Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 528 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 1, 2006
They made a point to show that the dragons don't always do what she wants.
They have, but not to the point of a likely plot being 'big battle, the dragons won't help her until Bran takes one over'. For example, remember when they roasted someone on queue for her - that's the pattern.

Nov 18, 2005
But what's the point of Bran controlling a dragon - who seem to do as Daenerys wants - unless it's the undead dragon?

That'd be more useful in a Jon Snow versus Daenerys battle, ah ha so you thought you had dragons as Bran makes one or more fight for Jon Snow, but that seems unlikely.

On another topic, I was thinking about the title of the book series, 'a song of fire and snow', and how while Daenerys is clearly represented by fire, how the connection of Jon Snow by 'ice' was more iffy, and why they had to make it all about Starks in the cold north, and 'winter is coming', and his service at the wall in the snow. But it seems pretty forced. He doesn't have 'cold magic' and such.

Then I noticed his name relative to the 'ice' defining (at least they didn't make Daenerys' last name "Flame"). Seems a bit heavy-handed.

For "A Song of Ice and Fire" I never got Daenerys and Jon Snow out of that. No, I've been thinking white walkers and dragons.

Jun 4, 2004
Specifically I recall one of the dragons killing peasants and eating livestock.
The show had the dragons misbehaving during their adolescence - Drogon killing the peasant and flying off. That lead to the other two being locked below.

However once she brought fully grown* Drogon back and released the other two to fight at the battle of Meereen they have basically obeyed her every command.

*yes it’s arguable that dragons never stop growing so maybe matured is a better way to put it. At any rate it seems the show ended the Danys Misbehaving Dragons storyline at the end of season 6.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
But what's the point of Bran controlling a dragon - who seem to do as Daenerys wants - unless it's the undead dragon?

That'd be more useful in a Jon Snow versus Daenerys battle, ah ha so you thought you had dragons as Bran makes one or more fight for Jon Snow, but that seems unlikely.

On another topic, I was thinking about the title of the book series, 'a song of fire and snow', and how while Daenerys is clearly represented by fire, how the connection of Jon Snow by 'ice' was more iffy, and why they had to make it all about Starks in the cold north, and 'winter is coming', and his service at the wall in the snow. But it seems pretty forced. He doesn't have 'cold magic' and such.

Then I noticed his name relative to the 'ice' defining (at least they didn't make Daenerys' last name "Flame"). Seems a bit heavy-handed.
We haven't seen how the dragons will react to the loss of one of them. It's possible they'll not want to be in harm's way if they come across the White Walkers and will try to take off. For all they've been shown to be, they've been portrayed as more like dogs.

Of course, odds are the answer isn't about the dragons. It's about what Bran wants to do, and sometimes you just want to be a dragon...

12490_4706610302608_1342207651_n.jpg

May 1, 2006
For "A Song of Ice and Fire" I never got Daenerys and Jon Snow out of that. No, I've been thinking white walkers and dragons.
I thought of both. On the snow side, the undead army seems to fit well. But for fire, the dragons seem just part of Daenerys' fire theme. So another way to look at a 'song of fire and ice' is the partnership of Daenerys and Jon Snow, against the undead.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS