GeForce 310.33 Beta Drivers Boost Performance By Up To 15%

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
They made a difference for me. Now every game runs flawless on all these games. 60fps 1080p 8x CSAA FXAA high quality 16xAF vsync on I get 60fps avg. drops to 50's thats it....... then comes back up. gl coupdeloop :eek:

games.jpg

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
I have been hoping for a long time that physics would get more involved in gameplay and not just some glorified bling.

Imho,

Indeed on game-play! However, personally don't see a dramatic or substantial shift in improvements with game-play based on this may systematically lock a title to one vendor - hence, why many of the effects are improvements, subjectively with fidelity.

This may take a complete effort by the industry itself on dramatic shifts on game-play but how does one start the ball rolling? Begin? In a competitive landscape? Where these resources may be cost immense?

Last edited:

Granseth

May 6, 2009
I got no solutions, just hope :)
Maybe nVidia could make drivers for AMDs cards since they have an open driver policy. Or maybe havoc or one of the other finally manages to make a good enough openCL/DirectCompute solution.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Imho,

Indeed on game-play! However, personally don't see a dramatic or substantial shit in improvements with game-play based on this may systematically lock a title to one vendor - hence, why many of the effects are improvements, subjectively with fidelity.

This may take a complete effort by the industry itself on dramatic shits on game-play but how does one start the ball rolling? Begin? In a competitive landscape? Where these resources may be cost immense?

Your post is a case where spellcheck wouldn't help, but a read through might... :D

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
The HIS 7970 X2 is the fastest video card, you must of missed the review.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2279060

The software adaptive vsync for crossfire was pretty impressive. Too bad the translation was so bad that I couldn't really understand what was being said about it. The graphs looked good though. I believe it was part of Radeon Pro? I would imagine something similar could be easily adapted to Nvidia GPU's which looks like it would be great news for dual card users for both brands.

I'm very sensitive to framerates and that's the main reason why I have never tried SLi/Xfire because I'm almost positive I would see the micro stutter.

DiogoDX

Oct 11, 2012
The software adaptive vsync for crossfire was pretty impressive. Too bad the translation was so bad that I couldn't really understand what was being said about it. The graphs looked good though. I believe it was part of Radeon Pro? I would imagine something similar could be easily adapted to Nvidia GPU's which looks like it would be great news for dual card users for both brands.

I'm very sensitive to framerates and that's the main reason why I have never tried SLi/Xfire because I'm almost positive I would see the micro stutter.
Yes. It's a feature of Radeonpro calling DFC.

- New: Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC) support. This feature acts like a frame rate limiter with smoothness control, just set a frame rate target and RadeonPro will try to keep it as close as possible while maintaining frame rendering times close to each other to avoid stuttering.

Combining this with vsync you have the smoothness of frame metering with the absence of tearing. Seems like a great tool for crossfire users (non crossfire users can also be benefited by these functions).

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Nvidia GPU's are attractive enough without them having to lower prices. A driver update or two down the road and things will be back where they were, however small a difference that might be. And you know who else thinks 1 or 2 PHysX titles per year are ridiculous? Just ask all those using Hybrid PhysX right now. They think it's worthless too. But they are second guessing their decisions because by using two cards, defeats the power consumption arguments they used previously. Better off just using one card to do it all and only use a second card if you really need it.
By the way, Borderlands 2 ALONE is worth the price of PhsyX admission. But it isn't alone.

So how's performance in Borderlands 2 with High Phsyx on a single card? Just curious.

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
HIS 7970 X2 is not from AMD is it?going by your logic 6990 was not the fastest either it was Asus Mars 590.

Yeah when you look at pedantically like that, but the 690 was priced as if is was a special edition custom job, as far im considered and most others seeing as your the first to moan about it, when some says the fastest card available then it does not specifically mean non custom jobs hence the name of the article.
On all the other sites that i have seen the article posted not one pep from people saying its not the fastest because it not from AMD them self.

Last edited:

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
You didn't answer my question fine.Also the test set was abysmal at best.

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
You didn't answer my question fine.Also the test set was abysmal at best.

I did because i didn't say the Asus Mars 590 was not the fastest because you presumed that i would claim the 6990 to be.
It does not matter what you think of the test, it does not change the facts.

Last edited:

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Going by your point until recently 680 lightning was the fastest card available.But everybody said 7970Ghz ed was the fastest funny.

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
Going by your point until recently 680 lightning was the fastest card available.But everybody said 7970Ghz ed was the fastest funny.

It depends on the specifics of the question and the context.
The fastest card available between the 2 brands is the fastest card available, custom or not.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
It depends on the specifics of the question and the context.The fastest card available between the 2 brands is the fastest card available, custom or not.
Exactly the "context".So depending on games 690 can still be considered the fastest and the "ms" issue is much bearable compared to "amd" alternatives.

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
Exactly the "context".So depending on games 690 can still be considered the fastest

If some asked which is the fastest standard non custom cooler/PCB gfx card from each brand then yes seeing as it wins by default because a non custom dual GPU 7xxx does not exist from AMD.
Someone who is looking to spend such money on a dual GPU would not get hungup on such a insignificant technicality, im not buying it because it has not got designed by AMD stamped on the PCB.

Last edited:

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009

nVidia has frame limiters, flexibility with V-sync, software and hardware frame rate metering.

Last edited:

Final8ty

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2007
Could not find this card on Newegg.

Stop being silly, your constant hair-splitting nitpicking does not change anything except making things tiresome, even the Devil 13 is beating the 690 now.
And more on the way.
http://www.techoftomorrow.com/2012/pc/club-3d-radeon-hd-7990-dual-gpu-monster-video-card-announced/

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage...D-7990-Graphics-Card-Launched-by-VTX3D-2.jpg/

I just bought four;

dual-tahiti-cards.jpg

Overclockers was taking too long deciding whether to maybe possibly make some watercooled 7990s with HIS, so we just got some custom copper/nickel heatsinks made up for the Powercolors. Currently testing with the original air coolers, will be mounting the waterblocks for 8-GPU overclocked testing next week;

Host machine has dual overclocked 8-core Xeons, 128 GB DDR3-1600, quad SSDs (Kingston MAX-IOPS in RAID0), 3 x 4 TB HDDs in RAID5 for bulk storage, dual 10 Gigabit ethernet, touch-screen system management panel on the front, dual 1200W PSUs, dual pumps, quad triple-fan rads etc.

Initial testing has confirmed that AMD has finally fixed the 'can't disable Crossfire on dual-GPU cards' bug that rendered the 5970 and 6990 paperweights for OpenCL purposes. Currently seeing 90%+ scaling on OpenCL apps over two GPUs, will be getting 8-way scaling numbers next week.

7990s-installed.jpg

7990s-watercooled.jpg

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=22937758#post22937758

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.