General Petraeus Would Rather Betray Us Than Tell Us The Truth, After All.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Harvey, are you seriously saying that you haven't criticized pro war people on this board for not signing up and going to Iraq?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
George W. Bush - ducked combat by failing to report for his required flight qualification.
Dick Cheney - applied for and received five draft deferments.
Richard Perle - no military service
Elliott Abrams - no military service
Paul Wolfowitz - no military service
Karl Rove - no military service

So then you believe that serving a few years in the reserves and never getting called up gives you the right to criticize others' military service?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
If it's such a good idea, why haven't you volunteered to put yours on the line for those lies?

Since you're so willing to spill other peoples' blood and squander other peoples' lives, show us you mean it by volunteering to fight on the front lines, yourself. If not, as they say in your Murderer In Chief's home state of Texas, you're all hat and no horse. :thumbdown; :thumbdown;

Just to name a few. I'm not even going to start quoting all of your "spill other peoples blood" type comments.

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
General Petraeus ...

What a freak. The guy incinerates kids, every day of his life and he now tells us the truth. :D

I love this war.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: tomywishbone
General Petraeus ...

What a freak. The guy incinerates kids, every day of his life and he now tells us the truth. :D

I love this war.

Care to elaborate on this statement?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: tomywishbone
General Petraeus ...

I love this war.

:confused: wtf?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
Harvey, are you seriously saying that you haven't criticized pro war people on this board for not signing up and going to Iraq?

Are you seriously saying I have? It's possible, but I searched a lot of my posts, but not all, even going back to archived posts, and all I found were posts where I've called many members of the administration chickenhawks. They are that and much worse. They are people in positions of power who really started a real war in which real people, other than themselves, their families and their friends are really dying, and every excuse they offered for doing so really was a real lie.

Please find the posts where I've criticized pro-war members for not enlisting, and I'll address them. I'm not saying I haven't referred to some members as chickenhawks, as well, but if so, my response would depend on who and in what context I made the comment.

As of 9/1/07 12:01 am EDT, 3,739 American troops have died for their lies, and tens of thousands more are wounded, scarred and disabled for life.
rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

For all for their public jackoff posturing about terrorist threats, the Bushwhackos are directly responsible for killing more Americans than Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda did in the attacks of 9-11. Calling them chickenhawks simply means that they're not willing to squander their own lives or the lives of their families and friends for their bogus war the way they've squandered the lives and bodies of thousands of others.

Every member of this administration should be tried and convicted for murder for each and every one of those deaths. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by: Corbett
So then you believe that serving a few years in the reserves and never getting called up gives you the right to criticize others' military service?

As I said several times, the only reason I said anything about it was in response to other posts that raised the issue, but my service in the Reserves has nothing to do with my criticism of the adminstration. However, since you failed to notice, as I also posted, my Reserve unit was called up to go to Vietnam shortly after I was discharged. Had I enlisted a few months later, I would have been called up. That was 1968, and I had no say in how it worked out. How is that relevant? :roll:

I criticize the administration because they were ethically, morally and legally dead ass wrong to sacrifice American lives for their lies. The fact that most of them are chickenhawks is just more salt in the very open, bleeding wound they inflicted on our nation. :(

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
As I said several times, the only reason I said anything about it was in response to other posts that raised the issue, but my service in the Reserves has nothing to do with my criticism of the adminstration. However, since you failed to notice, as I also posted, my Reserve unit was called up to go to Vietnam shortly after I was discharged. Had I enlisted a few months later, I would have been called up. That was 1968, and I had no say in how it worked out. How is that relevant? :roll:

I criticize the administration because they were ethically, morally and legally dead ass wrong to sacrifice American lives for their lies. The fact that most of them are chickenhawks is just more salt in the very open, bleeding wound they inflicted on our nation. :(

The point you are missing here is that you feel the need to call the Bush administration "chickenhawks" because of their lack of or minimal service, when you yourself have the same credentials you claim they have for military service.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

The point you are missing here is that you feel the need to call the Bush administration "chickenhawks" because of their lack of or minimal service, when you yourself have the same credentials you claim they have for military service.

Get a clue Corbett. The best the chicken hawk neocons can muster is the reserve military record of GWB himself. And while Harvey may have served in the reserves, he at least completed that service totally and GWB ducked out on much of his reserve obligation. After GWB, the neocon service record is nonexistent because the sad and sorry lot don't have any personal clue on what military service is.

But maybe we should pay attention to only active military types likes Charles Granger and Lynde England. Or the ever to be forgotten Lt. Calley. Maybe thats an insulting low blow to the thousands of wonderful and noble men and women who do serve honorably in the US military and totally unfair, but war can change people in good and bad ways. But very few ever come back from combat as naive as they were before they went in. Or as eager to drink of the warhawk koolaid. Its been my experience to have many friends in that group that came back sadder but far wiser.

And its their thinking they shared with me that is often a part of every post I make.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Fact: GWB has been in more combat zones, during hostilities, than Harvey.

Sorry Harvey, but it's true. While I do respect your service in the Reserves, I am getting rather sick of you questioning GWB's service to the nation. He is in more mortal danger, every day, than you were during your entire enlistment.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

The point you're missing, here, is that unlike the Bushwhacko murderers and traitors, I wasn't elected to a position of the highest public trust and authority, and nothing I do or say sends thousands of OTHER people to die for LIES!
rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

If you can't see the difference, you're as ethically and morally challenged as the Bushwhacko murderers and traitors you support.

Originally posted by: palehorse74

Fact: None of those 3,739 American troops who have died, and none of those tens of thousands more Americans wounded, scarred and disabled for life as of 9/1/07 12:01 am EDT, were killed or wounded on my orders, let alone for LIES.

George W. Bush and his criminal cabal are a fucking MURDERERS and TRAITORS. If you don't understand that basic truth, all of your military service means you're just one more mindless storm trooper in their army of tyranny. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Sorry Harvey, but it's true. While I do respect your service in the Reserves, I am getting rather sick of you questioning GWB's service to the nation. He is in more mortal danger, every day, than you were during your entire enlistment.
And our soldiers have been paying for it with their lives. Just imagine how many children throughout this country and in Iraq would have fathers and mothers if Bush had never been elected, hell never been born!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The notion that GWB is in any real mortal danger when he flies to Iraq or Afghanistan is absurd and an insult to the secret service who guard the President.

His little PR junkets are indeed safer than an Indiana flea market.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Just imagine how many children throughout this country and in Iraq would have fathers and mothers if Bush had never been elected, hell never been born!

This statement show just how immature and looney the left really is.

George W Bush did not sigle handedy created the Iraq war. Last I checked, our military was still voluneer.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Just imagine how many children throughout this country and in Iraq would have fathers and mothers if Bush had never been elected, hell never been born!

George W Bush did not sigle handedy created the Iraq war. Last I checked, our military was still voluneer.
First of all I'm not a Leftist. Secondly even if President Shit for Brains didn't single handedly create the Iraq War (that fuck up can be shared with his Neocon handlers and the fools like you who enable him with your blind support) if he wasn't President we wouldn't have invaded and occupied Iraq . Not only is he ultimtely responsible to the situation in Iraq he is also responsible for damaging America's status in the world. His foriegn Policy has been a disaster and it's not only those on the left who stand by that, those of us in the Middle and many on the Right also agree.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

That's funny:) The same can be said for many senators, does that make them better than someone who's actually put on the uniform?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

First of all I'm not a Leftist. Secondly even if President Shit for Brains didn't single handedly create the Iraq War (that fuck up can be shared with his Neocon handlers and the fools like you who enable him with your blind support) if he wasn't President we wouldn't have invaded and occupied Iraq . Not only is he ultimtely responsible to the situation in Iraq he is also responsible for damaging America's status in the world. His foriegn Policy has been a disaster and it's not only those on the left who stand by that, those of us in the Middle and many on the Right also agree.

Most aren't saying "I wish Bush has never been born." Thats just an immature statement to make. Lets jump in the time machine! No leftist says they are a leftist. They call themselves moderates or "progressives" and spount the same garbage you do. Also, way to avoid the whole last part of my last post. Our military is volunteer. Nobody as forced to do anything.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Most aren't saying "I wish Bush has never been born." Thats just an immature statement to make. Lets jump in the time machine! No leftist says they are a leftist. They call themselves moderates or "progressives" and spount the same garbage you do. Also, way to avoid the whole last part of my last post. Our military is volunteer. Nobody as forced to do anything.
I never said I wish he hadn't of been born, I stated that the world today would be a better place if he hadn't of been born. The same can be said about a lot of people who's actions have been detrimental to humanity which I believe Bushes Excellent Adventure in Iraq has been.

Secondly, besides my objection to the Iraq war (one shared by people of all political spectrums) what other leftist ideals have I put forth so you can confidently call me a leftist?

Finally what does having an all volunteer Army have to do with anything I said?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I never said I wish he hadn't of been born, I stated that the world today would be a better place if he hadn't of been born. The same can be said about a lot of people who's actions have been detrimental to humanity which I believe Bushes Excellent Adventure in Iraq has been.

Let me guess, another one of those people would be...Hitler? The left continually puts Hitler and Bush in the same box.

Secondly, besides my objection to the Iraq war (one shared by people of all political spectrums) what other leftist ideals have I put forth so you can confidently call me a leftist?
No thanks, I've said this many times before and dont have the time nor willingness to go back and read all your drivel again just to prove you wrong.

It has everything to do with what you said. "Think of how many children in the USA would have parents." Obivoulsy it didnt bother those parents when they signed up to join the military in the first place. Our soldiers knew what they were doing when they signed up.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Let me guess, another one of those people would be...Hitler? The left continually puts Hitler and Bush in the same box.
Nice try Kneejerk but I've never compared the two as there is no comparison

No thanks, I've said this many times before and dont have the time nor willingness to go back and read all your drivel again just to prove you wrong.
because you know if would be futile. Sure there are things I'm liberal about (I'm a live and let live social Liberal) but there are also many things I'm conservative about too.

It has everything to do with what you said. "Think of how many children in the USA would have parents." Obivoulsy it didnt bother those parents when they signed up to join the military in the first place. Our soldiers knew what they were doing when they signed up.
Well most of them signed up to help defend American Freedoms which has absolutely nothing to do with Iraq.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari

That's funny:) The same can be said for many senators, does that make them better than someone who's actually put on the uniform?
The point was only to counter those who focus on Bush never having been in/near combat.

But to answer your question anyway, no, there are very few men and women who are better people than those who have served, or are serving, in the US Military. :D :D

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
the patraeus report is still being worded by the MSM such that bush does not know what the content of the report is. lol.
it's just amazing how this whole sham of a scam is being played out in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.