Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 83 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Both myself and my fiancée (both teachers) got our Moderna boosters yesterday. We were scheduled to get the Pfizer booster as the Moderna booster was only listed for immunocompromised. But when the pharmacy saw that we had had the Moderna one before they gave it as an option. We both felt a little off last last night with mild sinus headaches. I had a low grade fever this morning, but feeling much better this afternoon.

Reactions: gothuevos

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: cytg111

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Got my booster last Thursday at 11am. I got my flu shot in the other arm at the same time too.

Had Pfizer my first 2 and got that for my booster as well.

I was really surprised with the lack of side effects. My shoulder hardly even got sore at all, let alone feeling sick at all. I felt maybe like you do when you are starting to feel something come on and I took some advil but then like an hour later I felt fine and felt fine from then on out. Slept great and woke up feeling fine too and had no shoulder soreness.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Well, it's no wonder the Moderna vaccine is showing better longevity than Pjizer. Moderna's vaccine is a 100mg while Pfizer is using 30 mg. That is why the Pfizer is being used for the 5-12 year olds.

Since you can mix and match with the booster shots, I'm going with Moderna when I get the booster next week.

Regarding arm pain, that is caused by the needle, not the vaccine. It is significantly less if you keep your muscle relaxed and don't tense up at the moment of injection. I tensed at my first dose and had significant arm pain for 4 days. With the second, I kept it relaxed and had minor pain for one day.
The kid's doses are much lower, 10mg for Pfizer.

Arm pain is not from the needle, a saline shot will not give you a sore spot, while a Tdap vaccine will make your whole shoulder hurt for days.

Reactions: hal2kilo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The kid's doses are much lower, 10mg for Pfizer.

Arm pain is not from the needle, a saline shot will not give you a sore spot, while a Tdap vaccine will make your whole shoulder hurt for days.

It's either or both, actually. A needle in your muscle can cause inflammation of the muscle.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Got my booster on Monday morning. Was a little tired later in the afternoon, but that was mostly because I got to bed late on Sunday. Arm was a bit sore yesterday. Otherwise fine now. It was a lot more mild than the first two. The booster slapped my wife around pretty good. My 9 y/o get's his first dose tomorrow. Working towards the entire house being vaxxed. Soon...

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Got the Moderna booster Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Locally they were also giving away $50 gift cards so I got one of those for my trouble also. My arm was sore for maybe 3 days after, probably because I wore long sleeves I had to roll way up, and I likely tensed my arm too much holding my sleeve up.

The wife got hers the Friday after. they had run out of gift cards, but being able to walk in and git 'er done was nice. She had no issues, except a slightly sore arm, and she thought she felt tired the day after, which may or may not have been from the shot.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Got the Moderna booster Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Locally they were also giving away $50 gift cards so I got one of those for my trouble also. My arm was sore for maybe 3 days after, probably because I wore long sleeves I had to roll way up, and I likely tensed my arm too much holding my sleeve up.

The wife got hers the Friday after. they had run out of gift cards, but being able to walk in and git 'er done was nice. She had no issues, except a slightly sore arm, and she thought she felt tired the day after, which may or may not have been from the shot.

Wow, where are you getting $50 gift cards? Already a pretty sweet deal getting the boosters for free but I wouldn't turn down a few bucks thrown in too haha.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Why are you worry? Are you not confident that SCOTUS will overturn this ruling?
Pretty confident, yes. But annoying they are delaying it and causing confusion over bullshit politics instead of actually following the law.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Pretty confident, yes. But annoying they are delaying it and causing confusion over bullshit politics instead of actually following the law.
One of the worse parts of the pandemic is the extent to which a radicalized judiciary has interfered with basic public health measures. 50 years ago the idea that churches could just opt out of any laws they didn’t feel like following would have been laughed at.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Zorba