Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Pretty good episode.

I hope
Drogo is ok, but I guess not since they entered the tent... I'm also beginning to like the little blonde twink king, he does things for teh lulz.

Yep, Joff is all about the lulz. I kinda like him now too. :)

I forget from the books, but did Ilyn Payne use Ice or was that still back at Winterfell? That sword he used looked f'in huge.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Yep, Joff is all about the lulz. I kinda like him now too. :)

I forget from the books, but did Ilyn Payne use Ice or was that still back at Winterfell? That sword he used looked f'in huge.

He uses Ice. This is something that sticks in Arya's mind for some time. Not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I also think Sansa notices that Ilyn carries Ice with him going forward.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Pretty good episode.

I hope
Drogo is ok, but I guess not since they entered the tent...

Why did they enter anyway?

This isn't much of a spoiler, since I'm only explaining what happened in ep9 a little more thoroughly, but just to be on the safe side:
Remember that Ser Jorah Mormont was not in the tent when Mirri Maz Duur warned them to stay out; he doesn't know about that. Dany is only semi-conscious as he is carrying her in so she is unable to object.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Goddamnit Ned -
if you are going to die - at least yell out the truth about the 'King' before you die

ObviouslyI haven't read the books but I think they should kill Jamie now
:p

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I become that they spent airtime on that drinking game instead of the omitted battle scenes. Admittedly, I'm sure the drinking game was much cheaper to film, but that is pretty lame. Here's hoping the finale makes up for it.

I know where you're coming from in terms of action but let's face it, the building of Tyrion's character means quite a bit in the long run.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Goddamnit Ned -
if you are going to die - at least yell out the truth about the 'King' before you die

ObviouslyI haven't read the books but I think they should kill Jamie now
:p

/agree I thought the same thing..

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Goddamnit Ned -

He already did, which is what got him into that mess to begin with.
If he had just kept his mouth shut an played ball he would have been king regent until Joff came of age.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
For the last Ned scene, I wish they used a floating cam and simulated his last visions as the world goes topsy turvy from being decapitated.

what the fuck is wrong with you doing that? I know the story, but many do not.

The whole LoTR/Harry Potter had spoilers is a bullshit excuse.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Because there are probably several people who haven't seen that episode yet.

I try to use spoiler tags within 24 hours of an episode airing as a courtesy, but realistically, coming into this thread if you're not caught up with the current TV episode (and you haven't read the books) is extremely dangerous if you don't want to get spoiled.

Book spoilers past the current episode should always use spoiler tags and preferably be marked in some way as a book spoiler (but sadly not everyone is following this).

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
It ain't hard to avoid spoilers. If you come into this thread and are shocked to see information related to the series, shame on you.

I remained spoiler free from Star Wars Episode III. I went to great lengths about it and avoided ALL star wars sites, changed the channel when a trailer came on, warned friends not to tell me about what they heard and everything. If I could remain completely in the dark about that movie (knowing that I am a HUGE star wars nerd), then I believe those who want to remain unaware about this series can avoid this thread.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Pretty good episode.

I hope
Drogo is ok, but I guess not since they entered the tent... I'm also beginning to like the little blonde twink king, he does things for teh lulz.
book spoilers:

Joffrey is a fucking sociopath who has Sansa beaten and eventually forces her to marry Tyrion.

his death was extremely satisfying.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
book spoilers:

Joffrey is a fucking sociopath who has Sansa beaten and eventually forces her to marry Tyrion.

lol, it's been so long i nearly forgot that it happened and how it happened. great tv series so far. it almost makes me want to read the books again, but that won't happen until that fat bastard finishes the damn story.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
book spoilers:

GOD DAMN IT

stupid email updates do not include "spoiler tags"
So now that shit is ruined for me.

I'm through the 1st book and several hundred pages into book two.
FRACK!

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
GOD DAMN IT

FRACK!

Oh crap man that sucks..
that's ok after last night I kinda knew no main character in this series seems to be safe so I was hoping anyway!

I bought the Ebooks gonna start reading I cant wait for weeks to keep the story going haha.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
GOD DAMN IT

FRACK!

After all that, I had to cheat and read it... now I'm kind of interested to see it happen.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Syrio:
I'm almost positive I remember reading arya seeing him escape the red keep later on. I'm about 99% sure he survives, all the people talking about meryn trant like he is a worthy kingsguard confuses me as well. It has been a while since I've read the books but I'm pretty sure he was a pawn, relatively unskilled and unworthy of the cloak.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I become that they spent airtime on that drinking game instead of the omitted battle scenes. Admittedly, I'm sure the drinking game was much cheaper to film, but that is pretty lame. Here's hoping the finale makes up for it.

The drinking game scene would have been worthy of replacing the battle scene if only if there were breasts.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
LOL. If any of you haven't seen it yet and you want to avoid spoilers then don't visit the HBO.com website. There's a BIG spoiler about last night's episode right on the main page!

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
In case anyone didn't notice it in last night's episode
that was Ned's own sword, Ice, that took his head off