Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 82 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Question is, is she
Jeyne Westerling, or is this Talisa from Volantis identity legit
? Does it matter?

Feb 6, 2007
It was one of the best episodes from this season, apart from like 7 others. Or any of the episodes from the first season. Which is not to say that it was bad, but in the context of the series, it was definitely the weakest episode I've seen. Fortunately, even a comparatively weak episode of Game of Thrones is still compelling television.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I wonder if it would be better if someone were to re-edit the entire season one and two, so that each POV was at least a half hour long. Of course, that might be worse - Jamie Lanister would go from killing Ned to a canoe with Brienne in about 15 mins. The real problem with the TV show, and let me say I like it and am ok with the chages, is the pacing. For example, in the book, you cannot help but love Arya and her relationship with H'Gar. It is a wonderful story arc, and takes many chapters. TV, unfortunately, can only give it a few mins., and my friends who have not read, are a bit confused as to who H'Gar is because he is in the wagon, then in the next scene he is in Lannister armor. I cannot imagine how the TVonly people can even follw the story without the stuff the book readers can easily fill in.

Sep 12, 2004
It was one of the best episodes from this season, apart from like 7 others. Or any of the episodes from the first season. Which is not to say that it was bad, but in the context of the series, it was definitely the weakest episode I've seen. Fortunately, even a comparatively weak episode of Game of Thrones is still compelling television.
Pretty much this. It was still great but lacked that 'Holy crap, wtf?' moment that nearly every other episode has had. Calm before the storm, I guess.

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
Getting real tired of the platinum haired bitch always complaining about her dragon babies and acting like the world owes her one :thumbsdown:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Getting real tired of the platinum haired bitch always complaining about her dragon babies and acting like the world owes her one :thumbsdown:

I'm tired of her storyline too, but I assume she becomes more important down the line. Until then, she just needs to stop the whining and start taking off her clothes more often.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Interesting episode. The changes in the Arya story line are interesting....

Unfortunately... Jon is more idiotic than the books. I think the writers were constrained by the amount of time in 10 episodes and the budget.

If the story followed the books a little closer in the Jon story line, Ghost would've had more screen time and Jon wouldn't seem like he left 1/2 his brain at the wall.

Can't blame the producers too much given the budget and episode constraints I suppose.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Interesting episode. The changes in the Arya story line are interesting....

Unfortunately... Jon is more idiotic than the books. I think the writers were constrained by the amount of time in 10 episodes and the budget.

If the story followed the books a little closer in the Jon story line, Ghost would've had more screen time and Jon wouldn't seem like he left 1/2 his brain at the wall.

Can't blame the producers too much given the budget and episode constraints I suppose.

I can blame them. They could have easily told his story correctly using the same resources and screen time they devoted to him chasing Ygritte. Granted, some of that is saving them a bit of work from next season, but not much. Making the character look like an idiot really hurts him IMO considering what's in his future.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
It's hard to paint the Jon story being so 'green' in the limited time they have plus most probably don't even get it so blatantly shown.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
interensting fact:
Daenerys' handmaiden Doreah (the one who instructed her in the art of sex) dies in Book2. But she lives in the TV series.

Daenerys' other handmaiden Irri is still alive as of the last book written, but is killed in the tv series when Daenerys' dragons are stolen.

She was killed not because of creative choice by the writers, but because the actress that played her lost her work visa :eek:

Doreah taught sex, Irri taught Dothraki language and customs.
hm.. i approve of the change :)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
this season started off great.. more sex and violense ala Sparticus.
then it waned :(