Hey IT Guys ... KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was talking to some of the guys at my work in a slightly different department, their situation is actually worse than us. To access their monitoring tools they need to RDP into the box I mentioned earlier, from there, they need to RDP into another box, and from there they need to VNC into another box. All of these have different passwords with different complexity requirements and different people responsible for setting them. You cannot reset them yourself. They're not part of AD.

What a mess lol.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: KMFJD and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Go to this page: https://www.upgrade.com/

All the way at the bottom, in the lower right corner are two email addresses, Investor and Contact. Highlight, copy and paste either or both. What do you get?

investor = moc.edargpu@rotsevni

contact = moc.edargpu@tcatnoc

EDIT: Looks like they're "legit" however that site is something along the lines of "Lending Tree" not a bank.

Nov 17, 2019
Yeah, that's what I get, but why?

Coding error? Some weird kind of spam or address harvesting prevention? Neither address works. Messages bounce back as invalid. Once logged in, you can copy/paste addresses from account screens.

The site works OK once you get used to it. Accounts are at Cross River Bank.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 17, 2019
I go to a site.

Before I can read anything, an overlay of some sort pollutes that page with a ang to sign up for some kind of email newsletter for updates or whatever.

I immediately leave the site, never to return.

Is this what techgeeks want? For people to be turned off of the site forever?

Reactions: Captante and pmv

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I go to a site.

Before I can read anything, an overlay of some sort pollutes that page with a ang to sign up for some kind of email newsletter for updates or whatever.

I immediately leave the site, never to return.

Is this what techgeeks want? For people to be turned off of the site forever?
That's not techgeeks. That's what sales, development, advertising, etc want. Techgeeks hate that shit

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I was talking to some of the guys at my work in a slightly different department, their situation is actually worse than us. To access their monitoring tools they need to RDP into the box I mentioned earlier, from there, they need to RDP into another box, and from there they need to VNC into another box. All of these have different passwords with different complexity requirements and different people responsible for setting them. You cannot reset them yourself. They're not part of AD.

What a mess lol.
We had that as well, it was setup for security purposes and passwords were auto generated and only lasted for a couple of hours, basicaly the same setup you are describing - rdp to one system, the rdp to another, then another remote tool to get to the third system.....

While in that department i had close to 40 passwords with various requirements, it took me close to 3 hours to reset them once a month, didn't bother me at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , put on headphones and listen to youtube while doing it to drown out the co-workers.

/the auto-generated password layer we also had to have prior approval in order to access....pipelines are serious business

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I've seen this at my work too many times. They come up with a new ticket or alarm monitoring system, and it's super unintuitive ... -snip-
That's what gets me. Unintuitive applications. Drives me nuts. Developers who can't put themselves into the shoes of someone who doesn't share their ideas about what's going on. They suck.

Reactions: Red Squirrel

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
pussifying cars by taking the fossil fuels out

Pretty obvious you've never experienced a fast AWD EV taking off from a dead-stop..... it's life-changing. (especially those first 20-30 feet!)

Frankly the "pussy's" these days are driving the relatively SLOW-a$$ ICE "hot-rods"... the only other times I've felt "instant" power like that was on a big sport-bike or taking off in a jet!

;)

Reactions: Muse

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You having breakfast with MTG? :rolleyes:

Great way to help out with weight loss.... I'M freaking "prettier" than that literal troll of a woman even after 6 days not shaving!

:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Great way to help out with weight loss.... I'M freaking "prettier" than that literal troll of a woman even after 6 days not shaving!

:tearsofjoy:
By way of explanation, my MTG comment was a riff on her trying to disparage EV's as "emasculation" of America.

Reactions: Captante