Heroes: Volume II

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Originally posted by: jdoggg12

Black chick: Something falling out of your pocket while you're hiding on the roof? C'mon, bad writing and dumb character. Dumbass

Dude, it was the ceiling and it fell out of a bag she just grabbed and didn't have time to secure. Should she get a do-over?

May as well throw your name on the dumbass hall of fame.

i dont understand why she didnt just run out the top floor of the house. all the guys entered through the front door. all she had to do was wait for the last guy to enter and run out the top level.

1) she'd have to be silent and hope no one was still in the cars (she wasn't able to see out)

2) she can't fly or fall without being hurt. She probably knows nothing of the front yard and with no street light, she'd be making a leap of faith.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
1) she'd have to be silent and hope no one was still in the cars (she wasn't able to see out)

2) she can't fly or fall without being hurt. She probably knows nothing of the front yard and with no street light, she'd be making a leap of faith.
basically, she had no escape plan. noob mistake.. but that's pretty much expected. i don't think she's developed a sense for sneaking around w/o getting caught, obviously.

this was an upsetting episode in that benet's "death" was a bit too drawn out and the twins were back. the end was a little silly too.. why the hell didn't hiro just tell peter that adam was planning on releasing the virus. sigh...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: randomlinh
why the hell didn't hiro just tell peter that adam was planning on releasing the virus. sigh...

Because it's turning into a soap opera. You know how when they get to a good part, they zoom in on each characters face (alternating back and forth), then cut to commercial.

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
I really think it wouldve been MUCH better if it hadnt been cut short, f-ing unions

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Black chick: Something falling out of your pocket while you're hiding on the roof? C'mon, bad writing and dumb character. Dumbass

Dude, it was the ceiling and it fell out of a bag she just grabbed and didn't have time to secure. Should she get a do-over?

i dont understand why she didnt just run out the top floor of the house. all the guys entered through the front door. all she had to do was wait for the last guy to enter and run out the top level.

she got up there when it was dark, what's so hard about getting back down? plus she viewed those parkeur videos, so she should be able to roll off of a fall like that :confused:

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Originally posted by: villageidiot111
Is it just me, or did most of the characters just become huge dumbasses this season.

Not dumbasses, just very inconsistent.

No, dumbasses.

Peter: he never tries to use his powers beyond the MOST obvious situations. He could read that lady's mind easily, but hasn't thought to read Adam or Hiros mind? Dumbass.

Suresh: He's just an idiot. Period. Dumbass

Parkman: He's a bumbling twat, he's daddy's dumbasses little boy and then followed in daddy's footsteps by mind raping Angela. Dumbass

Nikki: Duuuurrrrrr... i'm going to work for the company that ALL my friends acknowledge is evil. Dumbass

Hiro: He see's Adam killing his dad, decides he needs to kill him.... but doesn't do it then. Hiro is my favorite character, but he's still... a Dumbass

HRG: He didn't kill bob/elle when he had the chance, then he sees he's in the situation where he's going to be killed, and does almost nothing. Dumbass

Claire: At least she finally got some balls. But still... Dumbass

Sylar is the only one who isn't a complete dumbass.

:laugh:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

she got up there when it was dark, what's so hard about getting back down? plus she viewed those parkeur videos, so she should be able to roll off of a fall like that :confused:

She sped up the front, she didn't observe the front yard doing so. She also didn't get the camera angles we got. She 'rolls' off the balcony and lands on a yard sprinkler she's fked, she lands and one of the doorags is there with a gun she's fk'd...her plan would have worked if the backpack was secure.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Damn daddy is hard on baby "can you regain my trust again".

And what will it take for Peter to not be pulled around by the nose. We need Peter to give us some more hammer time!

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Oh those #^$ @#$$ @&%#@@!. What a shitty way to end the episode. Wonder which 2 die, although given what was said by the producer earlier you've got to figure one of them would probably be the Mexican chick.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
This week's episode was weak. The season started off poorly, picked up a little and now the writers strike has fucked it good and proper.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I think Nikki is going to be 'cured' and sent in to talk to the homies. Of course if Moh goes to Sylar first he is getting cured first.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Minjin
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I was actually having a little discussion with my daughter throughout the episode (during breaks, natch) about Noah. All the way up until the end when he got shot, she said she didn't like him and that he was a bad guy, so I was explaining his motivation when he was with the company versus now. I guess bits of the story are complex for an 11 year old :p
I was actually thinking about this during the episode but not quite in the same way. I found myself siding with Noah against Claire in every argument. Are some people actually empathizing with Claire? Or does everyone else think that she's a stupid teen girl?

Claire is annoying because she never listens to her dad. The first thing she does after he dies is punch that window out and threaten to the Lightning Girl that she'll go public with her powers (her whole argument there was pretty stupid).

Even more annoying than Claire though, is her boyfriend. That stupid character doesn't respect anyone else's privacy, or wishes. He goes over to her house unannounced to give her the evolution book that she told him she wasn't interested in, and spies on her through the window to see her cutting off her toe. Then he goes over to her house uninvited again and meets her mom, and he knew that her dad told her not to see him. I'm a dude, but if I were her I would have told him to leave right then and never talked to him again. In a real situation, imagine how pissed her dad would be if he had been home? What kind of clueless retard would do these things?

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I think the Spanish girl and Nikki are going to die. There is a possibility of Nathan dying as well since he hasn't had much face time this season. But I'm definitely placing my bets on the Spanish girl because the writers wrote it so that you don't really care about her. If they had shown the wedding scene first then maybe I would be more attached to those characters, but I think they did that purposely so that when they die you're not too sad. My wife thinks Matt has a chance of dying too.

What do you think Mrs. Petrilli's power is?

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
This week's episode was weak. The season started off poorly, picked up a little and now the writers strike has fucked it good and proper.

why does everyone blame the writers strike? I thought the first half of the season was done and written already.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006

She sped up the front, she didn't observe the front yard doing so. She also didn't get the camera angles we got. She 'rolls' off the balcony and lands on a yard sprinkler she's fked, she lands and one of the doorags is there with a gun she's fk'd...her plan would have worked if the backpack was secure.

1. She came from the front, she can exit from the front.
2. People are coming into the house, would you rather hide in the house where you don't know the layout and possibly have no escape route, or run out the balcony from whence you came, and even if someone else is still in the car you at least have a chance to run or hide?
3. She didn't need super powers or any special abilities to get up there in the first place. I could have done that, in fact, I've had to break into my house by climbing onto a roof (steeper than the one in the show, and with more slippery roof tiles too) and climb into the 2nd floor bathroom window before.

4. She doesn't need to jump, she could hang off the roof and then drop down, which would be a drop of maybe 4 feet.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
2. People are coming into the house, would you rather hide in the house where you don't know the layout and possibly have no escape route, or run out the balcony from whence you came, and even if someone else is still in the car you at least have a chance to run or hide?
3. She didn't need super powers or any special abilities to get up there in the first place. I could have done that, in fact, I've had to break into my house by climbing onto a roof (steeper than the one in the show, and with more slippery roof tiles too) and climb into the 2nd floor bathroom window before.

4. She doesn't need to jump, she could hang off the roof and then drop down, which would be a drop of maybe 4 feet.

I am sure in your mind you can win every fight scene in a movie too.

This is a real girl learning her powers. She is probably afraid of getting shot, getting Micah shot...

I would like to see you on video get to your second floor like she did. Getting there wasn't impossible, getting their in a split second was beyond most's ability.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

why does everyone blame the writers strike? I thought the first half of the season was done and written already.

Written for the second half of the season to carry it.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Even more annoying than Claire though, is her boyfriend. That stupid character doesn't respect anyone else's privacy, or wishes. He goes over to her house unannounced to give her the evolution book that she told him she wasn't interested in, and spies on her through the window to see her cutting off her toe. Then he goes over to her house uninvited again and meets her mom, and he knew that her dad told her not to see him. I'm a dude, but if I were her I would have told him to leave right then and never talked to him again. In a real situation, imagine how pissed her dad would be if he had been home? What kind of clueless retard would do these things?

I don't think he has parents.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006

This is a real girl learning her powers. She is probably afraid of getting shot, getting Micah shot...

I would like to see you on video get to your second floor like she did. Getting there wasn't impossible, getting their in a split second was beyond most's ability.

I didn't say I could get up there the way she did. I said "she didn't need super powers or special abilities to get up there in the first place. I could have done that...", meaning I could have gotten up to that balcony.

I just re-watched the scene, still don't think any of it was that amazing. I think you should re-watch it. The instant I saw it I was thinking to myself that the show producers were really skimping on special effects with that scene. Here's what she did:

1. Jumped over a 3.5 foot chain link fence. I can do this just by my sheer jumping ability, wouldn't even have to hold onto the fence the way she did. Obviously I don't have a 3.5' vertical leap, you lift your legs when jumping an obstacle. Holding the fence with her hands would only end up making a racket of the chain link fence rattling around.

2. Jumped up and grabbed roof ledge, and did some gymnastic move to get herself up. I can't do the gymnast move, but I could grab the ledge and hoist myself up, especially if I do it somewhere I can use some surface for leverage -- either a vertical one like a post supporting the roof, which would make it as easy as scaling a wall, which I've done tons of times. Or, even easier, a horizontal surface; I'm assuming that probably wouldn't exist though.

3. Hopped over a balcony that looks even shorter than the 3.5' chain link fence, only she did a totally unnecessary pseudo-run-up-the-wall-while-holding-onto-the-balcony while doing it to make it seem cool. I could easily do this without the wall run, and probably do it with the run since she was holding onto the balcony. However, I would not waste my energy on that if I were sneaking into the house in the first place.

villageidiot111

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2004

I didn't say I could get up there the way she did. I said "she didn't need super powers or special abilities to get up there in the first place. I could have done that...", meaning I could have gotten up to that balcony.

I just re-watched the scene, still don't think any of it was that amazing. I think you should re-watch it. The instant I saw it I was thinking to myself that the show producers were really skimping on special effects with that scene. Here's what she did:

1. Jumped over a 3.5 foot chain link fence. I can do this just by my sheer jumping ability, wouldn't even have to hold onto the fence the way she did. Obviously I don't have a 3.5' vertical leap, you lift your legs when jumping an obstacle. Holding the fence with her hands would only end up making a racket of the chain link fence rattling around.

2. Jumped up and grabbed roof ledge, and did some gymnastic move to get herself up. I can't do the gymnast move, but I could grab the ledge and hoist myself up, especially if I do it somewhere I can use some surface for leverage -- either a vertical one like a post supporting the roof, which would make it as easy as scaling a wall, which I've done tons of times. Or, even easier, a horizontal surface; I'm assuming that probably wouldn't exist though.

3. Hopped over a balcony that looks even shorter than the 3.5' chain link fence, only she did a totally unnecessary pseudo-run-up-the-wall-while-holding-onto-the-balcony while doing it to make it seem cool. I could easily do this without the wall run, and probably do it with the run since she was holding onto the balcony. However, I would not waste my energy on that if I were sneaking into the house in the first place.

Um, there shouldn't be any need for special effects. Her power allows her to mimic the muscle movements of other people. She can't do anything she isn't physically capable of. So what need for special effects was there, its not like she can fly or anything, all she can do is copy a gymnast/pianist/boxer/etc by sight.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006

Um, there shouldn't be any need for special effects. Her power allows her to mimic the muscle movements of other people. She can't do anything she isn't physically capable of. So what need for special effects was there, its not like she can fly or anything, all she can do is copy a gymnast/pianist/boxer/etc by sight.

Okay, so stunts, not special effects. Same idea still stands: they should have come up with something more interesting than those three moves I described.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

They had to change the way the season wraps up to accomodate the lack of episodes in the season. Hence everything is being crammed in which results in a mess.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just watched this on the dvr last night. Please, please, PLEASE let Maya be one of the "heroes" that dies. She's worse than Nikki/Jessica from last season, I can't stand her character. Sylar is getting rather annoying too.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Okay, so stunts, not special effects. Same idea still stands: they should have come up with something more interesting than those three moves I described.

Stick with the Matrix then...