Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I thought the first two episodes ended too soon. They were hardly SUPER DULL to me with all the ground work that's being put into place defining the new season. If you want just fucking and killing watch the Sopranos.

I agree they both seemed to end to soon. I was left wanting an extra hour on each episode. The shitty thing is that there is only a dozen or so episodes each season.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I agree they both seemed to end to soon. I was left wanting an extra hour on each episode. The shitty thing is that there is only a dozen or so episodes each season.
having read the books, I think these first two were just setting up some ground work. There is a LOT of stuff they need to cover in the next few episodes. I think this will make the remaining episodes extremely entertaining and fast paces. They are going to have to cut out somethings, which will bother some people, but over all, I think they have done an excellent job of moving the plot along and capturing the major scenes.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
yeah, don't fret about pacing, things are about to get very interesting in the next episode or two. And if we didn't have all the new introductions and building for new characters people would be extremely confused.

unfortunately its actually only 10 eps per season, at least thats how season 1 was, didn't hear about plans to change it for season 2 and on.

Jaiguru

Aug 13, 2007
Damn tonight's episode was confusing as hell. Anyway, what's the deal with the dude with all the daughters? I don't understand why he's held in such regard by the Black Watch. What would be the harm in just killing him and freeing all his daughters?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Damn tonight's episode was confusing as hell. Anyway, what's the deal with the dude with all the daughters? I don't understand why he's held in such regard by the Black Watch. What would be the harm in just killing him and freeing all his daughters?

from the wiki, http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/White_Walkers

These are know as the "Others" in the books.

About Craster:
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Craster

both of these shouldn't be terrible spoilers as they come from the TV wiki which holds back info until it airs.

If you want to dig deeper read about Craster on the book wiki.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Best season 2 episode so far.
Looking forward to more Arya and Jaqen H'ghar.
All the changes from the book were fine with one quibble: They should have drowned Theon and then given him CPR.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001

because he's one of the few wildlings they sort of have an alliance with

he gives them food and shelter when they're out doing their ranger shit, and the nights watch is also vastly outnumbered and can be at a huge disadvantage when they go beyond the wall, so really they can't just go killing wildlings willy nilly

Best season 2 episode so far.
Looking forward to more Arya and Jaqen H'ghar.
All the changes from the book were fine with one quibble: They should have drowned Theon and then given him CPR.

completely agree

I'm really loving what they've done with Margaery Tyrell, they're definitely developing her character nicely this early on to where events (a certain particular one really) that seem to come out of left field in the book are shaping up to where it looks like they'll make a lot more sense in the TV series.

Also have to say they did a very good job with Brienne

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
lommygreenhands.png

Jaiguru

Aug 13, 2007

For the love of all that is holy stop this meme. I'm pretty sure the only people that are laughing at it anyway are the ones that know it annoys people more than it amuses.

But yeah... that kid got owned in this episode.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
For the love of all that is holy stop this meme. I'm pretty sure the only people that are laughing at it anyway are the ones that know it annoys people more than it amuses.

But yeah... that kid got owned in this episode.

92450%20-%20arrow_in_the_knee%20Marco%20skyrim%20Skyrim_town_guard%20twilight_sparkle.JPG