didn't have (meaning that we don't know whether she approved or disapproved of the message) a statement regarding the "taste" of the, what I hesitate to call, art. So, please, curb your hatred for just one second and point out where the double standard is? Seems like she's a staunch supporter of freedom of speech. Notice the party in 1prophet's article who wanted to actually suppress the speech.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wait, so Clinton stands up for freedom of expression for this NY artist by supporting the museum from being forcefully evicted by the government (also known as suppression of speech based on the content of the speech) and in another instance says that a message is reprehensible but does not use any of the government's power to stifle the speech, and somehow she has a double standard?

You realize the government was FUNDING the museum right? So basically Hillary was ok with having taxpayer money used to display something offensive to Christians and other groups, but then apologizes when a private group without any government support does something that offends nutters in other parts of the world. That's the double standard, and she was actually wrong in both instances.

So, please, curb your hatred for just one second and point out where the double standard is? Seems like she's a staunch supporter of freedom of speech.

Curb my hatred? Where are you getting anything about hatred? Apparently she's more of a selective supporter of freedom of speech.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades." - Muammar Gaddafi (2006)

"One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory.” – Houari Boumedienne 1974

Of course you can just write isolated quotes like these off as bluster, hollow and meaningless... and you can say well, you'll always be able to find a few crazies saying whatever. True... true. Within the western framework, under normal circumstances, I'd agree.

But I think a lot of people in the west fail to appreciate just how "on the same page" most of Islam is. They have a clarity of purpose and belief that we haven't had for many decades at least, which makes it very hard for people in the west to understand.

So yes, they don't currently have the military power or GOVERNMENTAL solidarity to do an outright conquest... this is true. However they have the demographic advantage. They have the permissive immigration policies and liberal protective PC shield helping them.

A couple of years ago I myself would've dismissed what I am now saying as paranoid delusion, surely Europe would never become majority Muslim... or majority non-European, right? That's absurd, right? And even if it did... they'd be westernized to such a degree that it wouldn't matter... that's how I thought not that long ago.

Now I've started to pay attention and the number of stories coming out of Europe of the culture there bending over backwards, the number 1 name among baby boys born in the UK and other Euro nations now being "Muhammad" etc etc... the rampant gang-rapes by packs of Islamic men of European women because they basically view European women without hijabs as being "fair game" and "whores" etc etc...

I think this sort of demographic conquest is a VERY real possibility. In fact I think it's inevitable in Europe if a serious turnaround doesn't happen soon.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
This is simply a diversion tactic, they can blame this movie or the failed policies of this administration.

For the most part democrats are not independent thinkers, if the White House says it's the movie most of the sheep think it's the movie to say otherwise makes you a racist.

Umm, the democrats pretty much never agree on anything... do you not remember the healthcare legislation? You have the hick state faction as well...

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
You realize the government was FUNDING the museum right? So basically Hillary was ok with having taxpayer money used to display something offensive to Christians and other groups, but then apologizes when a private group without any government support does something that offends nutters in other parts of the world. That's the double standard, and she was actually wrong in both instances.

Curb my hatred? Where are you getting anything about hatred? Apparently she's more of a selective supporter of freedom of speech.

Saying Happy Holidays "offends" christians. Just goes to show that all religions have/are nutjobs.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Stop with yada yada freedom of speech shit. This is not about the film and the freedom to make whatever movies, write whatever article, or draw whatever cartoon. It's not about "offending" Islam. it's about playing right into those extremist's hand. Giving those extremist the material, the evidence that what those extremist preaches is right, that the west is out to get, to humiliate, and to destroy Islam.

There is this mindless yelling of "freedom" like Hollywood movies, and there is recognizing what the reality is, that is, there are 1.6 billion Muslim out there and you better learn to live with them, or prepare to exterminate them. Now even Hilter wasn't that ambitious, Jewish was only few millions big, and apparently some people here in this forum think they can do better.

So stop being stupid and do something practical. Work nice with Muslims, help them advance their civilization so they can catch up to the rest of the civilization. Don't give the extremist the ammunition, give those moderate the ammunition, help the moderate to win. Some idiots here are just thinking with their ballz and not their brain....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Stop with yada yada freedom of speech shit. This is not about the film and the freedom to make whatever movies, write whatever article, or draw whatever cartoon. It's not about "offending" Islam. it's about playing right into those extremist's hand. Giving those extremist the material, the evidence that what those extremist preaches is right, that the west is out to get, to humiliate, and to destroy Islam.

There is this mindless yelling of "freedom" like Hollywood movies, and there is recognizing what the reality is, that is, there are 1.6 billion Muslim out there and you better learn to live with them, or prepare to exterminate them. Now even Hilter wasn't that ambitious, Jewish was only few millions big, and apparently some people here in this forum think they can do better.

So stop being stupid and do something practical. Work nice with Muslims, help them advance their civilization so they can catch up to the rest of the civilization. Don't give the extremist the ammunition, give those moderate the ammunition, help the moderate to win. Some idiots here are just thinking with their ballz and not their brain....

Of course. They'll also resort to what's basically Munchausen by proxy in an attempt to Beat Obama!

Lemme help you put out that grease fire on your stove, with this can of gas... Can't handle it? You fail at firefighting! You're a loser!

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Mind...blown. This thread proves that we need to make education the number 1 priority in this country. We are watching the movie 'Idiocracy' come to life right before our eyes.