Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 84 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Finally getting my Booster on Dec 14th. What a PITA getting it scheduled. Went through three pharmacies to get it setup; Rite Aid, CVS and finally Walgreens. Many of their 'search for store will available hours' type tools are broke as hell.

Reactions: IronWing

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Finally getting my Booster on Dec 14th. What a PITA getting it scheduled. Went through three pharmacies to get it setup; Rite Aid, CVS and finally Walgreens. Many of their 'search for store will available hours' type tools are broke as hell.
Yep. I scheduled mine for next week and the tools are definitely broken.
<Enters zip code and picks date>
"These locations have open slots."
<Picks location>
"Psych! No slots, try again loser."

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Got my booster last week. Called up Walgreens pharmacy- had same day appointments. So triple Moderna for me.

Felt like crap, (fatigue & and the edge of body pain) on and off starting 18 hours after the shot for about a day.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I was shocked to find out that the city's site for COVID vaccinations was vastly better, easier, and more accurate than CVS's. My wife made two separate CVS appointments only to have them both not have vaccines when she arrived. We both got ours through the city, which was super quick and efficient.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Got my booster last week. Called up Walgreens pharmacy- had same day appointments. So triple Moderna for me.

Felt like crap, (fatigue & and the edge of body pain) on and off starting 18 hours after the shot for about a day.
CVS for 3rd moderna shot for me, I had felt under weather the day after Moderna #1 and #2, but no impact other than slightly sore arm after the moderna booster.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I was shocked to find out that the city's site for COVID vaccinations was vastly better, easier, and more accurate than CVS's. My wife made two separate CVS appointments only to have them both not have vaccines when she arrived. We both got ours through the city, which was super quick and efficient.
The city is how I got my booster. They have nearly daily walk-up vaccination clinics. I drove there, they asked which booster I wanted, my wife and I both got it, all without leaving the car. Took maybe 25 minutes including the 15 minute wait period afterwards. No appointment needed, supplies there are virtually endless.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Got our booster when first available. Went to the county health departments drive-thru vaccine site. Drove up, handed paperwork to complete. When we had that done, drove ahead, got stuck, left. Total time, less than 15 minutes.

Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Got our booster when first available. Went to the county health departments drive-thru vaccine site. Drove up, handed paperwork to complete. When we had that done, drove ahead, got stuck, left. Total time, less than 15 minutes.
There are two 2 hours slots available next week for walk-ins at the City's health department. Guess I'll be taking a little trip downtown :).

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Man in Italy goes a little out of his way to avoid getting a vaccination. He came to get vaccinated with a fake silicone arm. Kind of an expensive way to try avoiding a free shot. It sort of backfired on him though.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Man in Italy goes a little out of his way to avoid getting a vaccination. He came to get vaccinated with a fake silicone arm. Kind of an expensive way to try avoiding a free shot. It sort of backfired on him though.
Wrong thread, but, yes - nuts. You want the Covidiots thread in P&N.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Got my booster yesterday, Pfizer, arm sore this morning, nothing more. Way better than my second Moderna dose. I wanted to get the flu shot at the same time but the pharmacy was out of the under-55 dose.

Reactions: iRONic

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Went through the County several weeks ago. Sign up was easy, the operation they ran giving the shots efficient. Your local government might be the easiest. Moderna x 3.

Reactions: Ajay and Fenixgoon

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Were supposed the get ours this week, after delaying too long. Then we both came down sick. Possible Covid exposure on my wife's part, she's getting rapid test today. I don't have Covid symptoms, but will get tested if she pops positive.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Were supposed the get ours this week, after delaying too long. Then we both came down sick. Possible Covid exposure on my wife's part, she's getting rapid test today. I don't have Covid symptoms, but will get tested if she pops positive.
That's a bummer Ajay. Hope that she has one of the many other illnesses that have similar symptoms.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Ajay

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
boostered!
growing third eye now, it is coming in nicely. I think it will be fully functional within the 15 minute waiting period.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Yeah that was it. Tested negative :). 8 kids at the schools were she teaches are Covid positive :eek:.
I keep reminding her there's a fold up bed in the basement ;).
Best of luck to you. Just please be cautious. Many people get their rapid test too soon after exposure, before the test is really very accurate. Suppose her earliest exposure was Monday to these kids, then the tests will be most accurate this Sunday and going into early next week. If I were you, I'd isolate from her for a few days as much as possible.

Sniff vinegar every few hours. That is a lot less painful than some Covid tests and about as accurate as the antibody tests.