Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 525 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
How did you miss the Hound throwing down the hammer in frustration and pulling out the dragon glass to fight? It was exaggerated to show him switching weapons because regular ones weren't effective.
i thought he just pulled out a small hatchet?

but yeah it now makes sense as to why he threw away the big hammer in favor of a smaller weapon.
and why sir friendzone went from sword in all previous episodes to dual daggers in that episode.

i'll edit my post remove that as an example of sloppy writing.
thx

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so if cerci never intended to send troops to the wall to help, then why bother even offering?!

why not have the truce and just say her troops are going?

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Or it could be that people who love this show expect a consistent story and writing. If you just expect people to put stuff together themselves then don't even bother with next season. Just show Dany, Cerci, and John riding dragons, some some pretty crap, make the Night King explode, then pontificate online that viewers should just enjoy the amazing things they're being shown and laugh off anyone who calls it out for what it is; bad writing.

I read all the books, now i want to see how this version ends.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Sir friend zone killed the bear with regular dagger?
And I didn't see anyone use dragon Glass weapons in the fight on the island?
I saw at minimum an undead bear on-fucking-fire drop from a mysteriously small dagger to the shoulder, I can't imagine they just had a BearBane dagger floating around amongst the party. It being dragonglass (which they clearly were carrying around, see last episode) was the most obvious answer. I'm also 99% sure the Hound dropped his hammer and yanked out one or two more.

EDIT: Saw your edit, keeping the pics/gif in because they're cool.

Here's another clip:
jorah-dragonglass-weapon.gif

Very clearly not a forged weapon, nice and chiseled like obsidian.
Here's another, specifically Tormund:
RZxyM.jpg

And here be Sandor's dagger/axe/pick thingie:
Dragon2.png

Can't find a specific pic of the Bear being stabbed, but they all very clearly had either Valyrian or Dragonglass. Gendry is the only one who showed up half-assed.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
i predict in the end, the valerian dagger will kill Bran.
maybe even at his own hand

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Proud to separate myself from the pack. I've never watched a moment of this show. What's it all about?
Watch the first 4 or 5 seasons. Then stop. It gets stupid.

... And what type of baby comes out of a Targaryen woman that birthed dragons and a reincarnated Targaryen/Stark?
I don't think they were saying the dragons came from her womb. Pretty sure that fire caused her gift "fossilized" dragon eggs to hatch.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
Yeah the eggs for sure hatched. She did birth a mystically-dead child though, because the witch lady.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Watch the first 4 or 5 seasons. Then stop. It gets stupid.

I don't think they were saying the dragons came from her womb. Pretty sure that fire caused her gift "fossilized" dragon eggs to hatch.

Not in the traditional sense, but she did some soul trading when she was actually pregnant, Drogo died and then burned the place down. Who knows, their kid may be the new Night King.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Not in the traditional sense, but she did some soul trading when she was actually pregnant, Drogo died and then burned the place down. Who knows, their kid may be the new Night King.

well, I think the vagina shadow monster may still be out there, somewhere....maybe. orphan tipping, or something.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I was just reading some fan theories and someone brought up the fact the Night King's dragon is even more ominous because gives the NK mobility and he now can travel anywhere in Westeros and find piles of dead bodies from all the battles that have gone on and raise the dead to found a new army. So, it might not just be the slogging wights coming from the north, now fighting might happen on many fronts
Doesn't it have to be cold for the wights and WW'ers to be able to invade? I thought that was the whole point of the 'winter is coming' theme.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
so if cerci never intended to send troops to the wall to help, then why bother even offering?!
why not have the truce and just say her troops are going?

To be certain that Daenaerys doesn't attack whats left of her army immediately and hopefully empty out all her soldiers from captured territories to go fight the walkers in the north.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Season 6 was sloppy writing:

1) Littlefinger asks Sansa that if she and Arya were plotting to kill each other, who's side would Brienne take?
then Sansa sends Brienne away to Kings Landing.
wtf? why would sansa think Brienne would take Arya's side?
It was planned to lull LF into thinking that Sansa was still being played. And it set up a cliff hanger since Brienne being away meant the Stark girls could kill each other without Brienne to stop them.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Doesn't it have to be cold for the wights and WW'ers to be able to invade? I thought that was the whole point of the 'winter is coming' theme.

The way I recall it, the Walkers actually bring the winter--the timing and the length of the winters is a reflection of the strength of the walker army during any given era.

Reactions: Charmonium

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm going to presume Arya wouldn't let an influential face go to waste, not with Cersei still needin hers. I can see her telling the guards 'Take this snake carcass to my chambers. I'm not done with him yet.'

Cheers to Little Finger's little face probably living in Arya's leather bound portfolio of death.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I am shocked that they killed off LF so soon. he's a survivor.
I figured he would be one of the finalists for the Iron THrone.
ie: he wont die will next season (8), or at all

Last edited:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I am shocked that they killed off LF so soon. he's a survivor.
I figured he world be one of the finalists for the Iron THrone.
ie: he wont die will next season (8), or at all
I'm sure Littlefinger will be back next season.

Just with Arya behind the "mask".

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I don't understand why Tyrion was looking so glum when he saw jon enter dany's room for sex.
I also find it interesting that they showed TYrion instead of Sir Friendzone.

to me, this implies something more.
maybe tyrion knows that jon is a targarian?
after all,Ned Stark wasn't the only survivor at the Tower when he found baby Jon.