Good News Just Keeps Rolling in on The Economy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Who cares?

It would seem not alot . As the op sees this report as being a good thing. When in fact it just means alot of people now have lesss resources and are still without a Job or a benefit check . These people CARE.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It would seem not alot . As the op sees this report as being a good thing. When in fact it just means alot of people now have lesss resources and are still without a Job or a benefit check . These people CARE.

This report doesn't mean that in any way, shape, or form. You might be reading it upside down.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is the worst economy in the last 200 years and O is the worst leader since 20,000 BC.

He will lose, thankfully. :)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is the worst economy in the last 200 years and O is the worst leader since 20,000 BC.

Why stop there? Obama must be the worst thing that happened since that asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Obama would have lost . But the GOP screwed up big time , Cheating Ron Paul will bring 80% of Rons voters to Obama . If the GOP can't run an election without election fraud it most certainly shouldn't have one of the 3 Chimps left in the race setted in oval office, Paul supporters will make sure NO gop gets elected. Watch now how YOU TUBE changes and the attacks increase dramiticly on the GOP . I don't like Obama but 4 more years of obama is better than 8 years of the any of the other 3

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Who cares?
Exactly. As long as the statistics look better prior to the election, who cares why? The people who no longer count as unemployed because they can't even file for unemployment probably care. I guess Enron's accountants had to go somewhere after their book-cooking escapades torpedoed their employer. Surely a little creative accounting here won't bite us in the ass.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
My daughter has had several job offers from Boston. She is trying to move out there. Almost no future in southern Illinois. My son is in Utah going to school and is working over there in the Computer field. My suggestion is be willing to move to where the jobs are.

There is no future in Southern IL. That's for sure. I got the hell out of there, and I don't plan on going back. Hopefully will leave IL completely when I graduate, this state has some bad troubles ahead.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Why stop there? Obama must be the worst thing that happened since that asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.
I suspect Obama WAS the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. Thank G-d Noah was able to carry Adam and Eve to safety in his ark.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Exactly. As long as the statistics look better prior to the election, who cares why? The people who no longer count as unemployed because they can't even file for unemployment probably care. I guess Enron's accountants had to go somewhere after their book-cooking escapades torpedoed their employer. Surely a little creative accounting here won't bite us in the ass.

Well that's certainly a well reasoned analysis. Thanks for your contribution.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
serve-620x450.jpg

Peek-a-boo.

Very nice but how about using the real numbers. :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_per_capita
Okay so those are a little deceptive as well, but much less so than that chart.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
We're running out of ppl to fire. Look at employment rate. Still dropping.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Yeah, if that doesn't wreak of fanatisism, I don't know what does.
Blackjack is clearly living with blinders on. So with a $15 TRILLION deficit, he thinks Obama can balance a budget? It's not going to be balanced until we have no debt. There's not enough money in the US to satisfy our debt and obligations.

What budget? The Dems have failed to have one for > 1000 days.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And yet the economy is still improving and unemployment numbers are still falling no matter how badly the Repubs want things to remain the way things were when the economy tanked under their watch and influence.

Yeah, free market, lower taxes for the rich and corps, trickle down and deregulate deregulate deregulate really worked then, didn't it? So why should it work now? Proven fail yet they want more of the same. :D

epidemis

Jun 6, 2007
You have have only indebted yourself 2% of GDP for every 1% of stimulus growth. But hey, party like it's 1999

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread, but does this mean the chances of a double dip are pretty much nill at this point?

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Just like when Obama didn't give an accurate figure on the real cost of Obamacare. Gonna be hard to balance a budget when you can't figure out how much you are spending.

Round and round we go.

Obama did not estimate the cost, it was the CBO.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Obama did not estimate the cost, it was the CBO.
But Obama did heavily game the system by delaying the benefits, thereby comparing the cost of six years' benefits to the revenue from ten years' taxes. I'm not sure why - it surely only fools the abysmally stupid who are largely going to accept anything he does anyway - but it did allow the CBO to pretend the ten-year cost is less than a trillion.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I just bought a 150 gallon aquarium on clearance at Petsmart. I paid for it Friday, picked it up Saturday. We were also out and about Sunday, so I was in maybe six stores total over three days. Each was absolutely packed, and people were buying. It looks to me like the third Summer of Recovery will really be the Summer of Recovery. Maybe it's my old memory slipping, but it seems to me that the stores are doing as much business as ever. I think that to the limits imposed by our huge debt and continual outsourcing, we're roaring back.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread, but does this mean the chances of a double dip are pretty much nill at this point?

If you use credit cards to pay your mortgage after getting laid off, does it mean your financial troubles are over? What happens when you hit the credit card's limit?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If you use credit cards to pay your mortgage after getting laid off, does it mean your financial troubles are over? What happens when you hit the credit card's limit?

It is a terrible idea to attempt to discuss government finances by using a personal finance analogy. Government and family debt are nothing alike.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
It is a terrible idea to attempt to discuss government finances by using a personal finance analogy. Government and family debt are nothing alike.

Well therein lies the problem. I also don't agree entirely. The debt angle is very similar. The overall finances are very much different but debt is debt and you can't control it by spending.