General Petraeus Would Rather Betray Us Than Tell Us The Truth, After All.

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The oft mentioned points is that what we know about GWB&co. is damning enough and someone like Harvey is pretty good at summing up a very damning list. And for every list Harvey posts, others can post longer non overlapping lists equally damning.

What is not yet known is likely to be a more important consideration. The question is what will be later learned and when? The fact is that various congressional investigating committee are now working and I had thought we would be seeing results by now, at any time a whistle blower or a brand new scandal could surface, and many of the secrets are in Presidential papers that can't remain concealed forever.

Which may well mean that GWB, Cheney, and many many of their minions will be looking over their shoulders for the rest of life. Hoping that justice and criminal prosecution will not catch up with them.

And the same set of rascals may end up being the first Americans in history to be indicted and extradited to the Hague to stand trial for international war crimes.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Corn
You will find little praise of Bush in any post I've ever put to binary here Red. If anything, I'm probably more bitter at Bush's handling of Iraq than even Harvey's facade. The only satisfaction I get from the Bush presidency is that the mere mention of his name causes all manner of liberati freak outs.

Umm... facade??? What have I ever posted that gives you even the slightest indication that I'm not genuinely pissed at your Traitor In Chief and his cabal for the crimes they've committed against the American people and the world? :shocked:

If you're so damned "bitter," where were you during this whole fiasco while thousands of Americans were dying and thousands more were being wounded in the name of their lies?
rose.gif
:(

And if you consider yourself any kind of "conservative," where was your voice of "bitter" protest while they squandered trillions of dollars our great grandchildren will still be paying off while pursuing their madness? :frown:

It's nice to know you finally woke up to all of the Bushwhackos' egregious crimes and dismal failures, but you're a bit tardy to the party to be claiming that umm... facade of indignant bitterness. :roll:

You don't know jack about jack Harvey and I really don't feel any need to explain to you any motivation I may have. One thing is clear: you and I are polar opposites regarding the subject of the war in Iraq. I wholeheartedly supported Bush's invasion of Iraq. It is the resultant failure to stabilize the country that has me disgusted. The worst possible outcome I can imagine is cutting and running before the insurgency has been pacified.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's nice to know you finally woke up to all of the Bushwhackos' egregious crimes and dismal failures, but you're a bit tardy to the party to be claiming that umm... facade of indignant bitterness. :roll:

You don't know jack about jack Harvey and I really don't feel any need to explain to you any motivation I may have. One thing is clear: you and I are polar opposites regarding the subject of the war in Iraq.

Dayumm... Did I really need to use <sarcasm> tags? :laugh:

I wholeheartedly supported Bush's invasion of Iraq.

Proving conclusively that you're the one who doesn't know jack about jack, Jack. You can save your worthless explanations. Bush doesn't have any that makes any sense, either. :p

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Corbett
As I said several times, the only reason I said anything about it was in response to other posts that raised the issue, but my service in the Reserves has nothing to do with my criticism of the adminstration. However, since you failed to notice, as I also posted, my Reserve unit was called up to go to Vietnam shortly after I was discharged. Had I enlisted a few months later, I would have been called up. That was 1968, and I had no say in how it worked out. How is that relevant? :roll:

I criticize the administration because they were ethically, morally and legally dead ass wrong to sacrifice American lives for their lies. The fact that most of them are chickenhawks is just more salt in the very open, bleeding wound they inflicted on our nation. :(

The point you are missing here is that you feel the need to call the Bush administration "chickenhawks" because of their lack of or minimal service, when you yourself have the same credentials you claim they have for military service.

Is having served in Afghanistan - Iraq and currently in Afghanistan enough to call them chickenhawks?

I'll stand by his statements and i'll salute him as my brother in arms.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Harvey, why are you so mad at the Bush administration over this report? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to get pissed off at the Democrat controlled congress that YOU voted into office that set the terms for this report? Surely they noticed the fact that everyone was calling it the "Petraeus report", shouldn't they have stepped in and told everyone that its not the "Petraeus report" and that the white house is writing it? Your feigned outrage here is a little silly.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Fact: GWB has been in more combat zones, during hostilities, than Harvey.

Sorry Harvey, but it's true. While I do respect your service in the Reserves, I am getting rather sick of you questioning GWB's service to the nation. He is in more mortal danger, every day, than you were during your entire enlistment.

Yeah, being guarded by a company of troops and two helicopters at all times make such surprise visits oh so scary, he's safer there than you'd be walking the streets in NY in broad daylight and YOU KNOW THAT.

At the same time in Kabul, we're waiting for something to do, we have been waiting for a LONG time. When, pray tell are we going after the real terrorists instead of playing war with bullshit insurgency crap? Can you tell me that mr intelligence officer, when the fuck are we going into Pakistan, after the real terrorists, you know, the ones responsible for 9/11 and the bombings in Spain and UK? Let me guess... NEVER? Oooh, gotta fight Iran, sooo much better because THAT is where the terrorists are, give me a fucking break.

This political bullshit is wearing me out so you'll have to excuse me if i sound a bit harsh, lay of it, it wasn't all that long ago you had your boots on the ground so i don't think you've forgotten about it, or have you?

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: JD50
Harvey, why are you so mad at the Bush administration over this report? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to get pissed off at the Democrat controlled congress that YOU voted into office that set the terms for this report? Surely they noticed the fact that everyone was calling it the "Petraeus report", shouldn't they have stepped in and told everyone that its not the "Petraeus report" and that the white house is writing it? Your feigned outrage here is a little silly.

It could be because just like every other "happy diddly doo report" that has ever been presented is a lie to the general public about something that they need to know about?

The thing is that from what i know of this, it focuses on specific areas specifically targeted and of FUCKING course it's gotten better there, it's like focusing the police force into one neighborhood and then while everything is going to shits everywhere else you report only what happened in that particular neighborhood.

IOW, it would be more interesting to get a compilation of reports from the different lower level commanders around Iraq, but that would not tell the pretty story this report will.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

Sorry Harvey, but it's true. While I do respect your service in the Reserves, I am getting rather sick of you questioning GWB's service to the nation. He is in more mortal danger, every day, than you were during your entire enlistment.

Yeah, being guarded by a company of troops and two helicopters at all times make such surprise visits oh so scary, he's safer there than you'd be walking the streets in NY in broad daylight and YOU KNOW THAT.

At the same time in Kabul, we're waiting for something to do, we have been waiting for a LONG time. When, pray tell are we going after the real terrorists instead of playing war with bullshit insurgency crap? Can you tell me that mr intelligence officer, when the fuck are we going into Pakistan, after the real terrorists, you know, the ones responsible for 9/11 and the bombings in Spain and UK? Let me guess... NEVER? Oooh, gotta fight Iran, sooo much better because THAT is where the terrorists are, give me a fucking break.

This political bullshit is wearing me out so you'll have to excuse me if i sound a bit harsh, lay of it, it wasn't all that long ago you had your boots on the ground so i don't think you've forgotten about it, or have you?

Who is we?

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Sinsear

Who is we?

"We" are the ones currently in Afghanistan who are not part of the various peace keeping missions or assigned guard duty but still get a prolonged stay for some stupid reason.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Sinsear

Who is we?

"We" are the ones currently in Afghanistan who are not part of the various peace keeping missions or assigned guard duty but still get a prolonged stay for some stupid reason.

And which country's military are you in again?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I think Corbett's just being stuborn and misled. Once Bush pandered to the Ridiculous..err Religious Right he had Corbett hook, line and sinker.

LOL! I may be a Christian, and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, but I fail to see how that makes me some lemming of Jerry Falwell or something. Thats like saying because you have "some" liberal leanings, you answer to Geroge Soros!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Trust me, I'm right there with ya in wanting to send teams and air strikes into NW Pakistan to finally and properly take care of business. You're preaching to the choir!

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Harvey, why are you so mad at the Bush administration over this report?

If you don't know the answer to that after replying to as many of my posts as you have, you really need to seek some help for that ADD and short term memory loss.

Wouldn't it make more sense for you to get pissed off at the Democrat controlled congress that YOU voted into office that set the terms for this report?

I am pissed that Congress hasn't been able to do enough to curb the Lying Piece Of Shit In Chief's war of LIES. I'm pissed at those Democrats who don't have enough spine to impeach the Traitor In Chief, the Vice Traitor for their horrendous crimes against the American people and the world. I'm pissed because, even if every Democrat in Congress voted to do it, they don't have enough of a majority to override the minority of Republican knuckle draggers who have filibustered and otherwise blocked every previous action by the Democratic majority intended to rein in this criminal administration.

It makes sense to be pissed at all of those, but not MORE sense than being MORE pissed at your Traitor In Chief and his gang of criminal stumble bums. The evidence is overwhelming and conclusive that they've lied with every excuse they've offered for starting their war of LIES and that they've screwed up everything else of national importance from caring for wounded veterans, to Katrina, to infrastructure issues, to health issues, to fiscal responsiblity, to corruption throughout the administration from top to bottom since the day they took office. They are directly responsible for murdering 3,742 (and rising) American troops and leaving tens of thousands more wounded and disabled.
rose.gif
:(.
rose.gif

Surely they noticed the fact that everyone was calling it the "Petraeus report", shouldn't they have stepped in and told everyone that its not the "Petraeus report" and that the white house is writing it? Your feigned outrage here is a little silly.

Why would they call it by any name other than the bait and switch title it was given by your Lying Piece Of Shit In Chief?

There's nothing feigned about my outrage. It extends to the water carrying lamers who attempt to divert and distract attention from the administration's multiple felonies and failures by asking stupid, irrelevant questions... like yours. :roll:

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Harvey, why are you so mad at the Bush administration over this report?

If you don't know the answer to that after replying to as many of my posts as you have, you really need to seek some help for that ADD and short term memory loss.

Wouldn't it make more sense for you to get pissed off at the Democrat controlled congress that YOU voted into office that set the terms for this report?

I am pissed that Congress hasn't been able to do enough to curb the Lying Piece Of Shit In Chief's war of LIES. I'm pissed at those Democrats who don't have enough spine to impeach the Traitor In Chief, the Vice Traitor for their horrendous crimes against the American people and the world. I'm pissed because, even if every Democrat in Congress voted to do it, they don't have enough of a majority to override the minority of Republican knuckle draggers who have filibustered and otherwise blocked every previous action by the Democratic majority intended to rein in this criminal administration.

It makes sense to be pissed at all of those, but not MORE sense than being MORE pissed at your Traitor In Chief and his gang of criminal stumble bums. The evidence is overwhelming and conclusive that they've lied with every excuse they've offered for starting their war of LIES and that they've screwed up everything else of national importance from caring for wounded veterans, to Katrina, to infrastructure issues, to health issues, to fiscal responsiblity, to corruption throughout the administration from top to bottom since the day they took office. They are directly responsible for murdering 3,742 (and rising) American troops and leaving tens of thousands more wounded and disabled.
rose.gif
:(.
rose.gif

Surely they noticed the fact that everyone was calling it the "Petraeus report", shouldn't they have stepped in and told everyone that its not the "Petraeus report" and that the white house is writing it? Your feigned outrage here is a little silly.

Why would they call it by any name other than the bait and switch title it was given by your Lying Piece Of Shit In Chief?

There's nothing feigned about my outrage. It extends to the water carrying lamers who attempt to divert and distract attention from the administration's multiple felonies and failures by asking stupid, irrelevant questions... like yours. :roll:

Keep screaming, keep foaming, keep flailing, keep up the disturbed psycho stalker facade......It certainly is amusing. Oh, sure, you claim this is no facade, but you are a one trick pony. You whine about Bush subervting your rights but utter no complaint when the democrats do the same--if not worse. If I didn't know you were an actual person, I'd assume you were a bot programmed into the forum software by Derek:

10 get text
20 if text = "bush" then goto 40
30 goto 10
40 if forum = "love and relationships" then print ":camera:" else run harveybot
50 goto 10

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Keep screaming, keep foaming, keep flailing, keep up the disturbed psycho stalker facade......It certainly is amusing.

You keep pimping your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES, and the best you can do is point fingers everywhere but at the central issue of how badly he and his criminal cabal haves fucked it up and how badly this administration has handled almost EVERY problem the nation faces. Aren't you someone to talk about a "disturbed psycho stalker facade?" :shocked:

It would be worth a hearty Buahahahaha! if the results weren't so tragic. As of 9/5/07 12:25 pm EDT, they've murdered 3,750 American troops in Iraq, eight more than just a few hours ago, along with those tens of thousands more wounded and disabled Americans.
rose.gif
rose.gif

Doesn't that just fill your heart with pride for your Murderer In Chief and his merry band of TRAITORS? :roll:

Why don't you ask the families and friends of those American troops which of us is a "psycho stalker?" Why don't you ask them which of us is putting on a "facade?"

You are truly disgusting! :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Keep screaming, keep foaming, keep flailing, keep up the disturbed psycho stalker facade......It certainly is amusing.

You keep pimping your Traitor In Chief's war of LIES, and the best you can do is point fingers everywhere but at the central issue of how badly he and his criminal cabal haves fucked it up and how badly this administration has handled almost EVERY problem the nation faces. Aren't you someone to talk about a "disturbed psycho stalker facade?" :shocked:

It would be worth a hearty Buahahahaha! if the results weren't so tragic. As of 9/5/07 12:25 pm EDT, they've murdered 3,750 American troops in Iraq, eight more than just a few hours ago, along with those tens of thousands more wounded and disabled Americans.
rose.gif
rose.gif

Doesn't that just fill your heart with pride for your Murderer In Chief and his merry band of TRAITORS? :roll:

Why don't you ask the families and friends of those American troops which of us is a "psycho stalker?" Why don't you ask them which of us is putting on a "facade?"

You are truly disgusting! :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Until you can come up with a post in which I've "pimped" Bush's results regarding the war in Iraq I will ask that you please discontinue misrepresenting my personal views. The only thing which is actually disgusting is your lack of integrity and honesty.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
You whine about Bush subverting your rights but utter no complaint when the democrats do the same--if not worse.

What Democrat President and band of cronies is "subverting" our rights?

Well DM you gotta admit that some democratic congressmen are subverting the the ability of GWB&co. to keep on subverting the constitutional rights of the American people while they make a complete botch of everything in the USA and the rest of the world. On the upside, there is no evidence that GWB&co. is screwing up anything on the Moon, Mars, or the rest of the known non-earth parts of Universe.

But any restrictions on GWB&co's ability to screw up planet Earth does upset certain people a great deal as you can evidently see.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Until you can come up with a post in which I've "pimped" Bush's results regarding the war in Iraq I will ask that you please discontinue misrepresenting my personal views. The only thing which is actually disgusting is your lack of integrity and honesty.

So you're reading challenged, as well? I know you posted that you didn't like how badly the Bushwhackos fucked up the execution of their war of lies, and I already replied to acknowledge that.

You've pimped the war, itself. Regardless of whether you don't like the way the Bushwhackos screwed the pooch, after six years of nothing but lies and lame excuses for murdering all of those American troops, if you still support the war in Iraq in any way, YOU are the one who lacks integrity and honesty.

Don't take my word for it. Ask the families and friends of those dead and wounded American troops which of us is being honest about it.
rose.gif

Don't like the truth? Tough shit!

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

So you're reading challenged, as well? I know you posted that you didn't like how badly the Bushwhackos fucked up the execution of their war of lies, and I already replied to acknowledge that.

You've pimped the war, itself. Regardless of whether you don't like the way the Bushwhackos screwed the pooch, after six years of nothing but lies and lame excuses for murdering all of those American troops, if you still support the war in Iraq in any way, YOU are the one who lacks integrity and honesty.

Don't take my word for it. Ask the families and friends of those dead and wounded American troops which of us is being honest about it.
rose.gif

This is the last I will say regarding any support I may have had for the Iraq war. Had I known then how Bush was going to fuck up Iraq I would *never* have approved of the invasion. This has nothing to do with the supposed "lies" used to sell this war. I don't, not for a second, believe that Bush or anyone in his administration knew or believed that Saddam didn't have WMD's and therefore your "war of LIES" is nothing but a lie in and of itself. The motivation for my initial support of the war had *nothing* to do with any kind of support for Bush or 911 revenge. I personally could care less whether or not you believe thats true.

The difference between you and I? I've never once lied to you........you've lied to me several times. Doesn't matter that you "had" to, you're still a liar.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

rose.gif

This is the last I will say regarding any support I may have had for the Iraq war. Had I known then how Bush was going to fuck up Iraq I would *never* have approved of the invasion. This has nothing to do with the supposed "lies" used to sell this war. I don't, not for a second, believe that Bush or anyone in his administration knew or believed that Saddam didn't have WMD's and therefore your "war of LIES" is nothing but a lie in and of itself. The motivation for my initial support of the war had *nothing* to do with any kind of support for Bush or 911 revenge. I personally could care less whether or not you believe thats true.

The difference between you and I? I've never once lied to you........you've lied to me several times. Doesn't matter that you "had" to, you're still a liar.

Corn,

You are sure tossing the someone lied charges around when in fact we are all emotional animals and have opinions that don't always pan out. I just got done reviewing some of your pasts posts and can hardly conclude you have been honest with us although you may be biased on that subject. Nor will I make any claim any infallibility either.

More importantly you have admitted you were wrong about GWB and now are sadder but wiser. Or to put it in a more frank way, you lied to yourself.

Learn and let live and don't judge lest you be judged.

When your views are discredited by subsequent events and you go around insulting people
in Pakistan by suggesting that their country will always be India's parking lot, maybe you should worry about the impact---be it positive or negative---your sum of posts harvest you
in making the world a better place.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
[ ... ]
This has nothing to do with the supposed "lies" used to sell this war. I don't, not for a second, believe that Bush or anyone in his administration knew or believed that Saddam didn't have WMD's and therefore your "war of LIES" is nothing but a lie in and of itself. ...
A lie is any statement or action intended to deceive. I have no doubt most, perhaps even all, of the people within the Bush administration sincerely believed Iraq had some remaining WMD capabilities. Had they said, "We think Iraq still has some WMD capabilities," that would have been truthful. That is not what they said, however. That's where the lies started.

The lies were in the way the Bush administration sold the war on Iraq. They lied about the certainty of their information, e.g., "There is no doubt" when there was, in fact, significant doubt about many of their claims. They lied about the extent of Iraq's remaining WMD capabilities, e.g. claiming greater quantities and capabilities than was supported by their intel. They lied about the threat posed by Iraq, for example publicly suggesting Iraq would provide WMDs to terrorists when their own analysts said this was extremely unlikely ... except maybe, maybe in a situation where Hussein felt he had nothing left to lose, e.g., an invasion by the U.S.

The Bush administration lied about their motives and agenda for invading; several insiders have come forward to say Bush/Cheney were determined to invade Iraq long before they had built a case to do so. They lied by intentionally shopping for cherry-picked intel to justify their predetermined decision, going so far as setting up their own intel agency when the CIA wouldn't provide sufficiently inflammatory reports. They lied by using innuendo to suggest a connection between Iraq and 9/11. The list goes on and on.

In short, the Bush administration did not give America a full and honest report on what they did and did not know about Iraq. Instead, they intentionally withheld, misrepresented, and overstated the real story to deceive us to sell their invasion. That is lying, plain and simple.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To Bowfinger,

I am in absolute and total agreement with your end conclusion of----In short, the Bush administration did not give America a full and honest report on what they did and did not know about Iraq. Instead, they intentionally withheld, misrepresented, and overstated the real story to deceive us to sell their invasion. That is lying, plain and simple.

To some extent the "leadership" always engages in that practice of telling us far less than the complete truth. The real disasters only occur when lying sacks of shits get married to complete incompetents.

And that is the long and the short of GWB&co. May God have mercies on our souls because we have already lost our ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.