Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bryf50

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2006
There's no explaining, it was on for me and everyone at 9pm like it always has been. It should already be up at HBO GO if your cable company supports it.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I become that they spent airtime on that drinking game instead of the omitted battle scenes. Admittedly, I'm sure the drinking game was much cheaper to film, but that is pretty lame. Here's hoping the finale makes up for it.

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
it was probably to show to leave him alone.

Nah, I don't think that had anything to do with it.

The book mentions that the Bravossi style Syrio fights with uses a smaller sword with a thinner blade, like the one Jon gave Arya. My assumption has been that the heavy longswords would slow him down so much that he just didn't bother. Though it is strange that he's totally unarmed, considering pretty much everyone else is walking around with multiple pieces of steel.

BTW, the book version of the fight contains considerably more ownage than was shown in the show.

Of the 5 men who attack Syrio before the knight:
* #1 gets a shattered wrist and kneecap
* #2 is stabbed through the eye
* #3 gets a crushed thoat
* #4 is nearly beheaded by an ally's strike that Syrio dodges
* #5 is knocked out by a boot to the face

Awesome post. I completely agree! :)

His whole method and philosophy of teaching had to do with quickness and agility. I think he was confident enough in his own skill, that he felt he could wipe out the guards with just a simple wooden practice sword.
And he damned near did it. I have only read book 1 and the start of book 2, and there has been no mention of him since the cliffhanger that was also represented in the tv series. I think he was slain by Trant.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Pretty good episode.

I hope
Drogo is ok, but I guess not since they entered the tent... I'm also beginning to like the little blonde twink king, he does things for teh lulz.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Pretty good episode.

I hope
Drogo is ok, but I guess not since they entered the tent... I'm also beginning to like the little blonde twink king, he does things for teh lulz.

Why did they enter anyway?

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
What is the significance of "Baelor"? Episode title and Ned says it to Yoren (with regards to Arya?) at the end. I don't recall that from the book.

Glayde

Sep 30, 2004
They were at the Sept of Baelor.

I believe he said Baelor because he told (Yoren?) that Arya was sitting on Baelor's statue?

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
They were at the Sept of Baelor.

I believe he said Baelor because he told (Yoren?) that Arya was sitting on Baelor's statue?

That makes sense. Don't know how I was supposed to know that just from watching tho :D

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Not everyone has read the books, and this thread is about the TV series. Are you guys really such inconsiderate asses that you can't even be bother to click a button for a spoiler tag?

I wonder, did we do the same for the LotR movie series? Harry Potter?

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder, did we do the same for the LotR movie series? Harry Potter?

Dunno, but a lot of people are just getting into GRRM because they like the series. The books take a long time to read and when people start posting about things in the later books it's frustrating. This thread's about the series and anything beyond AGoT is a spoiler that should at least be in tags, probably in a separate thread.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Pretty good episode.

I hope
An interesting consequence of entering the tent might be the baby she is giving birth too will some how get caught up in that blood magic spell that was cast. Hell Spawn?

Also, I have a feeling the Queen orchestrated that whole thing and was just putting on a look of shock when the twink flipped.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Wow.. episode blew me away..
cant say I didn't see that end coming.. never trust that little fuckwad.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
An interesting consequence of entering the tent might be the baby she is giving birth too will some how get caught up in that blood magic spell that was cast. Hell Spawn?

Also, I have a feeling the Queen orchestrated that whole thing and was just putting on a look of shock when the twink flipped.

Spoilers on your second comment:
Cersei actually is genuinely surprised that Joffrey decided to execute Ned - she realizes it can only cause more problems from the Lannisters

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
For the last Ned scene, I wish they used a floating cam and simulated his last visions as the world goes topsy turvy from being decapitated.