General Petraeus Would Rather Betray Us Than Tell Us The Truth, After All.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Just imagine how many children throughout this country and in Iraq would have fathers and mothers if Bush had never been elected, hell never been born!

This statement show just how immature and looney the left really is.

George W Bush did not sigle handedy created the Iraq war. Last I checked, our military was still voluneer.

And this statement just goes to show how dumbed down Michigan republicans have become.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Just imagine how many children throughout this country and in Iraq would have fathers and mothers if Bush had never been elected, hell never been born!

George W Bush did not sigle handedy created the Iraq war. Last I checked, our military was still voluneer.

And this statement just goes to show how dumbed down Michigan republicans have become.

Yes because our 2 liberal senators, and liberal governor are doing such wonderful things for the state!

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Yes because our 2 liberal senators, and liberal governor are doing such wonderful things for the state!

Yep. They are squarely to blame for the problems the Big 3 are facing and Michigan's economic problems. Only a Michigan republican would try and blame the democrats for that. Congrats! You win the case and point prize.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Yep. They are squarely to blame for the problems the Big 3 are facing and Michigan's economic problems. Only a Michigan republican would try and blame the democrats for that. Congrats! You win the case and point prize.

Start a new thread. We can debate it there. Big 3 is not the only problem here in Michigan. Nice spin though.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Start a new thread. We can debate it there. Big 3 is not the only problem here in Michigan. Nice spin though.

Everyone living in Michigan is affected by the Big 3 or is married to or related to someone who is. All of the other problems put together are a speck of dirt compared to the problems facing the Big 3 and its affect on Michigan's economy. If all the other problems you elude to were fixed today, we would still be in the shithole here until the Big 3 rebounds. For you to claim I am the one who is spinning just proves my point more. No sense starting a new topic as you have already shown so clearly how it is all the liberals fault, so you are teh winnar :roll: no sense trying to debate someone who can't see past his party affiliation.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
George W Bush did not sigle handedy created the Iraq war.

You're right. Bush is far too stupid to pull it off alone. He had a lot of help from other lying traitors his criminal cabal, spewing his successive pile of LIES on LIES on LIES to Congress and the American people, the same LIES the last straggling, blame shifting, knuckle dragging neocons are still trying to shove at us years after they've been discredited. GET OVER IT!
  • The "intelligence" fed to Congress and the American people was cherry picked and directed from the top.
  • Rumsfeld set his own parallel "intelligence" operation within DOD when the CIA and FBI couldn't tell him what he wanted to hear.
  • There was no yellow cake uraniium in Niger.
  • There were no aluminum tubes capable of being used in centrifuges process nuclear material.
  • There were no facilities for making nerve gas or biological weapons.
  • There were no long range rockets.
  • There were no WMD's.
  • There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq.
They ignored any information from competent internal sources that ran counter to their ambitions:
  • They ignored all warnings about the possiblity of an attack like 9/11, despite explicit warnings from people like Richard Clarke, former terrorisim advisor to Presidents Reagan, Bush Sr. and Clinton. Richard Clarke also warned Bush that Saddam probably was not tied to 9/11.

The Bushwhackos didn't want to hear that so they did what any good exec would do -- They fired him.
  • They claimed their pre-war planning included plenty of troops to handle foreseeable problems in the aftermath of their invasion, despite warnings from Army Chief of Staff, Eric Shinseki that they would need around 400,000 troops to do the job.

The Bushwhackos administration didn't want to hear that so they did what any good exec would do -- They fired him.
  • Before Bush started his war of lies, Ambassador Joseph Wilson was sent to Niger to investigate reports that Saddam was trying to buy yellow cake uranium. He returned and informed that the reports were false.

The Bushwhackos administration didn't want to hear that so they did what any good adminstration would do. They outed his wife, Valerie Plame's identity as a covert CIA operative, blowing off her value to our national security and endangering her life and the lives of everyone who ever worked with her anywhere in the world.
As of 9/4/07 11:17 am EDT, 3,742 American troops have died for their lies, and tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life.
rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Ronald Dumbsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Fife, Alberto Gonales, Harriet Myers and lots of others should join Bush when they're all tried for the murder for every one of those American lives squandered for their LIES. They should all be held to account for the monstrous pain and suffering they've inflicted on all of those wounded Americans. They should be charged for the additional suffering they've caused for the families and friends of those dead and wounded in their war of LIES. :(

And they should all be charged with treason for shredding the rights guaranteed to all American citizens by the U.S. Consitution in the pursuit of their war of LIES. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey

You're right. Bush is far too stupid to pull it off alone. He had a lot of help from other lying traitors his criminal cabal, spewing his successive pile of LIES on LIES on LIES to Congress and the American people, the same LIES the last straggling, blame shifting, knuckle dragging neocons are still trying to shove at us years after they've been discredited. GET OVER IT!
  • The "intelligence" fed to Congress and the American people was cherry picked and directed from the top.
  • Rumsfeld set his own parallel "intelligence" operation within DOD when the CIA and FBI couldn't tell him what he wanted to hear.
  • There were no aluminum tubes capable of being used in centrifuges process nuclear material.
  • There were no WMD's.
They ignored any information from competent internal sources that ran counter to their ambitions:
  • They ignored all warnings about the possiblity of an attack like 9/11, despite explicit warnings from people like Richard Clarke, former terrorisim advisor to Presidents Reagan, Bush Sr. and Clinton. Richard Clarke also warned Bush that Saddam probably was not tied to 9/11.

The Bushwhackos didn't want to hear that so they did what any good exec would do -- They fired him.
  • They claimed their pre-war planning included plenty of troops to handle foreseeable problems in the aftermath of their invasion, despite warnings from Army Chief of Staff, Eric Shinseki that they would need around 400,000 troops to do the job.

The Bushwhackos administration didn't want to hear that so they did what any good exec would do -- They fired him.
  • Before Bush started his war of lies, Ambassador Joseph Wilson was sent to Niger to investigate reports that Saddam was trying to buy yellow cake uranium. He returned and informed that the reports were false.

The Bushwhackos administration didn't want to hear that so they did what any good adminstration would do. They outed his wife, Valerie Plame's identity as a covert CIA operative, blowing off her value to our national security and endangering her life and the lives of everyone who ever worked with her anywhere in the world.
As of 9/4/07 11:17 am EDT, 3,742 American troops have died for their lies, and tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life.
rose.gif
rose.gif

Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Ronald Dumbsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Fife, Alberto Gonales, Harriet Myers and lots of others should join Bush when they're all tried for the murder for every one of those American lives squandered for their LIES. They should all be held to account for the monstrous pain and suffering they've inflicted on all of those wounded Americans. They should be charged for the additional suffering they've caused for the families and friends of those dead and wounded in their war of LIES. :(

And they should all be charged with treason for shredding the rights guaranteed to all American citizens by the U.S. Consitution in the pursuit of their war of LIES. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:
You forgot to include those that enable Bush like Corbett for blindly supportiing him

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: tweaker2
the patraeus report is still being worded by the MSM such that bush does not know what the content of the report is. lol.
it's just amazing how this whole sham of a scam is being played out in the media.
Don't worry. After the report is presented the MSM will surely rewrite it for their own use.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
You forgot to include those that enable Bush like Corbett for blindly supportiing him

Their mothers must have forgotten to tell them, if they don't stop it, they'll go blind. :p

Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
Don't worry. After the report is presented the MSM will surely rewrite it for their own use.

I have no idea what you mean by that, but don't worry -- The Whitehouse has already told us they're ghost writing "The Petraeus Report," so we'll have a complete record of their original lies for reference.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

I have no idea what you mean by that, but don't worry -- The Whitehouse has already told us they're ghost writing "The Petraeus Report," so we'll have a complete record of their original lies for reference.
Was that before or after your Democrat Congress ordered the WH to do so?

hmmm...

Sep 12, 2004

The White House is not "ghost writing" the report. They are actually writing it because, by law, it is THEIR responsibility to do so. I know the left looks at the phrase "Patraeus Report" and jumps to the immediate conclusion that Patraeus must also write the damn thing, but legislative requirements trump whatever the left thinks, believe it or not.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Let us face the facts, the so called Patraeus report will come in basically four versions with increasing degrees of honesty.

1. There will be the written version. And even if GWB does not have a direct hand in writing it, various other many GWB minions will write it and its going to be GWB friendly as humanly possible. An honesty rating of take with many grains of salt with salt quanties in the multi ton range recommended.

2. There is likely to be some sort of congressional testimony even if Petraeus does not directly testify. Depending on the hard questions asked, there is likely some potential followup truths to be found in that venue.

3. Although not available to the public, various congressional leaders may speak in private with Patraeus or those around him and they may get some real insights without being censored if the conversation is indeed not being monitored.

4. There will still be events on the ground. The Iraqi government may choose to spin things GWB's way, there will still be the normal random level of insurgent violence, but the real question is will some insurgents choose to stage large scale attacks to deliberately discredit the Patraeus report?

Sep 12, 2004
LL - You forgot the 5th version of the report, the one from the anti-war crowd. Their version of the original will be parsed, mischaracterized, cherry-picked, taken out of context, and generally turned into something that doesn't come close to resembling the original.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
The White House is not "ghost writing" the report. They are actually writing it because, by law, it is THEIR responsibility to do so. I know the left looks at the phrase "Patraeus Report" and jumps to the immediate conclusion that Patraeus must also write the damn thing, but legislative requirements trump whatever the left thinks, believe it or not.

You may have some hiding behind that wilted fig leaf. The Whitehouse has been mouthing Patraeus' name for months to avoid giving any information to Congress or the American people:

Dana Perino, August 14:

Obviously, there is going to be a report from Ambassador Crocker and General David Petraeus in September. We'll have to take a look at those.

Tony Snow, August 1:

Now, let us keep in mind that the full burden of this report does not fall on his shoulders. A lot of the key judgments, especially about politics, will fall on Ambassador Crocker. So this is ? although I know a lot of people talk about "the Petraeus report," in fact, you have a report that is a joint report by General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker. And so we trust him.

Dick Cheney, July 30:

I don't want to make those judgments. I think those really turn more on the kind of advice we get from the military. We're all waiting to see what General Petraeus produces by way of his report back, in September. But in terms of achieving our objectives, I think it's very important that the United States not withdraw from Iraq, not adopt a posture of some of our friends on the other side of the aisle who are calling, in effect, for accepting retreat as the outcome.

Tony Snow, July 24:

The fact is that Ambassador Crocker and General Petraeus will be putting together a plan ? not really a plan, but a report ? that will assess the success to date of the surge, militarily, economically, diplomatically, politically, and so on. And that's really what you've got to look for.

Tony Snow, July 23:

Ambassador Crocker and General Petraeus will be issuing a report, again pursuant to that legislation, that's due September 15th. I think the first thing to do is to figure out, when you have a brand new operation underway, how's it doing. I think the American people want to know that...

Tony Snow, July 20:

You know what, I'm not going to try to prejudge. It is the business of General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker to provide a full report to Congress. It is ? those are their ? it is their call to make in terms of trying to measure against the metrics that are outlined in the benchmarks, as well as providing other supporting data. I do not ? I don't think it's their business to prejudge; what they're supposed to do is to provide a full and factual report.

Tony Snow, July 18:

It's important for members of Congress to get a fuller sense of how the surge is working, or also where they think it's not working. They're going to get a report ? they want a report on September 15th from Ambassador Crocker and General Petraeus; they'll get that. And at that point, people will be able to make further assessments.

Stephen Hadley, July 13:

There is a process for doing an orderly consideration in September about where we are in Iraq. It starts with a report from General Petraeus and Ryan Crocker, but it's, as the President said, it will be a process that will be an inclusive one, and will include Republicans and Democrats in Congress.

Tony Snow, July 13:

What happens is, is that the report you're going to get is going to be a joint production between the two (Patraeus and Hadley), so it will reflect their combined judgment.

George W. Bush, July 12:

And you asked, how long does one wait? I will repeat, as the Commander-in-Chief of a great military who has supported this military and will continue to support this military, not only with my ? with insisting that we get resources to them, but with ? by respecting the command structure, I'm going to wait for David to come back ? David Petraeus to come back and give us the report on what he sees. And then we'll use that data, that ? his report to work with the rest of the military chain of command, and members of Congress, to make another decision, if need be.

And let's not forget how many Republicans in Congress were pimping the Whitehouse's bait and switch crap to the American people:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell:

Let me remind the Senate of what we agreed to?We voted, and put into law, that General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker would report in September on progress. The benchmarks report and the timeline we set in May was clear. It gave us, the troops, and our allies, clarity on what was expected.

Senator John McCain:

The war will be discussed in September again?we all know that?when General Petraeus is ready to report to the Senate?General Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker will come to Washington in September to report on the status of their efforts and those of the Iraqis.

Senator Jeff Sessions:

To press the point further, I strongly believe that whatever the inclinations of Senators on the conduct of the war in Iraq, to change our strategy now before we even hear from General Petraeus in September would be a colossal blunder for a host of reasons. To do so would be unthinkable?I am anxious to hear General Petraeus?s report.

Senator Norm Coleman:

Fifty-four days ago we sent a message to General Petraeus: Go forth with the surge, and then come back and report to us.

Senator Saxby Chambliss:

I have never been more convinced that waiting for General Petraeus?s report in September was more right than yesterday afternoon?

Senator Larry "I'm not gay" Craig:

That?s why when we confirmed General Petraeus unanimously in the Senate, we said to him very clearly, you go to Iraq in relation to a surge that is being implemented and you come back to us and give us your honest and fair assesement in September.

Senator John Cornyn:

But the fact is, General David Petraeus?will come back and report to us in September.

Senator Jim DeMint:

The Democrats agreed on that funding, but they requested that we have a report from General Petraeus in the middle of September to find out what progress we were making. We all agreed to that.

Senator Jim Bunning:

I promised in person, in my office, to General Petraeus, that I would wait to hear his report this fall.

And everyone?s favorite neo-Republican ass licker, Senator Joe Lieberman:

In fact, this amendment should not even be considered now?Because in that bill we required General Petraeus, along with our Ambassador to Baghdad, Ryan Crocker, to come back in September and report to us?I made a personal pledge to him. I am going to give him and the troops a fair chance, which this amendment would deprive him of, and I am going to give him until September to come back and tell me how it is going.

I don't see any of them referring to "The Whitehouse Report." :roll:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
LL - You forgot the 5th version of the report, the one from the anti-war crowd. Their version of the original will be parsed, mischaracterized, cherry-picked, taken out of context, and generally turned into something that doesn't come close to resembling the original.

Well I see you are finally talking about the truth for once in your life TLC. Or at least thats the snappy comeback you just set up for. LOL.

On a more serious note, the Patraeus report will really be a good part predicting the unknowable future. And hence only much later can we really evaluate how good is it now.
With the now being when it comes out.

And the same might be said about the fifth hypothetical version the anti-war crowd comes up with. And again the two versions can only be later accurately compared. Which version will come closer to predicting the future. So far the anti-war crowd has the better track record.

Sep 12, 2004
Harvey. Your googling apparently missed these:

Google Search

Whom the report is being written by is already known, and it was legislated by a majority Democratic Congress some months back. But if you listen to all the talking heads to get your facts instead...well, that's that's the reason for you being uninformed about the matter right there. Tip for the future - Go to the source instead.

And no need to thank me.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Google Search

Whom the report is being written by is already known, and it was legislated by a majority Democratic Congress some months back. But if you listen to all the talking heads to get your facts instead...well, that's that's the reason for you being uninformed about the matter right there. Tip for the future - Go to the source instead.

And no need to thank me.

I already posted that info earlier. AFAIK Harvey never responded to it.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

Google Search

Of course. The Whitehouse spin meisters launched their media catch phrase, "Petraeus Report," and the name stuck. Do you seriously believe it wasn't their intent? :roll:

And no need to thank me.

Thank you for proving the point. :beer:

Sep 12, 2004

Google Search

Of course. The Whitehouse spin meisters launched their media catch phrase, "Petraeus Report," and the name stuck. Do you seriously believe it wasn't their intent? :roll:
Is that a fact? Do you have undeniable proof that it was the White House that launched that phrase? For all we know it was a straw man invention of the left so they could make much thunder about it later down the road.

And no need to thank me.

Thank you for proving the point. :beer:
No problem. Glad to have helped you understand. :thumbsup:

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

• There were no WMD's.

rose.gif
rose.gif

Obviously Corbett should be shot, he's as much a traitor as Bush and his whackos........

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn
Obviously Corbett should be shot, he's as much a traitor as Bush and his whackos........

Oooh... Look who's learning something! :cool:

But no, Corbett didn't lie to start a war or give any orders that resulted in the deaths of 3,742 (and rising) American troops. As far as I know, neither did you.

Personally, I don't want Bush and the rest of the admin traitors shot for their treason. I'd much rather see them given all expenses paid lifetime vacations at the beautiful downtown Guantanamo Hilton with free daily passes for the exciting waterboard rides.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

• There were no WMD's.

rose.gif
rose.gif

A little harsh aren't you Corn? I think Corbett's just being stuborn and misled. Once Bush pandered to the Ridiculous..err Religious Right he had Corbett hook, line and sinker. You on the other hand being witty, intelligent and most importantly coherent should know better. You don't have to like the Democrats and who can really blame you but it really must frost your cookies to try and justify President Bush when you know, being witty, intelligent and coherent, that he has been disasterous not only for our country but your party.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

• There were no WMD's.

rose.gif
rose.gif

A little harsh aren't you Corn? I think Corbett's just being stuborn and misled. Once Bush pandered to the Ridiculous..err Religious Right he had Corbett hook, line and sinker. You on the other hand being witty, intelligent and most importantly coherent should know better. You don't have to like the Democrats and who can really blame you but it really must frost your cookies to try and justify President Bush when you know, being witty, intelligent and coherent, that he has been disasterous not only for our country but your party.

You will find little praise of Bush in any post I've ever put to binary here Red. If anything, I'm probably more bitter at Bush's handling of Iraq than even Harvey's facade. The only satisfaction I get from the Bush presidency is that the mere mention of his name causes all manner of liberati freak outs.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
You will find little praise of Bush in any post I've ever put to binary here Red. If anything, I'm probably more bitter at Bush's handling of Iraq than even Harvey's facade. The only satisfaction I get from the Bush presidency is that the mere mention of his name causes all manner of liberati freak outs.

Umm... facade??? What have I ever posted that gives you even the slightest indication that I'm not genuinely pissed at your Traitor In Chief and his cabal for the crimes they've committed against the American people and the world? :shocked:

If you're so damned "bitter," where were you during this whole fiasco while thousands of Americans were dying and thousands more were being wounded in the name of their lies?
rose.gif

And if you consider yourself any kind of "conservative," where was your voice of "bitter" protest while they squandered trillions of dollars our great grandchildren will still be paying off while pursuing their madness? :frown:

It's nice to know you finally woke up to all of the Bushwhackos' egregious crimes and dismal failures, but you're a bit tardy to the party to be claiming that umm... facade of indignant bitterness. :roll:

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Yet I can't recall you ever calling Bush to task for anything, but I can recall your defense of him. Actions do speak louder then words.

Status
Not open for further replies.