Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 93 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Nah, just the state of being uncomfortable.
Just thinking its in line with how people usually deal with immune responses, do they develop fevers if at all etc.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
My moderna booster was the end of December. I got it at 7:30 am. The next day my body hurt, but nothing like my response to moderna second dose in spring. Arm hurt for a couple days too

edit: dumb phone typos

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111 and Pohemi

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I see.
Well, I get a flu shot every year.
I've had both pneumonococcal vaccines, two shot shingrix, and I've had the Hep B three shot series twice and I've never had a reaction to any of them besides a sore arm.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I see.
Well, I get a flu shot every year.
I've had both pneumonococcal vaccines, two shot shingrix, and I've had the Hep B three shot series twice and I've never had a reaction to any of them besides a sore arm.

Vaccine responses are pretty various. I get the flu shot, although I didn't make the effort this year, and I don't have a response to it so far. Moderna is the first mRNA vaccine I've had, and the only one, so I have nothing to compare it to.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
My moderna booster was the end of December. I got it at 7:30 am. The next day my body hurt, but nothing like my response to moderna second dose in spring. Arm hurt for a couple days too

edit: dumb phone typos
My first shot of moderna my arm was sore and it moved up to my neck. Lasted about a day. 2nd shot arm was a little sore and that was it. I've had every symptom of covid (before & after) except for high temperature , went to hospital with bad dry hacking cough in Jan 2020. Haven't felt the need since - never been tested.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Had my Moderna booster today after Pfizer for the first two.
Three hours ago and everything is good.
My wife and I also did 2 doses of Pfizer followed by Moderna. I thought the 2nd dose of Pfizer and the Moderna booster were roughly the same in terms of side effects (mostly just being tired the next day). But my wife was hammered pretty hard by the Moderna Booster. She felt weak for 4 days. We all respond completely differently.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
My wife and I also did 2 doses of Pfizer followed by Moderna. I thought the 2nd dose of Pfizer and the Moderna booster were roughly the same in terms of side effects (mostly just being tired the next day). But my wife was hammered pretty hard by the Moderna Booster. She felt weak for 4 days. We all respond completely differently.

As the saying goes, everybody is different, and every body is different

Reactions: dullard

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

That's what I did. Just a sore arm for a day

My SIL tho, man the Moderna booster wrecked her. Big painful welt at injection site, fever, fatigue for days. Rough. Her initial Moderna course was also rough.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
My welt is getting smaller but now I have a mild headache and I’m tired but I’m usually tired around this time so…

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I have put off getting a booster because I wanted to maximize it's benefits. I had the two Pfizer shots back in March of last year so I think I may wait a little longer and opt for the double dose again. They are saying that a 4th shot really maximizes your immunity.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I have put off getting a booster because I wanted to maximize it's benefits. I had the two Pfizer shots back in March of last year so I think I may wait a little longer and opt for the double dose again. They are saying that a 4th shot really maximizes your immunity.

This is illogical. There's no reason not to get it ASAP. The effectiveness drops to 45% after six months, and you'll be coming up on a year. The CDC has recommended a booster after just five months if your original shot was the Pfizer.

The only thing that matters is the date of your original dose. You can't "time" your boosters, since the perfect time is getting it as soon as you're eligible in order to maintain the highest level of immunity.

Also, all boosters are a single dose, not two.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm starting to lose any belief I had that anything is effective against COVID-19, save perhaps to reduce the severity when / if one does become infected. I'm not convinced masks and vaccines reduce the spread, for reasons.

I caught COVID -19 and had very mild symtoms. Afterwards I was fully vaccinated, which was jab#1 and #2., with #2 being last May. A week ago I got the booster. This is where I get off, as far as I'm going to support the Pharmaceutical industry, or anyone telling me what to do. I have my reasons, some of which come from my own independent questionings.

I work in an office environment, where our small group of 7 on any given day, do not wear masks. We are divided by cubicles for our desk / offices. Prior to any of us being vaccinated, two of us caught COVID, and only two. We all breathe the same air and work within close proximity of one another. To date none of my other co-workers have caught COVID, although we are all fully vaxxed and boosted, at this point.

Next, I have a family member who is a total paranoid covid nazi, the type who tells everyone what they should be doing, demanding they vax, demanding when and where they mask, where they visit, if they gather, etc. He's really over the top. Well, he just happens to be vacationing in Mexico and has contracted COVID. May the Karma be with you, you little shit! Next time he tells anyone how to live in the COVID situation, I'll promptly tell him to STFU. I mean he's the intelligent one who got it right all along... NOT! lol

Some people are going to get COVID no matter what they do, and some people are not going to get COVID, no matter what, no matter how little they do to protect themselves. That's just the way it is and I can't explain why. All I know is that I am over it and I am moving on, as I feel I've done my part, not even convinced that it worked at all.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm starting to lose any belief I had that anything is effective against COVID-19, save perhaps to reduce the severity when / if one does become infected. I'm not convinced masks and vaccines reduce the spread, for reasons.

I have my reasons, some of which come from my own independent questionings.

All I know is that I am over it and I am moving on, as I feel I've done my part, not even convinced that it worked at all.

To the first part, we absolutely do know that vaccines reduce severity and decrease rate of infection. This is fact.

To the second, those are feels. You're objectively wrong.

To the third, I'm glad you've grown up from "wahhh, I'm taking my ball and going home."

Grow up. Get vaccinated, stay boosted, and wear a mask as appropriate.

Reactions: hal2kilo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'm starting to lose any belief I had that anything is effective against COVID-19, save perhaps to reduce the severity when / if one does become infected.

Yes, what use is a vaccine that *checks plethora of data* dramatically reduces the odds of organ damage leading to long term disability or death? We've really been taken for a ride I guess.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
For reasons that you won't state... what reasons are those?

It's extremely clear from all the data available that vaccines both reduce the severity of illness and reduce the ability to become infected and spread it (if you do get sick). Masks have also been shown to be a tool that reduces risk.

I caught COVID -19 and had very mild symtoms. Afterwards I was fully vaccinated, which was jab#1 and #2., with #2 being last May. A week ago I got the booster. This is where I get off, as far as I'm going to support the Pharmaceutical industry, or anyone telling me what to do. I have my reasons, some of which come from my own independent questionings.
Independent questioning? Are you running your own clinical trials and analyzing the real-world evidence on your own to come to those conclusions? If your indepedent questioning is anything like the posts you've had in this forum, you should probably leave the questioning and conclusion-drawing to more capable people.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Good thing I can always check the data for my state showing how vaxxed people are much less likely to test positive with, be hospitalized for and die from covid. But don't let little facts like those get in your way of you tribalism.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

No offense, but that is incredibly stupid.

"I'll wait to put out this fire until I get a bigger hose nozzle later."

Last edited:

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
My second bout of Covid this past week was only fatigue and a headache for about five days. Nothing like the first go around a year ago.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
But.... what I would like to see furnished to people, and for FREE, are really good effective face masks. I would like to see every American having access to a highly protective face mask, and for FREE. Shipped and sent out to every American just like those stimulus checks were sent out to most every American. Now we need masks. Good masks.

And... the government SHOULD BE inventing/manufacturing/designing a NEW series of face masks to be made available for all Americans and for FREE. A new type of face mask close to or as effective as the N95 mask, but with a less intrusive design. Something inspired and totally new. Something like a light-weight, foldable/bendable face mask. Something that looks nice yet very protective, and not making people look like hazmat refugees.
Why could not Joe Biden use that Defense Production Act (DPA) to mass-produce face masks and making them available to everyone. Just ship them out in the mail for free.

See folks. I speak, and Biden listens.
Not the first time either.
Just today..... President Joe Biden acknowledged that Americans are confused when it comes to masks, and unable to find the right masks, the right masks that actually work. And so, Biden via the government will produce effective masks and furnish masks to the American people FOR FREE.
Thank you.:cool:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
its not FOR FREE.
They come from tax dollars.
Like literally everything else Americans think are free.
Now I'm fine with that, I'm fine with using tax dollars to get masks to people. I just want acknowledgement of a basic economic principle.
NOTHING is free. Every resource on planer Earth is finite. And there is some sort of cost associated with acquiring it and processing it into something humans want and then getting it to them so they can use it. My main problem is the way the American government spends money.
It tends to be awfully inefficient. And I dont think its because of stupid people. I think its because of smart people who are dishonest.

But I'm glad we're getting masks.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If you get a ruling you favor it's likely to be because Gorsuch and company think OSHA is illegal or something. Which is of course absurd but so is SCOTUS commanding the executive branch to implement foreign policy they favor. My suspicion is that the mandate for healthcare workers stands while the OSHA emergency rule is put on hold due to whatever anti-administrative state BS conservatives on the court feel like pulling out of their asses that day.

Feeling pretty good about my prediction if not the outcome. Conservatives on the court thinking that OSHA regulating workplaces is likely improper because humans can go other places besides work is just *chefs kiss*.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Feeling pretty good about my prediction if not the outcome. Conservatives on the court thinking that OSHA regulating workplaces is likely improper because humans can go other places besides work is just *chefs kiss*.

SCOTUS is trying to head down the path of turning rule making into the equivalent of how they view qualified immunity. Unless Congress uses the exact words in the legislation the Executive branch can't take any action.