Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 257 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
FML. I just accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread and found out a huge spoiler.
AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Is there any way to put a thread on my ignore list?

Depending on how many posts per page you display it shouldn't have been a huge spoiler. If you have a lot, like me, there was some relevant discussion to what was happening in the show right now.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I only come in to this thread via my subscriptions panel so you could try that for built-in protection.

I was always worried about being subscribed because the spoiler tags do not show in e-mail notifications; forgot you could subscribe without getting notifications. :D

KT

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
FML. I just accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread and found out a huge spoiler.
AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Is there any way to put a thread on my ignore list?

So now you know the dragons continue to grow until their mass causes the planet to collapse in on itself, forming a black hole, which finally adds something to the show that sucks more than watching Sam and Gilly together.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
So now you know the dragons continue to grow until their mass causes the planet to collapse in on itself, forming a black hole, which finally adds something to the show that sucks more than watching Sam and Gilly together.

The thought of watching Sam and Gilly get it on is enough to cause my testicles to ascend so far up they will only stop at my adam's apple.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I actually find Gilly kind of cute. Figured I'd be the only one. :D

KT

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Blah, I thought that scene with the flower/strategy was ep2.

That would have been fine and dandy with me, had the episode 3 stuff been put into episode 2, and we get something new for this one, but as it stands, it seems to have taken them ~7+ days to march that path? Maybe the events of episode 2 didn't take as long as I think.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
They couldn't have found two uglier actors for those parts. =(

I don't have a problem with how they look, not everyone can be models, especially not the inbred daughter of some backwoods medieval redneck. It's just that the two of them together in a scene talking to each other exceeds my maximum limit for awkwardness. At least Sam has some redeeming qualities in non-Gilly scenes, though not many, but put them together and it's like watching a 12 year old math/chess nerd trying to hit on an Amish chick who's not allowed to talk to anyone.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Is everyone still ignoring the fact that Joffrey was, officially, a Baratheon? Tywin certainly knows there was sister-fucking happening (At least I would assume he does), but even then, there is no way he could ever admit that he was a full Lannister. It would remove all claim he had to the throne and 7 hells would be against their family.

It is worth noting that Joffrey (or it was strongly suggested to him) changed the coat of arms when he became king, half Baratheon, half Lannister.

At his point, I'm not sure why the Nightwatch dont' simply focus on keeping the Wildlings jsut on their side (yes, I know this is their goal and they currently have problems with that), and let the zombies eat the Wildlings. --at least, they haven't discussed this strategy.

Because that just makes MORE zombies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Okay Okay--how's about Nightwatch sit up on their wall and watch the wildlings and zombies fight it out, all the while torching the whole area with pitch and fire arrows?