General VR discussion thread

Page 95 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
I've had a Quest 2 and now have an Index coming. I'd like to use the Index Controllers and trackers wirelessly with the Quest and I've seen videos on how to do this but I'm confused about the dongles you need to buy. Are they Watchman dongles or SteamVR dongles, or are those the same thing?

FlawleZ

Oct 13, 2016
Anyone really familiar with VRChat performance and how GPU/CPU scaling is? The setup in question is a Ryzen 1600AF @ 4Ghz, 16GB 3200Mhz DDDR4 and an OC'd RX 580. From what I've read it's heavily reliant on single thread IPC. Wondering if a GPU upgrade would benefit more or a CPU upgrade. FWIW the system runs it pretty well but some of the areas with lots of people drag it down.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Really disappointed with Star Wars Squadrons so far. Nothing but trouble to get it running and VR controllers are not supported! What!! Looks like I need to buy a flight stick and maybe set up a keyboard as well?

Screenshot_20220601-214145_Chrome.jpg

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I play it with a keyboard because I'm used to a certain layout in Freespace, but a gamepad works well too. I would recommend getting a gamepad anyway for the seated sim-type games. I like this one but the cheap ones work fine too. A HOTAS is ideal but expensive if you're getting it just for this game.

Another VR space game worth trying out is House of the Dying Sun. It's very short but has great gameplay and atmosphere.

ASK THE COMMUNITY