GeForce 310.33 Beta Drivers Boost Performance By Up To 15%

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
What they do is take half the facts then spin them to push their agenda. For instance this is just a typical nvidia driver update thread. The other was a driver update combined with marketing pr and sales pushing.

Are you saying you see threads titles like this all the time "GeForce 310.33 Beta Drivers Boost Performance By Up To 15%"? And performance slides directly from Nvidia couldn't be marketing PR...

I'm not saying the OP did anything wrong at all but it seems like you have a double standard from what you stated and the reality of this thread.

OT - Good on Nvidia for squeezing more performance out of Kepler. Skyrim is one of my favorite games and 7% isn't anything to sneeze at.

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
Well, in that regard, we "can" just add all those who are problematic to our ignore lists. It's not ideal, but it could cut down on the BS we always see here.

You can do that but thats something i have never done and never will do as i like to read what people have to say no matter what because there is ways a chance for agreement because in order to reply you first have to listen, but that does not mean that you must give one.

Last edited:

Kuschelweich

Apr 1, 2011
Somewhat amusing how they're still optimizing for old games, surprised they haven't included Quake 4 now at 400fps or some such lol

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Are you saying you see threads titles like this all the time "GeForce 310.33 Beta Drivers Boost Performance By Up To 15%"? And performance slides directly from Nvidia couldn't be marketing PR...

I'm not saying the OP did anything wrong at all but it seems like you have a double standard from what you stated and the reality of this thread.

OT - Good on Nvidia for squeezing more performance out of Kepler. Skyrim is one of my favorite games and 7% isn't anything to sneeze at.

Only if you consider each driver series a simple PR plug.

Every driver is posted to geforce I don't really consider it as a sales site but an owners information resource site.

Edit: I hate typing on this kindle.

I could see where you are coming from if I came into a driver update thread and crapped all over it saying stupid things like "Wow 10 months later and all they did was fix their broken driver" that would be a crap. I went into a thread that had a driver update as well as tons of marketing and sales information. My questions were simple, how much did it increase power and how much worth is there left in these products that are at the top end which lose considerable market value as newer products come out. AMD did not do a good job clearing 40nm inventory prior to the 7970 launch, my thought was perhaps this was an attempt to do just that, clear out a large volume of inventory prior to the release of a new product that would see this gens valuation drop considerably. Sure they aren't going to make as much per card, but their goal here does not seem to be making a ton of money it seems to be purely a move to create market share and to take sales from their competitor.

I looked at it as a consumer, looking out for my best interests.

Last edited:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
What the hell happened in this thread? Haha.

Also for the record, Hokies stated he works for Galaxy, which is an nVidia only partner, so marketing thread? Sure, why not ;)

Why do people even get into it? After spending a month in the P&N section (goddamn election year) I've come to almost hate all of you flag waving jack-offs. Sure, I can ignore you all, but then this place would be empty since I'd have to ignore myself at some point (LOL.)

But on the topic, are there any WoW benches? I saw Blackened (AMD shill, remember guys?) posting about performance improvements for his 680s. Since WoW is on my plate, I only care bout that (right now.)

KTHXBAI!

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
What the hell happened in this thread? Haha.

Also for the record, Hokies stated he works for Galaxy, which is an nVidia only partner, so marketing thread? Sure, why not ;)

Why do people even get into it? After spending a month in the P&N section (goddamn election year) I've come to almost hate all of you flag waving jack-offs. Sure, I can ignore you all, but then this place would be empty since I'd have to ignore myself at some point (LOL.)

But on the topic, are there any WoW benches? I saw Blackened (AMD shill, remember guys?) posting about performance improvements for his 680s. Since WoW is on my plate, I only care bout that (right now.)

KTHXBAI!

Im not in any Shape or form on Galays Pay roll im just a User like you that Rep's the Company in a forum helping with Issue's and RMA'S What are my Kick backs?? 1 Flag Ship Gpu per generation...

I checked Nvidia's Drivers and seen this.. It is a direct Copy Paste from Nvidia's Web site.

This same thread is also posted on other forums so there is no marketing to it.. It is just passing of information to Nvidia users there is an Updated Driver out there go download it.

Last edited:

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
Im not in any Shape or form on Galays Pay roll im just a User like you that Rep's the Company in a forum helping with Issue's and RMA'S What are my Kick backs?? 1 Flag Ship Gpu per generation...
1 card per generation is still being paid in the form of hardware.

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
1 card per generation is still being paid in the form of hardware.

If you say so..

I still do not see how sharing updated Driver information is Marketing..

When there is like some Amd driver thread here every week or so..

You do not see me trolling in there.. I could careless what Amd is doing.... there for i do not even belong in the Amd driver thread nor do i want to be.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
These threads are getting as silly as some of the political nonsense threads with fanboyism and nonstop trolling. Also learned : anyone with an opposing viewpoint, apparently, is a marketer and/or AIC company employee. If you post praise about any brand, obviously you work for said company. Hokay. It might be time to avoid video card war threads just like political threads.

Last edited:

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
If you say so..
I didn't say so, you did. I have nothing against you, and nothing against you getting hardware in exchange for offering support, in fact that sounds like a decent arrangement. But when you make the statement, "in any Shape or form" and then say you get free hardware, well that sounds like some shape or form of payment to me. :)

Siberian

Jul 10, 2012
Start a petition for separate AMD/Nvidia sub-forums. I agree with you. Not a single conversation can be had in here without it quickly degenerating into a hate fest. Start a petition. I'll be the first to sign. :thumbsup:
There is a good chance that AMD will be out of business soon, so at seperate forum will not be needed.

Compddd

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2000
Where is a driver that has Borderlands 2 performance improvements? Lord knows it needs them.

Firestorm007

Dec 9, 2010
So you call me a troll because i noted the poor perf increase? Let's all praise NV for delivering gains within the +/- variation of benchmarks?

Make sure you all call yourselfs trolls in the AMD driver thread, where the gains are huge and tested by various review sites yet the bunch of NV fanboys in there thread crapping is obscene.

Maybe it's those magic AMD drivers again, Silver. I find it hilarious that the same people crying about trolls and bias, are the biggest culprits. These very same people constantly show up in AMD threads, doing the very same crap they bemoan about. I for one appreciate new drivers on both sides; but don't cry like a schoolgirl when you get a dose of your own medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.